Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#101063 - Sun Dec 30 2001 10:28 AM Efferdent
gillyharold Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Michigan USA
Clean a toilet bowl.
Drop several Efferdent tablets into the toilet bowl, scrub, and flush.

Polish diamonds.
Drop one Efferdent tablet in a glass of water and immerse diamonds for two minutes.

Clean a Thermos bottle.
Fill the bottle with water, drop in three Efferdent tablets, and let it soak for an hour or longer if necessary.

Unclog a sink.
Drop several Efferdent tablets into the sink and let it sit overnight.

Clean a vase.
To remove a stain from the bottom of a glass vase or cruet, fill with water and drop in one Efferdent tablet.

Clean hubcaps.
Drop one Efferdent tablet into a glass of water, use a cloth to apply the fizzing solution to the hubcabs, and wash clean with water.

#101064 - Wed Jan 02 2002 10:04 AM Re: Efferdent
Lanni Offline
Prolific

Loc: Brooklyn New York USA  
I can't believe it works!

I wrote a post about Thermos problems some time ago because no matter what I did, I couldn't rid my Thermos from the lingering stench of spoiled orange juice. I eventually gave up and brought a new Thermos, but have not yet gotten rid of my old one because I use it to water plants with.
When I first read this post, I decided to try it out of boredom. I went to a pharmacy, brought a box of Efferdent (the whole neighborhood probably thinks I have false teeth now ) and put some in. I forgot about it and just a few minutes ago, I accidentally watered my plant with the water (it’s not bad, they are smelling mighty minty fresh now).
When I washed out the Thermos, there is no stench! I'm probably still not going to use it, but I'm happy nevertheless. Now I just gotta figure out what to do with the rest of the box.
Thank you!

#101065 - Wed Jan 02 2002 10:29 AM Re: Efferdent
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Loc: California USA
I don't have any similar product here, but is it the baking soda that works? We'd put baking soda in our Thermos bottles to get out that telltale flavor.

Lanni, don't clean any hubcaps with the rest of the box, last time I did that with a brush, they stole them!

#101066 - Thu Jan 03 2002 12:56 AM Re: Efferdent
Lanni Offline
Prolific

Loc: Brooklyn New York USA  
I tried baking soda among other things before, but they didn't work. I wasn't really expecting the Efferdent to work either; I was so bored so I tried. It is good. The rotten stench is gone and minty smell faint and going away. As I said, I'm not going to drink out of it and my plants probably didn't mind the smell, but I'm happy nevertheless.

#101067 - Wed Jan 02 2002 03:04 PM Re: Efferdent
FallAir Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Denver Colorado USA          
Wow I never thought efferdent could be so versatile. It would seem weird to be buying it though. False teeth at 22 man that would be bad. But hey I think I might go buy a box just to have around in case I need something cleaned or unclogged.
Oh and by the way how did you find out about these uses Gilly?? Bored one day and just happened to have efferdent lying around and figured you go on a cleaning binge???

#101068 - Wed Jan 02 2002 07:21 PM Re: Efferdent
gillyharold Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Michigan USA
Haven't reached that point yet Fall air. Still have of mouthful of all the orginals.

Moderator:  ren33, SilverMoonsong