I've read that some of the natural aquifers in the U.S. are running low. How many aquifiers are there in America and where are they?
#107372. Asked by george48. (Jul 24 09 1:42 PM)
There are several.|
1. The Ogalalla aquifer in the central USA is rapidly depleted. It underlines 8 states.
2. The Kirkwood-Cohansey Aquifer, located under the Pine Barrens of southern New Jersey, contains 17 trillion US gallons of some of the purest water in the United States.
3. The Mahomet Aquifer supplies water to some 800,000 people in central Illinois and contains approximately 4 trillion US gallons of water.
4. The Spokane Valley - Rathdrum Prairie Aquifer covers 325 square miles in eastern Washington and Idaho. It provides drinking water for 400,000 people.
5. The San Diego Formation is a water aquifer for San Diego and Los Angeles.
6. Washington has a lot of aquifers, but there are three major aquifer systems: one in the southeast, one in the Puget Sound Lowland, and glacial outwash deposits in northeast Washington.
Find something useful here? Please help us spread the word about FunTrivia. Recommend this page below!