Wal-Mart is responsible for selling 26% of this household product in the United States. What is it?
#44671. Asked by Lsh1482. (Feb 25 04 9:16 PM)
* Wal-mart sells 19% of all grocery-store food in the United States, making it the largest food seller.|
* It handles 16% of all pharmacy-drug sales in the United States.
* It controls 30% of the US household staples market - paper towels, toothpaste, shampoo, etc.
* It is Hollywood's biggest outlet, selling 15-20% of all CDs, videos, and DVDs in the United States.
* It sells 15% of all single-copy news publications.
* Reciprocally, Wal-Mart controls a large and increasing share of the business done by almost every major consumer-products company:
28.3% of Dial (soap products)
24% of Del Monte Foods
23% of Clorox (bleaches and cleaners)
23% of Revlon (cosmetics)
* It controls one-fifth or more of the business done by Proctor & Gamble (household products and soaps); Levi Strauss (jeans and clothing); and Newell Rubbermaid (household consumer rubber products.)
It also sells 30% of the disposable diapers purchased in the United States, 30% of hair-care products, 26% of toothpaste and 20% of pet food.
Find something useful here? Please help us spread the word about FunTrivia. Recommend this page below!