Interesting Questions, Facts and Information
- There are a total of 30 general entries.
Interesting Questions, Facts, and Information
4. Peacock became a Ram and Bengal running back in the NFL.
10. He switched to 14 in the Fall. In the 1999 media guide, he is pictured throwing the ball in a #10 blue, QB jersey.
83. Carl wore 83, his brother Chris wore 16.
Derrick White. You have to go all the way back to the mid 80s. Derrick White started at corner with the #14. Crudup wore 15, Ray wore #19, and Cabbiness wore #16.
63. Selmon was a defensive lineman for the Bucs.
18. He wore 18 at OU, and 8 for Dallas in a great NFL career.
0. Oklahoma had never retired a jersey number. With all the greats in the programs history, it would be a difficult thing to do.
No. They lost 28-10 to Texas.
Oklahoma State. Oklahoma State lost on a last second heave to the end zone by Zach Robinson.
Allen Patrick. Allen Patrick had 650 rushing yards when he backed Adrian.
144.6. Along with that, he had 2434 passing yards.
Oregon. It was controversy whether the ball went the required yardage before it was touched.
993. To go along with that, he had 62 receptions.
Yes. He had 2 carries for 6 yards.
Iowa State. He was out for the rest of the season except for the bowl game.
115. His per average was 1.8 yards a carry.
|At the end of the 2006 season, the Oklahoma Sooners were surprised in a shocking loss in the Fiesta Bowl, due to a trick play in the final minutes of the game. What team shocked the Sooners?||Oklahoma Sooners Facts
Boise State. The play was the "Statue of Liberty" in the 2006 Fiesta bowl. The Sooners lost 43-42 in overtime.
Bob Stoops. Bob Stoops became the head coach in 1999, and won his first title in 2000.
|In 1975, the Sooners won their 5th national title. Who was the senior quarterback who led them through the season?||Oklahoma Sooners Facts
Steve Davis. Oklahoma entered the 1975 season with the nation's longest winning streak at 20 games.
|In 2008, the Sooners had the highest scoring offense. How many points did the Sooners average per game?||Oklahoma Sooners Facts
51.14. The Sooners outscored there opponents 716-343. Thay also led the NCAA Rankings in turnover margin (1.64) and passing efficiency (176.24).
|In 2003, Jason White became the 4th Sooner to receive the Heisman. How many touchdown passes did he throw in that season?||Oklahoma Sooners Facts
40. Jason White completed 61.6% of his passes in 2003, and threw for 3846 yards with only 10 interceptions.
|In 1978, Billy Sims was the 3rd Sooner to win the Heisman. Two years later he was picked first in the 1st round of the NFL Draft. What team drafted him? ||Oklahoma Sooners Facts
Lions. Billy Sims was only the 2nd Sooner to be the #1 pick. Lee Roy Selmon was picked #1 by the Buccaneers in 1976.
Gary Gibbs. Gary Gibbs coached from 1989-1994, and held an overall record of 44-23-2.
Barry Switzer. Barry Switzer won 157 games in his career, extending from 1973-1988. He later coached the NFL Dallas Cowboys.
13-2. Championship years include; 1950, 1955, 1956, 1974, 1975, 1985, and 2000.