556. I'm thinking Arby's.|
Oh, wait, you meant...never mind.
Reply #1481. Jan 17 12, 5:36 AM
556. Hmm, I like Subway, but both the food corporation and the transportation system are two words, so I don't think that is what GOW is going for.|
Reply #1482. Jan 17 12, 9:26 AM
One word, you mean.|
Reply #1483. Jan 17 12, 10:44 AM
No, I mean two words.|
"556. Take a 2-word name of a food industry. Change the spacing in the name, and you now get a possible name of another industry, but now in transportation. What are the businesses?"
Two word name of a food industry. Therefore, I do not think that "subway" is what he had in mind. For Subway, there is also no need to change any spacing to mean both the restaurant and the transportation system.
Or am I completely and totally misreading the question?
Reply #1484. Jan 17 12, 10:53 AM
No, I misread your answer. Never mind.|
Reply #1485. Jan 17 12, 10:55 AM
Swami, I think you are correct in your assessment.|
Reply #1486. Jan 17 12, 10:55 AM
I concur. I misread the question. |
Reply #1487. Jan 17 12, 4:56 PM
Food Industry-- Raisin Growers
Transport Industry-- Raising Rowers
Hey, it works! Kind of.
Reply #1488. Jan 19 12, 4:21 AM
555 is Rhapsody in Blue.|
556 is not Raisin Growers. The food and transportation are both 7 letters.
557 is jump the shark.
558 is indeed God.
560 is Tetris pieces.
Sorry for the delay. Six now on the way. Start answering Tuesday.
561. Of the four cardinal directions, which face of a mountain is considered the harshest?
562. Take a two word phrase that might be someone you see in Oklahoma. Add the letter A at the very end of the phrase, and you get a setting of a current TV show. What are the phrases?
563. What person was cremated on December 17, 1966, and whose ashes were interred at the Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, California, and that’s it???
564. At the end of what movie do you see a treasure chest filled with $5,000,000 with the chest labeled the appropriate phrase “deus ex machina”?
565. Take two abbreviations that are both the same number of letters, and are usually associated with each other. For one abbreviation, take the last letter and move it to the front, and for the other, spell it backwards. Put these letters all together, and you get a subject studied at school. What are the abbreviations?
??566. What does the “G” in the sporting event known as Super G stand for?
Reply #1489. Jan 30 12, 10:28 PM
564. Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story|
Reply #1490. Jan 31 12, 2:19 AM
563. Walt Disney|
Reply #1491. Jan 31 12, 2:22 AM
565. REP and DEM for Republican and Democrat. Turns into PRE-MED.|
Reply #1492. Jan 31 12, 4:23 PM
566 is Giant.|
Reply #1493. Jan 31 12, 4:52 PM
562. You can find, among other tribes, a Pawnee Indian in Oklahoma. Pawnee, Indiana is the fictional setting of NBC's Parks and Recreation.|
Reply #1494. Feb 04 12, 2:02 AM
561. The east face|
Reply #1495. Feb 06 12, 10:32 AM
561 is not the east face. (This technically is the first multiple choice question I've given, so don't guess wildly)|
562 is Pawnee, Indiana.
563 is Walt Disney.
564 is Dodgeball.
565 is Pre-Med.
566 is Giant.
You can start answering on Monday.
567. What city lies directly in the middle of the country that is surrounded by the Shifting Sands, the Great Sandy Waste, the Impassable Desert, and the Deadly Desert?
568. Take a food that is also a nickname for something, not food related. If you were to cook that food, you would get another food that is also a nickname for that same something. What are the foods?
569. What band gets its name from its original lead guitarist’s last name and the plural of its original and current lead singer?
??570. What place was named after being discovered by Dutch explorer Jacob Roggeveen on April 5th, 1722, a Sunday?
571. Take the name of two different pronouns. If you put these two together you now get a name from myth. What are the pronouns?
572. With da Vinci, it’s horizontal. With Tintoretto, it’s at a diagonal. What is it?
Reply #1496. Feb 12 12, 10:58 AM
570- Easter Island.|
Reply #1497. Feb 13 12, 1:15 AM
The table in each artists respective The Last Supper painting. |
Reply #1498. Feb 13 12, 3:41 AM
561. The north face (as in the north face of the Eiger) - led to clothing company...|
Reply #1499. Feb 13 12, 4:53 AM
My previous answer was for 572. |
571 would be these+us for Theseus.
Reply #1500. Feb 13 12, 4:55 PM
Legal / Conditions of Use