In total, how many people have achieved the top prize on the popular full hour length and syndicated version of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?"
#83734. Asked by 24and48fan. (Jul 24 07 7:29 AM)
United States (prime time and syndicated versions)|
* John Carpenter, November 19, 1999 (the first millionaire of the entire series)
* Dan Blonsky, January 18, 2000
* Joe Trela, March 23, 2000
* Bob House, June 13, 2000
* Kim Hunt, July 6, 2000
* David Goodman, July 11, 2000
* Kevin Olmstead, ($2.18 Million) April 10, 2001
* Bernie Cullen, April 15, 2001
* Ed Toutant, ($1.86 Million) September 7, 2001
* Kevin Smith (First winner of the syndicated version), February 18, 2003
* Nancy Christy (First woman to win the million dollars in the U.S. version), May 8, 2003
In addition, Robert Essig won $1,000,000 on Super Millionaire on 23 February 2004, but did not win the top prize of $10,000,000.
In March 2002, Paddy Spooner became the first and only person to sit in the hot seat in three countries when he won in Republic of Ireland, having previously won $250k in Australia and £250k in the United Kingdom. In Ireland though, he didn't make it to the €32,000 level, according to an Australian game show website.
In addition to cowboy3232001's notes, I want to add Kevin Smith (First winner of the syndicated version), 18 February 2003 and Nancy Christy (First and only woman, to date, to win the million dollars in the U.S. version), 8 May 2003 are major prize winners on syndication.|
Find something useful here? Please help us spread the word about FunTrivia. Recommend this page below!