When does the third book of the 'Inheritance Trilogy' come out?
#83482. Asked by wwiivarn. (Jul 17 07 9:02 PM)
The release date has yet to be determined as of this date. What is known about the third book is as follows:|
In the Eragon Newsletter of March 2006 Paolini writes near the end that the book is coming along nicely and that he has a battle to write.
* The content of the cover is one of the few things confirmed by Paolini. The cover will feature an emerald green dragon looking to the right.
In March of 2006, Christopher Paolini was interviewed by Mike Macauley of the website www.shurtugal.com and he revealed the following information:
* When a dragon and a Rider become linked, the Rider's magic immediately turns into the color of that dragon's scales.
* At the end of Eldest, the Varden still favor Nasuada in terms of leadership, but Paolini has hinted that in book 3 this might change.
* Paolini also mentioned that in Book 3 it will be revealed if Saphira ever finds a mate.
* More information about Tornac (Murtagh's old friend and trainer) will be revealed.
* Elva, along with "every other character," will have an important role to play.
Paolini answered some questions for his fans on his official site in July and August 2006 and gave a video interview in December 2006 to promote the movie.
* It is unclear how Thorn, Murtagh's dragon, matured to rival Saphira despite their age difference, but Christopher Paolini has stated that it will be revealed in the third book of the trilogy.
* The nature of the spirits that sorcerers summon will be revealed; already it has been stated that they are not the souls of sentient creatures returned from the afterlife.
In February 2007, Paolini answered an Open Letter of the Czech fan site www.alagaesie.net. The Open Letter was delivered to the author via his Czech publisher Fragment. He answered the following questions regarding Book 3 of the Inheritance trilogy:
* Information about Brom's lover (referred to by Angela) will be revealed.
* Eragon has yet to acquire the new weapon referred to in the first book.
* More about dwarf culture will be revealed.
* Ajihad's back-story will be revealed.
* More of Arya's background will be revealed.
Find something useful here? Please help us spread the word about FunTrivia. Recommend this page below!