Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#1009063 - Thu Sep 05 2013 05:28 PM Category Editors Listed
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
When you enter a main category in Quizzyland, you see a list of all the editors in that category. When you choose different subcategories, you see the same list.

However, sometimes, not every editor will edit anywhere in the category. For instance, one might write a quiz about Buffy the Vampire Slayer, ask an editor a question, and discover that only a specific editor edits that specific subcategory.

To avoid this, is it at all possible to make every subcategory list only those who edit there? So we know who we may direct our questions to a little more accurately?

And perhaps, the reason this isn't done is because it is an understandably large project. But if someone is able to do that and is willing, I would be happy! laugh

#1009064 - Thu Sep 05 2013 06:09 PM Re: Category Editors Listed [Re: salami_swami]
guitargoddess Online   FT-cool

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
I really don't think that would be feasible. There aren't all that many (that I can think of anyway) subcategories where the category's editors absolutely won't edit those quizzes; certainly we may tend to leave certain subcategories to one or two persons but it's not set in stone. It's usually more for subject matter expertise/factual checking, so asking a different editor about what's allowed in the category should usually still be ok.

One case where this may be useful is the split between Books for Kids and the rest of For Children.

#1009073 - Thu Sep 05 2013 06:35 PM Re: Category Editors Listed [Re: salami_swami]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
That's the main part I was thinking, with For Children.

I though perhaps TV and Movies and Lit would perhaps be similar.

But if not, oh well. It was only a thought. wink

Thanks, GG.

#1009076 - Thu Sep 05 2013 06:39 PM Re: Category Editors Listed [Re: salami_swami]
spanishliz Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
Movies is pretty much wide open. When the Harry Potters were coming out one editor (usually the first one to see the movie) would take on all of the quizzes, mainly to guard against too much repetition. That hasn't happened for some time though.

#1009079 - Thu Sep 05 2013 06:59 PM Re: Category Editors Listed [Re: salami_swami]
guitargoddess Online   FT-cool

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
In TV we have certain areas we're more comfortable in but no clear divisions of "ONLY Editor X will edit these quizzes, all the time". The closest we come to that usually we'll leave soap opera quizzes to Gamemaster as she's a soap fan and has the most knowledge on them, but that's not to say the rest of us would never touch one.

#1009081 - Thu Sep 05 2013 07:02 PM Re: Category Editors Listed [Re: salami_swami]
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
GG is right - the only category with a clear division is FC. I'll take a look later and see if it's possible to split the names up, but from what I remember the last time I made a change there, it isn't.

Moderator:  agony, gtho4