Rules
Terms of Use

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#100799 - Mon Jul 09 2001 11:46 PM Re: Help!!
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
Aw, I thought that you knew that. I live just by a common which is heavily populated by wild rabbits and certainly one out of my three cats is a real hunter. I have never actually seen him do it but in order to bring the rabbits home he has to carry them over a seven foot six inch wall then through two cat flaps.

I suppose he thinks of food and kitchens as that is where I normally feed them... so he brings his 'dinner' home and eats it. Sometimes he just lets it go and I have even found rabbits hiding behind my bookcase! Mice run riot here.... don't think that I have any just now though

Just make sure that you close the door from the lounge Ren, you don't want any nasty surprises in your bedroom!!

#100800 - Mon Jul 09 2001 12:32 PM Re: Help!!
anniedt Offline
Prolific

Loc: Splashing around in the puddle...
It's good to see that you folks are finally utilizing this forum now that JoJo is gone but this is really digusting. Don't you think this is a bit too detailed and slightly off topic? I get the feeling you don't like rabbits very much Sue and Linda. I remember reading some similar things in an old, defunct thread. Do you think you could maybe spare us the details about what your cat drags home? I really don't see any useful tips or tricks here.

#100801 - Mon Jul 09 2001 12:51 PM Re: Help!!
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
Actually it was not me that first mentioned what cats drag in... I merely said that you wouldn't want to see what my cats DO drag in. It is completely on topic, if you had to clean my kitchen floor you would know what I meant.

#100802 - Mon Jul 09 2001 01:09 PM Re: Help!!
anniedt Offline
Prolific

Loc: Splashing around in the puddle...
It wasn't a mere mention Sue, you told details about what the cat drug in. That's what I'm saying.
quote:
Originally posted by sue943:
You really wouldn't want to see what my cat drags in.... then mangles on the kitchen floor. Ren, just make sure that you look where you are walking when you go into my kitchen, there are frequently nasty heaps of mice and rabbit innards!

My dog brought pieces of a cat home once and made a mess out of my back deck, but no one really wants to read these types of details now do they? It could be justified if I explained how to get rid of the cats blood from my deck in this thread about useful tips. But I ended up having to repaint it to get rid of the stains.

#100803 - Mon Jul 09 2001 01:48 PM Re: Help!!
fay_mc Offline
Prolific

Loc: North East England UK
Hey Sue, we used to have wild rabbits around by our house - the cats moved in (with us) and the bunnies obviously moved out.
Shame really, our Cass was never going to be fast enough to catch one - but bird innards make such a mess of one's carpet don't you think?
Does anyone have any useful hints and tips as to what could be used to remove bird guts from shagpile? I really need your help here folks

#100804 - Mon Jul 09 2001 02:16 PM Re: Help!!
Pinhead Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: The Dark Side of the Moon...
Try OxyClean for all sorts of stains. I've found out it seems to be the best rug stain remover I've ever tried, and I've used a lot...(I've got a cupboard full to prove it ) Just recently I've purchased a new degreaser/cleaner called"Krud Remover" at Sam's club. We'll see

Btw, my cat Tank, brought me a present... a dead mouse, in my face, in bed, at 4:30 am. Oh, what a lovely gift!!!LOL

#100805 - Mon Jul 09 2001 02:20 PM Re: Help!!
fay_mc Offline
Prolific

Loc: North East England UK
At least it was dead, not still half alive which is always the worst.
So do you have any other tips on dead catkill disposal?

#100806 - Tue Jul 10 2001 06:20 AM Re: Help!!
BBbulldoggie Offline
Participant

Loc: In the dog house
quote:
Originally posted by fay_mc:
Does anyone have any useful hints and tips as to what could be used to remove bird guts from shagpile?

Should have maybe taken care of this problem immediately. Kind of late now to do anything other than light a match to the affected area. Burn baby burn.

#100807 - Tue Jul 10 2001 07:20 AM Re: Help!!
chelseabelle Offline
Star Poster

Loc: New York USA
Thanks for the tip about OxyClean, Pinhead. Other than in the Club stores, where can you buy it?

#100808 - Tue Jul 10 2001 10:50 PM Re: Help!!
Pinhead Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: The Dark Side of the Moon...
Hi CB. You can try Walmart's, Target, or Walgreens; or

D.D.A.

It's expensive on the net, so check the other places out first. If you still can't find it, let me know.

It's $12.00 + tax for a 6 lb. tub at Sam's, and it would be cheaper for me to send it to you...
Party on...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ren33, SilverMoonsong