Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#1008909 - Thu Sep 05 2013 02:38 AM Funtrivia Down again!
bubbatom1 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Rockhampton QLD Australia    
What's happening with the site? I've had quite a few problems during the last few days getting the funtivia site up and running. Tonight, I've tried to log on and have been told the site cannot be displayed, and one of those was for quite a long time, funtrivia time that is smile I thought it was me but I had a team member tell me she had the same thing happen to her. Since I've been able to log back on it's happened a couple more times. I can understand that these things happen, but can you make them happen when the Yanks are up and running? Terry you might have to start sleeping during the day smile

#1008912 - Thu Sep 05 2013 03:38 AM Re: Funtrivia Down again! [Re: bubbatom1]
rossian Offline
Prolific

Loc: Merseyside UK 
I had the same problem. I checked on one of the 'is it down' sites, and it was definitely a Fun Trivia problem. I agree that it's been a bit erratic over the past few days. I couldn't get a quiz to submit yesterday.

#1008914 - Thu Sep 05 2013 04:18 AM Re: Funtrivia Down again! [Re: bubbatom1]
mehaul Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Florida USA
Here are the two "is it down" sites I keep on my favorites (not) list to check when I have trouble connecting (like this morning):

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
http://isitdown.co.uk

Since they are utility type sites, I hope posting them is okay?
Dale Peters 'Dreaming in the Country' James Gang (1971)

#1008916 - Thu Sep 05 2013 04:43 AM Re: Funtrivia Down again! [Re: bubbatom1]
gtho4 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Sydney oz downunder           
yea, that's fine
there are a few of them out there

They're the two sites I use to when I can't login.

#1008917 - Thu Sep 05 2013 04:49 AM Re: Funtrivia Down again! [Re: bubbatom1]
mdurnanj Offline
Participant

Loc: Florida USA
Several times yesterday I got an error message that I was not authorized to view the pages I was trying to connect to. This included the home page. That was odder than a message about a server not responding.

#1008921 - Thu Sep 05 2013 05:23 AM Re: Funtrivia Down again! [Re: mdurnanj]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Originally Posted By: mdurnanj
Several times yesterday I got an error message that I was not authorized to view the pages I was trying to connect to. This included the home page. That was odder than a message about a server not responding.

This is a security mechanism on the site. Someone on your IP address (likely the person who had it assigned before you) has submitted something the server didn't like (possible hacking attempt). When this happens, the address gets blocked to prevent damage. Unfortunately, with dynamic connections, this sometimes means that a legitimate user gets blocked for the actions of someone else.

#1008922 - Thu Sep 05 2013 05:42 AM Re: Funtrivia Down again! [Re: bubbatom1]
strudi74 Offline
Participant

Loc: Bloemfontein South Africa     
I had two connection errors this morning (just after midnight US time), the first one left me unable to submit my Knockout game. When it did reconnect I was left with a 200+ second time that's going to hurt my chances. That's life though....
It did feel like a server reset as it was only for a few minutes at a time, definitely not on my side. Anyone else have that?

#1008967 - Thu Sep 05 2013 09:39 AM Re: Funtrivia Down again! [Re: bubbatom1]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Looks like our ISP had about a 3 hour period last night where they were upgrading their firewalls, which resulted in problems with the website (in fact, all the websites they host). Quite irritating.

Everything has been fine other than that though, so not sure about what problems "over the last few days" could be.

#1009005 - Thu Sep 05 2013 01:01 PM Re: Funtrivia Down again! [Re: bubbatom1]
eyhung Offline
Explorer

Loc: California USA
I would like to apologize in advance to everyone who picked me in the KO Fantasy game this week, as I played my game around midnight US time and then could not submit my answers for several minutes because the site was down.

Moderator:  Terry