Rules
Terms of Use

Page 64 of 121 < 1 2 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 120 121 >
Topic Options
#1016551 - Sat Oct 19 2013 04:42 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill VictoriaAustralia
Ya got me. smile

#1016557 - Sat Oct 19 2013 06:37 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Chavs Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ireland
Arggggh, Doh!

#1016564 - Sat Oct 19 2013 08:35 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Dang you Wes. Lol

Editor: Video Games, Entertainment

#1016569 - Sat Oct 19 2013 09:28 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
postcards2go Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York City
*note to self, don't click on Wesley's links tongue*

#1016869 - Tue Oct 22 2013 12:10 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
joecali Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Cali Colombia
Cosmic brain it's a brutal challenge. Take 11 years playing all days and win 10 brains every day...

#1016870 - Tue Oct 22 2013 12:14 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
joecali Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Cali Colombia

#1016997 - Tue Oct 22 2013 05:03 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Added mini "Halloween 2013". It is not yet active though.

#1016999 - Tue Oct 22 2013 05:32 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Ooh, interesting. Maybe to become a new series of limited edition badgelets? A possibility for tons more to earn. laugh

Editor: Video Games, Entertainment

#1017011 - Tue Oct 22 2013 07:54 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
sb22705 Offline
Participant

An exclusive event is what the preliminary info on the badgelet says!! Can't wait to see what is in store for this.

#1017086 - Wed Oct 23 2013 08:49 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: postcards2go]
shuehorn Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Lawrenceville GeorgiaUSA
Originally Posted By: postcards2go
*note to self, don't click on Wesley's links tongue*

Especially at work during a boring conference call when you have forgotten to put your phone on mute...

#1017129 - Wed Oct 23 2013 02:40 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
MikeMaster99 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Melbourne VICAustralia
That's priceless, Sue! (and yes, I fell for it too - but at least no-one else was around at the time)

#1017304 - Thu Oct 24 2013 08:50 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
portgleep Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: NYC NewYorkUSA
Could we add another badge in the New Question game? Or at least badgelet. The reason I say this is that as I'm sure you're aware of, the wait times for single questions to be played has been incredibly long recently (I've a question that was accepted on September 12th that still hasn't been played, for instance).

Here are some suggestions:
1. A badge going to the winner across all sets
2. Another minibadge for having rated some higher amount of questions, maybe 5,000
3. A monthly badge for the New Question game, similar to other hourlies

Apart from the long waiting times, I think the New Question game deserves more players just for being such a unique game - the only game where literally no one has seen the questions before.

Oh, P.S. Apart from the badges, if you added the New Question game to the "Games" dropdown menu at the top of the website, we might see slightly increased playing rates.

EDIT - 2 more suggestions:
1. Have a Level Perk where players can play an extra New Question game each week (similar to the Monster Quiz.) They would, of course, be assigned a set they hadn't played previously.
2. Increase the number of points gained from rating questions

Edited by portgleep (Thu Oct 24 2013 08:53 PM)

#1017315 - Thu Oct 24 2013 10:02 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
MiraJane Offline
Prolific

Loc: New York USA
Re: New Question Perk

I like this idea. And I think it is worthy of being a new topic in the Forums so more people can weigh in on it.

#1017335 - Fri Oct 25 2013 02:09 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
pmarney Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Norfolk EnglandUK
I thought the points for NQG were added to My Ranks & Stats in preparation for a points badge last year?

#1017336 - Fri Oct 25 2013 02:11 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: portgleep]
AdamM7 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cheshire EnglandUK
Originally Posted By: portgleep
Oh, P.S. Apart from the badges, if you added the New Question game to the "Games" dropdown menu at the top of the website, we might see slightly increased playing rates.

I definitely like that - more convenient for those who already play every day and might raise awareness for those who haven't stumbled across it or forgot about it.

~(_8(I)

#1017346 - Fri Oct 25 2013 04:38 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: portgleep]
Julia103 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Baltimore MarylandUSA

Yes, this would be very nice. On days when I want to play all the games I work my way down the dropdown instead of using the homepage. It seems weird that this one isn't on it.

Have a Level Perk where players can play an extra New Question game each week (similar to the Monster Quiz.) They would, of course, be assigned a set they hadn't played previously.

I like this suggestion too.

