Interesting Questions, Facts and Information
- There are a total of 10 general entries.
Interesting Questions, Facts, and Information
1960. Ted got his 500th HR in his final year when he hit 29 HRs.
9. At Fenway Park in Boston, They have a 9 in left field in the turf/grass.
19. He played from 1939-1960, including missing his 4 military seasons.
0. Ted hit 193 in 1940, and came close again with 194 in 1949.
f. Ted scored 1798 times in his career! In his first 8 seasons, he scored over 100 times every year.
f. He retired with 2654 hits. In 10 of his seasons, he had over 150 hits.
5. It was during WWII in 1943-44-45, and most of the 1952 and 1953 season in Korea.
1942 & 1947. Ted lost the MVP in 1942 and 1947 even though he won the Triple Crown. He won the MVP in 1941 when he hit .406, slammed 37HRs, 120 RBIs, and banged out 185 hits.
.344. Ted was considered by many, as to be the greatest hitter of all-time. His highest season average was .406 in 1941.
521. The Kid lost 3 years of playing to the WWII, and some in the Korea War. If he didn't, then he might be right up there on the all time HR list. 14 times in his career he hit 25 or more.