Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#999979 - Fri Aug 02 2013 08:31 AM Editing after submission
debodun Offline
Participant

Loc: New York USA
If I edit a quiz after submitting it, does that effect the quiz's position in the queue?

#999980 - Fri Aug 02 2013 08:33 AM Re: Editing after submission [Re: debodun]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
Yes, your quiz will have the timestamp of the new save, putting your time waited back to 0.00 days.

#1000001 - Fri Aug 02 2013 09:16 AM Re: Editing after submission [Re: debodun]
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
If the problem you want to edit to fix is big enough that it will result in the quiz being returned to you, then it still may be faster to make this choice. If it's something small that the editor may well take care of for you, then not. Or, if you're pretty sure the quiz won't go straight online anyway, there's no point in doing the edit.

#1008334 - Mon Sep 02 2013 01:58 PM Re: Editing after submission [Re: debodun]
nautilator Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Does the time reset apply to pressing the edit button so you can view your quiz, or the save changes button in the editing screen?

#1008341 - Mon Sep 02 2013 02:15 PM Re: Editing after submission [Re: nautilator]
kyleisalive Online   FT-cool
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Originally Posted By: nautilator
Does the time reset apply to pressing the edit button so you can view your quiz, or the save changes button in the editing screen?

The latter.

Keep in mind, however, that entering your quiz for any reason will cause a note to appear at the top indicating that you could be making changes, and an editor will not work on the quiz during that time so as to avoid overwriting any alterations.

#1008363 - Mon Sep 02 2013 03:46 PM Re: Editing after submission [Re: debodun]
bloomsby Offline

Loc: Norwich England UK            
A plea and a word of advice ... Please don't fiddle around obsessively with a quiz after submission. There have been occasions when I've been unable to edit a quiz because the author spent 2-3 hours or more busily trying to improve a quiz in the queue.

Editor, History and People

#1016553 - Sat Oct 19 2013 05:01 AM Re: Editing after submission [Re: debodun]
sisterseagull Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Torquay Devon England UK      
Just a very quick question regarding submitted quizzes.

The opening page of 'Author Central' gives the player a summary of the quizzes that they have submitted and a separate list of those that are being worked on but not yet submitted. I had a look this morning as I have currently got three quizzes awaiting acceptance (or correction!). Of the three quizzes the word 'edit' at the end of the title is in blue text in one (the quiz that has been submitted for the longest time) but is coloured black in the other two.

Is there any significance in this? Does the 'blue' edit mean that an editor is currently working on it? I understand that once we have submitted a quiz, the editors prefer it to be left alone. If this is the case, how are we expected to know that our quiz is currently being edited?

Many thanks!

#1016563 - Sat Oct 19 2013 08:22 AM Re: Editing after submission [Re: debodun]
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
Huh. Someone else will have to answer this, as I haven't a clue what the significance is, if any.

I can tell you that if you enter the quiz and someone else has been in the edit screen within the last twenty minutes or so, there will be a note at the very top of your screen.

#1016571 - Sat Oct 19 2013 10:21 AM Re: Editing after submission [Re: debodun]
TimBentley Offline
Explorer

Loc: Indiana USA
The black link (in my browser they're purple) means that you've gone to that page recently, while a blue link means you haven't.

#1016581 - Sat Oct 19 2013 01:34 PM Re: Editing after submission [Re: debodun]
sisterseagull Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Torquay Devon England UK      
Jolly good... No significance whatsoever!

Thanks for that, Mr Bentley

Moderator:  agony, gtho4