Interesting Questions, Facts and Information
- There are a total of 10 general entries.
Interesting Questions, Facts, and Information
Red Sox 2010s
|Just prior to the season, which World Series MVP pitcher signed a four-year contract extension through the 2014 season?||Boston Red Sox: 2010
Josh Beckett. Beckett, in his three previous seasons went 20-7, 12-10, and 17-6. In 2010, he squeaked out a 6-6 record with a 5.78 ERA in 21 starts. The Red Sox traded Ramirez to the Giants in July.
4. Amazingly, the Red Sox stood firm with only four shutouts, which led the American League. Although the Rays won seven more games than the Red Sox, they were shutout 10 times. One team that did the dastardly deed to Boston were the Twins on April 15, 8-0. The Rangers shut them out on April 22, 3-0. The Indians embarrassed them on June 9, 11-0. Finally, Oakland shut them out 5-0 on September 10.
|Three American League teams of the 14 hit over 200 home runs as a team. Where did the Red Sox rank for the season?||Boston Red Sox: 2010
2. The Red Sox were one of the teams that topped the 200-mark. They were led by the 32 of David Ortiz and 28 by Adrian Beltre. Boston had eight players hit home runs in double-figures. They totaled 211 big ones. The Blue Jays led the league by hitting 257. The only other team to hit 200 was the Yankees who finished third with 201.
|The Red Sox pitching staff was ranked number one in strikeouts in the American League in 2010. Who led Boston in strikeouts with 225?||Boston Red Sox: 2010
Jon Lester. The others had less than 100. It was the second time in Jon's five seasons that he topped the 200-mark. His 225 strikeouts matched his career high of 225 in 2009. John Lackey finished out the season with 156, and Daisuke Matsuzaka threw 133.
Adrian Beltre. Beltre finished ninth in the voting, and watched the Rangers' Josh Hamilton win it in 2010. No other Red Sox player finished in the top 20. Adrian was runner-up for the MVP in 2004 while as a Dodger. He lost the award to Barry Bonds of the Giants.
|The Red Sox played the Yankees 18 times during the season. How many of those games did Boston win?||Boston Red Sox: 2010
9. They split the season series with New York. The Red Sox had their best record against the Angels, going 9-1. The Rays gave them the most problems, with Boston winning only seven of 18 games.
|Boston's longest losing streak in the season was four games. What was their longest winning streak?||Boston Red Sox: 2010
6. Starting June 15, the Red Sox strung a six-game winning streak. Their streak was during interleague play when they beat the Diamondbacks and Dodgers three times each.
0. Jon Lester led the team with his 19-9 record. Clay Buchholz went 17-7, and John Lackey went 14-11. Those were the only pitchers to win in double-figures.
Terry Francona. Francona took over the helm from Little after the 2003 season. Terry took them to the 2004 and 2007 World Series crowns. He closed out the 2010 season with his 654-480 Boston career record.
|The Red Sox finished in third place in the AL East for the first time since 2006. How many wins did Boston have in the 2010 season?||Boston Red Sox: 2010
89. In their three previous seasons, they averaged 95 wins. With their 89-73 2010 season, they finished seven games back behind the Rays, and six games behind the Yankees.