#1017534 - Sat Oct 26 2013 09:12 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
portgleep Offline
Forum Adept

Oh, one more suggestion - if one or two Daily Challenges relating to the New Question Game were released, they might get more people playing the game. (The challenges could have to do with achieving a certain score, or rating all the questions, or a combination of the two.)

Something should be definitely done to increase NQG plays - every day, only about half as many people play it as do the Daily Game, so the question is just how to get people who play the Daily Game but not NQG to play both. The more NQG plays, the shorter QQ wait times. (And of course, shorter wait times would certainly encourage authors to write more questions!)

#1017540 - Sat Oct 26 2013 10:08 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
There are a few Daily Challenges relating to New Question Game. An easy one asking you to play it, a Medium (and perhaps Difficult) asking you to get a certain score on it. Then there's another Medium that says "Beat a previous score on X" where X is either a daily or hourly game, and one possible choice for X is New Question Game.

#1017579 - Sat Oct 26 2013 02:00 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
portgleep Offline
Forum Adept

Ah! I'm glad to hear that. Well then, I take back that last suggestion - but I'd still urge the admins to consider some of my previous suggestions!

#1017643 - Sun Oct 27 2013 12:04 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Midget40 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Perth WesternAustralia
Badges for rating questions has been discussed before and most people, particularly the authors, are wary of having people just rating questions in a hurry to get a badge without really bothering to read the question as a whole.

From talking to people my overall impression is a lot of people just don't like the game - mainly because the questions haven't been rated yet and there are a fair few very mediocre questions or questions that are accepted that aren't allowed in normal quizzes.

I personally play it every day and rate them all but I don't particularly enjoy the game itself. I play because i submit questions to it which I want others to rate so feel i should do my bit for them.

Maybe the answer is in the authors not the players - authors that are going for more badges will play it a lot more frequantly themselves 1. to help others and 2. to try and speed the queue up (which is a huge problem).

I personally have always though a badge for authours with a number of questions rated over 3 (with no correct percentage applied) deserve some reward.

One of my main issues with the game is that it is actually marked on a first question sighting. A truly great trivia question has great marks on the SECOND playing which shows that the question actually taught people something that they have retained.

There are some great questions out there that don't get the play in the normal games because it was something people didn't know the first time they played it

#1017653 - Sun Oct 27 2013 01:33 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
nautilator Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
How about a triplet badgelet for any three people who manage the exact same score in a non-Easy hourly game?

#1017657 - Sun Oct 27 2013 01:39 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: nautilator]
AdamM7 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Cheshire EnglandUK
Originally Posted By: nautilator
How about a triplet badgelet for any three people who manage the exact same score in a non-Easy hourly game?

Maybe, but it would have to be a score over x - otherwise you would get 3 people scoring 0 and winning it easily.

~(_8(I)

#1017692 - Sun Oct 27 2013 10:58 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
HairyBear Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Florida USA
"Added mini "Halloween 2013". It is not yet active though."

There's a line on the challenge page that says, "talk to your friends and team you shall," or words to that effect. Does that mean you can discuss and solve the puzzle with your teammates? And does that also mean the badge will go to the teammates, not just to the person who solves it first? Or does that mean JUST the puzzle on the challenge page itself, not the actual whatever it is (treasure hunt, quiz, series of quizzes) that you can discuss with your team?

I think it's a great idea to have a puzzle you can solve as a team, but I see a problem... if someone from a team that hasn't solved it sees a team with open enrollment has solved the puzzle, s/he can jump over to that team, read their message board, then go back to the previous team and fill the rest of them in. Acceptable risk?

#1017694 - Sun Oct 27 2013 11:56 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
CmdrK Offline
Prolific

Loc: NevadaUSA
We may have to wait for more to be revealed but chances are it means either the people of an FT team you belong to or a casual group of people put together for a certain task, like the quiz races or the Three Keys badge.

Edited to add that I misunderstood your question, HairyBear. That might be an issue or not, especially if its two or three people in a 'team' who communicate by PM.

Edited by CmdrK (Sun Oct 27 2013 11:58 AM)

#1017695 - Sun Oct 27 2013 11:56 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: HairyBear]
alexis722 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Connecticut USA
Just had a gander at the Halloween 2013 badge challenge. Is it possible to make the font size a wee bit larger. I printed it out, but even with a magnifying glass have trouble reading it and separating the words.

Page 64 of 121 < 1 2 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 120 121 >

Moderator:  Terry