Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#101070 - Sun Jan 06 2002 12:57 AM Odor Busters
gillyharold Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Michigan USA
1. If you have plastic bowls or dishes that smell simply make of paste of baking soda and water and rub all over the surface. Let set overnight then rinse well.
2. If the sink in your kitchen or bathroom smells, give this a try: put in 1/2 cup baking soda and then follow with 1 cup of cheap household vinegar. Let it foam and bubble, then follow by running cold water for at least 30 seconds or longer. If there is a sink that is seldom used, pour in some plain old vinegar to kill the bacteria that causes the bad smell.

3. If your cutting board smells from onions, garlic or even fish, pour on a little vinegar, wipe, rinse, and the odor should be gone. If your hands have also absorbed the odor, rub them together with vinegar and rinse. You can also use mouthwash or toothpaste as deodorizer.

#101071 - Sat Jan 05 2002 08:37 PM Re: Odor Busters
Linda1 Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Munchkinland
Do you happen to have any hints for a cat's litterbox? That's what I really need help with right now!

#101072 - Sat Jan 05 2002 10:49 PM Re: Odor Busters
gillyharold Offline
Forum Champion

Try using the clumping type litter Linda, we use the tidy cat scoopable kind and it works great. You might want to try a litter box with a cover and the charcoal filter pad in the top of the cover. We live in an apartment and we have absoutley no ordor whatsoever.

We only have one now but we had 4 at one time and 3 of them were showcats and there was no odor at all, I swear by the clumping litter, then again you coud try training them to use the human john lol.

#101073 - Wed Jan 09 2002 11:54 AM Re: Odor Busters
LindaC007 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: North Carolina USA
GillyH, How you doing today? What do you think will remove odors from a microwave, say the smell of exploded fish? Thanks!!

#101074 - Thu Jan 10 2002 12:52 AM Re: Odor Busters
gillyharold Offline
Forum Champion

Buy a new microwave andthat should take care of the odor problem just fine Linda LOL.

#101075 - Wed Jan 09 2002 01:34 PM Re: Odor Busters
Linda1 Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Munchkinland
LOL! Sounds like the best idea to me, GH!

Linda, should we even ask about that exploding fish? I've, uhhh, heard of salmon and catfish and bass and lots of other fish. But, the exploding variety doesn't appear to be native to my area!

And, by the way, I think it's great that we now have two Lindas who love Oz! People are going to suspect that we're one in the same, but I can assure everyone that we're not. Just two very intelligent Lindas who know a good movie when we see one!

#101076 - Thu Jan 10 2002 09:10 AM Re: Odor Busters
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Loc: California USA
Thanks for the cat litter thing, but I have seen a cat use a potty on TV once or twice. Wonder how they teach him.
Poor Sly got shut into my kid's room by accident for five hours, and he finally gave up and peed on her bed, then he went around and took off the thumbtacks from all the posters!

I'm wondering how to get Sylvester to stop kicking up such a storm when he goes into his "maison de propreté" as they call it here, with a roof and all. Whenever he goes in there he just raises a ruckus! Then he bats the hinge with his paws, creak creak creak! Do you think I should offer him some reading material?

Linda and Linda the day that Jazz and profchallenger tell us they are the same person then you can tell us!

Now about this exploding fish, did anyone mention the power of lemons around here? You'll note that I didn't ask any questions...though I'm dying to know!
Microwave? I thought that was the poodle!

#101077 - Thu Jan 10 2002 02:45 PM Re: Odor Busters
gillyharold Offline
Forum Champion

Most definetly leave reading material for the big guy, we leave magazines on top of the litter box for montgomery and evry thing seems to go very well in there.

Have you seen the ads for the new litter box with the motorized scoop, they only cost about $160.00, heck of a deal.

Moderator:  ren33, SilverMoonsong