I asked the TV question on my Facebook, and a couple of my friends guess "yellow people", but alas that's still wrong.|
This is the order these shows joined the list (I think according to research): Doctor Who, Sesame Street, SNL, Pokemon, South Park, Spongebob, Simpsons.
Reply #1341. Nov 11 11, 7:22 AM
is the thing in common that they all had full-length films released, based on their series?|
Reply #1342. Nov 16 11, 12:55 PM
I think you're correct, Jakeroo!|
Reply #1343. Nov 17 11, 9:08 PM
Dr. Who and the Daleks (1965)|
The Muppet Movie (1979)
The Blues Brothers (1980)
Pokémon: The First Movie - Mewtwo Strikes Back (1998)
South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (1999)
The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (2004)
The Simpsons Movie (2007)
If you consider The Muppets to be part of Sesame Street, then yes, that list is in the correct order. Otherwise, Sesame Street has had only two movies: Sesame Street Presents Follow That Bird, which came out in 1985, and Elmo in Grouchland.
Reply #1344. Nov 19 11, 3:55 PM
Indeed, this is 504. The order I used is off. Wikipedia has listed Coneheads before Blues Brothers, although it came 13 years after. I do not count the muppets because The Muppets Show is not still running. Unfortunately.|
Six more, and I should see you Sunday. School's off this week!
507. Complete the analogy: Olympic Parade of nations : The home country :: Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade : ?
508. Take the name of a video game series with two installments. Move the third letter down one position in the alphabet, and you will get the name of another video game series with two installments. What are the two series?
509. The Seward Peninsula can be found on what landmass?
?510. What piece of literature begins with an event that has the probability of 1/633825300114114700748351602688, or 1/2^99?
511. What is the only number whose numbers, when spelled out, are in alphabetical order?
512. War, peace, old age, and jollity can be brought by what objects?
Reply #1345. Nov 22 11, 4:13 PM
508. Portal, Postal|
Reply #1346. Nov 22 11, 4:19 PM
511. Probably wrong. Forty?|
Reply #1347. Nov 22 11, 6:20 PM
509. Not sure exactly what you mean by "land mass", but Seward Peninsula is part of Alaska|
Reply #1348. Nov 22 11, 7:12 PM
512: the planets in our solar system?|
Reply #1349. Nov 22 11, 7:14 PM
510 is Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead.|
Reply #1350. Nov 22 11, 8:44 PM
507. Father Christmas/Santa Claus. Coming in last in the procession. |
Reply #1351. Nov 23 11, 2:55 AM
512 (more precisely):|
- Mars, the Bringer of War
- Venus, the Bringer of Peace
- Mercury, the Winged Messenger
- Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity
- Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
- Uranus, the Magician
- Neptune, the Mystic
Reply #1352. Nov 23 11, 7:57 AM
508. Portal and Postal. Maybe.|
Reply #1353. Nov 23 11, 9:18 AM
508. Woops. Salami already answered that one. Guess I'll take a stab at 510:|
510. I think it's The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable by Nassim Nicholas Taleb. The probability refers to the chance of flipping a coin and getting heads 99 times in a row.
Reply #1354. Nov 23 11, 10:08 AM
Ugh, that sounds like an incredibly boring book. For me, anyway. ;-)|
Reply #1355. Nov 23 11, 10:30 AM
507 is Santa.|
508 is Portal/Postal. Thanks daBomb for the question.
509 is Alaska.
510 is Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead. I read the script to make sure the number was exactly 99, as opposed to the more round 100.
511 is 40.
512 is planets, as told by Gustav Holst.
Good job guys. See yall Sunday. Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Reply #1356. Nov 23 11, 5:14 PM
Y'know, there are still these two questions that remain unanswered:|
492. What do these countries have in common, in this order? Russia, Belgium, France, Prussia, Italy, Austria, Hungary, Romania, Serbia, Montenegro, Turkey, Ottoman Empire, Poland.
?493. What song title references two ratios: 150% and 625%?
Reply #1357. Nov 23 11, 7:49 PM
493 is 25 or 6 or to 4|
Reply #1358. Nov 23 11, 10:10 PM
*minus the extra or|
Reply #1359. Nov 23 11, 10:11 PM
25 or 6 to 4 is right.|
Six new ones.
513. In 359 BC, what told Philip II of Macedon “With silver spears you may conquer the world”?
514. Only 2 letters of the alphabet start the names of countries, where the second letter can be any vowel, including Y, and still be the name of a country. Name both letters.
??515. “The True Spirit of Adventure” narrates what classic Disney cartoon?
?516. In The Game of Life, what is the only spinner number that a player cannot buy stock for?
517. Take the name of a region in South America. Move the third letter to the beginning of the word, and you get something found in Central America. What are the words?
??518. What type of object has only hit the B&O Warehouse building in Baltimore, MD only once, in 1993?
Reply #1360. Nov 28 11, 7:26 PM
Legal / Conditions of Use