Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1007652 - Thu Aug 29 2013 06:06 PM Re: Who Am I - "Champion" divison plea [Re: WesleyCrusher]
postcards2go Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New Jersey USA
Originally Posted By: WesleyCrusher
While we're on the topic of small but helpful fixes, can you please add a confirmation or undo to the Team Leader message delete (doesn't it just hide the post so that an undo would be easy to add)? I accidentally deleted something from our board twice this week while clicking back into the FT window from another program frown

Wes, yes! I have accidentally deleted posst when meaning to click on 'reply'. This leads to a discussion on what the offending post might have been LOL

Thanks, Terry... for both changes smile

#1007732 - Fri Aug 30 2013 09:56 AM Re: Who Am I - "Champion" divison plea [Re: Chavs]
eyhung Offline
Explorer

Loc: California USA
Thanks for the Who Am I change! You may also want to update the text describing the champ division as for people who have won all badges related to the game now.

#1007744 - Fri Aug 30 2013 12:02 PM Re: Who Am I - "Champion" divison plea [Re: Chavs]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
team leader thread delete verify added

#1007764 - Fri Aug 30 2013 02:11 PM Re: Who Am I - "Champion" divison plea [Re: Chavs]
WesleyCrusher Offline
Administrator

Loc: Germany
Thanks - my main problem was with single posts in a thread however (big link near reply). Those don't seem to have a verification added yet.

#1007768 - Fri Aug 30 2013 02:40 PM Re: Who Am I - "Champion" divison plea [Re: Terry]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Originally Posted By: Terry
team leader thread delete verify added

Can we have the exact same feature on the category boards and the Lounge for mods? My greatest fear is deleting a topic thread and losing everything.

#1008458 - Tue Sep 03 2013 11:41 AM Re: Who Am I - "Champion" divison plea [Re: Chavs]
HoboKing Offline
Participant

Loc: South Carolina USA
When I first started playing the Who Am I game I did very well for the most part. I'm not really well versed on badges won in that game or any other for that matter, but when I "graduated" to the Champ level it was a rude awakening. It got so frustrating I would take a few days off at a time but I never quit the game. Yesterday I breezed through the game and today the same. That was too easy I told myself, then noticed I was playing the "easy" game again. Clueless I came on this forum and found out why. I quit the Word Wizard Game out of frustration but was hanging in there with Who Am I and Mind Melt, two games that can also be tough, but I enjoy anyway. I guess I have to claw my way back up the ladder on Who Am I, so that I can get frustrated all over again. Don't take it wrong, the tough challenges are one of the reasons I'm here.

#1009131 - Fri Sep 06 2013 04:29 AM Re: Who Am I - "Champion" divison plea [Re: Chavs]
Carti Offline
Participant

Loc: Athenry Ireland
Slightly surprised to be thrown out of the Champs division! I'd have thought that the average of points (whozits) scored per day - mine is over 90 - was a far better indicator of what individual players know about this subject, rather than the dogged accumulation of points over the years. Still, you know best.

#1009766 - Mon Sep 09 2013 01:13 AM Re: Who Am I - "Champion" divison plea [Re: Chavs]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
my question to the above 2 folks. Was your champs badge taken away as well? If so, I'd be upset, were it me. If not, I don't see how this is a "bad" thing.

#1009773 - Mon Sep 09 2013 04:45 AM Re: Who Am I - "Champion" divison plea [Re: Chavs]
bucknallbabe Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Bedfordshire England UK      
I too found myself "demoted" - I could hold my own in the Champs Division and part (probably most) of the enjoyment was seeing my name above those of some of the top players. I haven't noticed any great difference in difficulty between the "Hard" and "Champ" games but I'm picking up "Whozits" at a slightly faster rate so the Mastery will be mine sooner. For me, the satisfaction of beating a top player was greater than getting the badge a couple of weeks sooner so for this particular player, the change might not be "bad" but it is not all good. I have no idea how many other players were "demoted" but I suspect the numbers playing in the "Hard" game has increased. Those who could hold their own in the Champs division will probably also be doing well in the Hard game but it wouldn't surprise me if those who were struggling in Champs are not finding it as easy to get the Whozits as they hoped in the Hard game. I'd have preferred to earn my Mastery in the Champs division by playing against top players but I appreciate this is not the case for everyone. I don't think there is a "champs badge" as such - just that the criteria for being a Champ have now been changed to require "Mastery" as well.

#1009792 - Mon Sep 09 2013 05:03 AM Re: Who Am I - "Champion" divison plea [Re: Chavs]
WesleyCrusher Offline
Administrator

Loc: Germany
There's no champs badge - the one you're likely thinking of ("Legendary Champion") only requires that you have earned 7 monthly victories which is independent from "champ" status in any game. The "demotion" doesn't change anything in that regard and doesn't make the badge harder to get.

Champ status is meant as something of a "retired" status - it's for those players who no longer compete for badges in a particular game because they have all of them. Having champ before attaining mastery would defeat that (the change now was simply a fix - WaI champ was instituted before the Mastery badge and still used old requirements).

Lastly, hard and champ sets use the same question pool and count the same for team games and Ascension Quest. It's just that you play different opponents and that non-champs have the option of playing easy while champs must play the hard version.

#1009869 - Mon Sep 09 2013 09:19 AM Re: Who Am I - "Champion" divison plea [Re: Chavs]
Carti Offline
Participant

Loc: Athenry Ireland
Since I've earned nearly all of my ca.30,000 points in this game almost exclusively in the champs div - where presumably things are tougher and progress is slower - I do find it *somewhat* unfair to now be down in the far less competitive 'hard' division when if I'd played there all along, I would be considerably closer to the 50,000 qualification! The daily award for winning in the hard division also seems to be significantly - around 20% - less than that in the champs div.

This 'Mastery' business seems very arbitrary. Any biffer can collect points in the long run.

#1009870 - Mon Sep 09 2013 09:39 AM Re: Who Am I - "Champion" divison plea [Re: Carti]
AdamM7 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cheshire England UK           
Originally Posted By: Carti
This 'Mastery' business seems very arbitrary. Any biffer can collect points in the long run.

Yes, but it can take you anywhere between 500 and 2500 days (almost 7 years).

I think it shows dedication to play for at least 500 days. That's at least 7500 questions spread over nearly a year and a half.

~(_8(I)

#1009872 - Mon Sep 09 2013 10:20 AM Re: Who Am I - "Champion" divison plea [Re: Chavs]
dsimpy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Belfast Ireland
I don't know how many people have been affected by 'demotion' from the Champs to Hard division in WAI?, but if it's a significant number is there a case for temporarily reducing the number of Champ sets again (from the current 5) to ensure there's decent competition between Champs?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Terry