Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#1011723 - Sun Sep 22 2013 07:30 AM 2013 Emmys tonight
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Bronx
New York USA     
Anyone else disappointed that it's heavily cable show, and especially pay extra movie channel shows, dominating the nominees?

The regular shows on CBS, NBC, Fox and ABC don’t stand a chance against the cable shows that can be freer to use content not allowed on those channels.

This is not to say that free of the rules the big 4 have to abide by that these shows aren’t better for it. But as I have said in the past, there needs to be separation between the cable and non-cable awards due to the content cable shows, especially those on the pay extra movie channels, are allowed.

The actors/actresses and everyone that works on the big 4 shows should be able to be recognized on a level playing field.

Edited by BxBarracuda (Sun Sep 22 2013 07:31 AM)

#1011833 - Sun Sep 22 2013 09:42 PM Re: 2013 Emmys tonight [Re: BxBarracuda]
MiraJane Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
I think cable and non cable shows were separated at one time. I don't watch the Emmys often but I was too lazy to change the channel tonight.

And, yes, it is a disappointment that so many of the drama show awards were for cable only shows. It means that the average viewer doesn't get a chance to watch the shows.

Yay for Derek Hough though! Given how the large majority of nominees were all from another show, it seemed like he wouldn't win.

#1012038 - Tue Sep 24 2013 04:47 AM Re: 2013 Emmys tonight [Re: BxBarracuda]
BxBarracuda Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Bronx
New York USA     
When there weren't as many cable shows I think they had the ACE awards for only cable shows.

Moderator:  ladymacb29, SilverMoonsong