Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#100504 - Fri Apr 06 2001 11:45 PM Alternative Easter Baskets
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

Loc: San Diego California USA 
Help me think of some items to put inside an Easter basket. I would like to make some baskets for some of my friends (some are adults and some are children) and I would like to put some other items in the basket besides candy.

[ 04-06-2001: Message edited by: JoJo2 ]

#100505 - Fri Apr 06 2001 12:08 PM Re: Alternative Easter Baskets
Anonymous
No longer registered

Hey Jo, since it is Spring after all and everyone is finally going to get to spend time out doors...how about seed packets or small plants and garden hand tools for the adults. And for the kids, how about small "outside" toys like jumpropes, jacks, sidewalk chalk for hopscotch, etc.

PS - This thought just occured to me as well...I think I'll put some fishing and golf stuff in Hub's basket.

PSS - I can't wait until Easter morning! I wove Hub and Mini-me's baskets myself, by hand this year! They turned out so cool!

[ 04-06-2001: Message edited by: CarolinaCarol ]

#100506 - Fri Apr 06 2001 12:35 PM Re: Alternative Easter Baskets
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

Loc: San Diego California USA 
Excellent suggestions CarolinaCarol!! Thanks! You should start a thread and give us some tips on weaving our own baskets. I would love to give it a try.

Oh speaking of golf. As a house warming gift. I bought a friend of mine who loves to play golf a large topiary and I stuck some tees in the bottom and put arrranged some golf balls on there with a little flag. It came out pretty good, and my friend really like the gift. I guess we could always give one as an alternative to an Easter basket.

Keep those suggestions coming, maybe some of our other members might want to do make some cool baskets for some of their friends and family also.

Moderator:  ren33, SilverMoonsong