How do you make a green bean casserole?
#67877. Asked by hitmenbling. (Jul 05 06 2:09 PM)
* 1 can (approx. 14.5 ounces) French-style green beans, drained|
* 1 can or jar (approx. 15 ounces) small whole onions, drained
* 2 tablespoons diced drained pimiento
* 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
* 1/4 cup fine bread crumbs
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 2 tablespoons melted butter
Preparation: In a lightly buttered 1 1/2-quart casserole, combine green beans, onions, diced pimiento, and mushroom soup. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the top of the casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes. Serves four.
This is the traditional green bean casserole recipe:|
Some people try to class it up with fresh mushrooms and green beans rather than canned stuff. I suggest using low sodium mushroom soup. You can always add more salt later if you like it.
Find something useful here? Please help us spread the word about FunTrivia. Recommend this page below!