Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#100582 - Fri May 04 2001 08:09 AM Weight Watchers
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

Loc: San Diego California USA 
In an effort to stem the epidemic of childhood obesity, Weight Watchers International and the American Health Foundation have issued a free brochure entitled "Getting Kids to Eat Well and Be Active," which contains tips and insights on communicating effectively with children about the importance of healthy food and exercise. The booklet offers ways parents can promote healthy habits and discourage unhealthy behaviors in the home by tailoring changes to the child's routine, examining their own eating and exercise habits, bolstering the child's self-esteem, and setting examples. According to Dr. Daniel Nixon, president of the American Health Foundation, said, "Instilling healthy habits can't start early enough, and parents need to remain active in shaping good habits throughout the formative years." The brochure can be downloaded from http://www.WeightWatchers.com

Source: Pulse Direct, Inc. & by United Press International

#100583 - Fri May 04 2001 10:20 AM Re: Weight Watchers
Pling Offline
Mainstay

Cool Jo ......I started doing WW last week and I lost 5lbs and my husband lost 8lbs......we aren't going to classes but following the diet.

So far so good and you can have loads to eat so I never feel hungry.....and whats really cool is if you want chocolate you can have it....!!!You just have to be sensible.....lol

#100584 - Fri May 04 2001 11:55 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Anonymous
No longer registered

So how does this diet work if you have plenty to eat. Is it fat free or low cal, and how does the food taste Pling?
Sensible you say, well that's my middle name I could loose a few lbs.

#100585 - Fri May 04 2001 12:15 PM Re: Weight Watchers
anniedt Offline
Prolific

Loc: Splashing around in the puddle...
How do you know what WW diet is Pling? Do ya have to join? I heard it was expensive. Can't a person learn to eat sensibly on their own? Or does that take more time than we are willing to spend and would rather pay someone else to figure it out for us.
Wooldog, I thought your middle name was Spike. It must change with the topic of the day? Wool Sensible Frankie Spike Dog. Can't wait to see what it will be come Monday.

#100586 - Tue May 08 2001 09:41 AM Re: Weight Watchers
JoJo2 Offline
Star Poster

Loc: San Diego California USA 
Bringing this up for Pling in hopes that she can answer some of the questions that were posted. Thanks in advance for your help Plingy.

#100587 - Tue May 08 2001 07:37 PM Re: Weight Watchers
shabbychic Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: princeton in 47670
hooray for weight watchers my daughter lost 106 lbs on their diet it took her almost a year the only thing you might call expensive is the meeting fees but they are a great support group they teach you how to eat properly and as long as you practice what they teach you, you will keep the weight off as far as the cost of the food it doesn't cost any more then regular food, you just have to be a little more selective. its not like jenny craig or some of these others where you have to buy their products there are a few things you have to be aware of if you have quite a few lbs to lose there are a situations that will arise like the first plateau is after about the first 3 mos, you will quit losing weight and it will seem like forever before you start losing again but it will happen it happened to my daugher 3 times and she almost gave up but thank heavens she didn't there is another thing to do so you don't feel that you are in a state of self denial after the meetings we would go on a pig out and eat anything and everything we wanted that did away with any cravings good luck get a weight watchers cookbook

#100588 - Thu May 10 2001 04:34 PM Re: Weight Watchers
Pling Offline
Mainstay

Hi folks .....well half way through week three and I have lost 10lbs....whoopee.

WW is really just sensible eating ....low fat, lots of fruit and veg. If you are careful what you buy, {check the fat content of products} your grocery bill shouldn't rise. What I love is not being hungry, I still get to eat bread potatoes and even sweet things if I want. The whole system is based on points but after you have done it for a short while you get to know what the point values are for the foods you like.......

Ask away if you have any more questions...

#100589 - Sun Feb 10 2002 08:11 AM Re: Weight Watchers
clarabell Offline
Participant

Loc: Las Vegas, NV
I used to be a councelor for Weight Watchers. It was the only plan that truly helped me lose weight and keep it off.

#100590 - Tue Mar 26 2002 07:51 PM Re: Weight Watchers
johnnyk Offline
Participant

Loc: New York, New York
Dont use Weight Watchers. My friend used it and didnt lose a pound. Now hes on LA weight loss center and lost over 30 pounds.

#100591 - Tue Mar 26 2002 08:24 PM Re: Weight Watchers
LordAndry Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Los Angeles
California USA
Oddly enough, certain things work for certain people.

Remember, don't judge.

What may work for you, may not work for another.

take me...never been on a diet in my life.

that's right, you can all hate me.
and yet, I'm quite slim.
I must have a hollow leg.

actually, I work out (I run a lot).

#100592 - Wed Mar 27 2002 08:21 AM Re: Weight Watchers
LindaC007 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: North Carolina USA
Weight Watcher's Is really good, because it helps to change your eating habits.

You know, all of us know if we need to lose weight--that's obvious, right, but it is easier for some people to lose weight in an atmosphere of support and encouragement.

To all here who are following any weight loss diet, especially your friend's or one you have read about, please remember it might not be right for you, so check first with your health care provider. Lose-but do it in right.
[Smile]

#100593 - Thu Apr 04 2002 07:27 PM Re: Weight Watchers
SilverMoonsong Offline

Loc: Morrisville North Carolina USA
I'm on the Atkins diet. In 11 days I lost 11 pounds. The first 6 pounds were water weight, but it still all adds up.

The thing about diets is you have to want to lose the weight more than you want the food. On the atkins diet, you have a low carbohydrate plan. No other diet has ever worked for me before.

But as someone said above, nothing works for everyone. You have to find a diet that works for you.

Moderator:  ren33, SilverMoonsong