wwe84 Online   content
Champion Poster

Loc: New South Wales Australia
During the match The Undertaker ended up having a severe concussion

#1040899 - Tue Apr 08 2014 05:21 AM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
Dalgleish Offline
Prolific

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
I reckon the reaction of the crowd when Lesnar got the pin was one of the greatest things I've seen in WWE in years!

#1040964 - Tue Apr 08 2014 01:04 PM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
wwe84 Online   content
Champion Poster

The best crowd reaction was the black guy in the yes shirt

#1040981 - Tue Apr 08 2014 10:25 PM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
Anton Offline
Mainstay

Loc: California USA
Originally Posted By: dg_dave
Originally Posted By: wwe84
Match 5: Brock Lesnar Beat The Undertaker to end the streak

Even more reason to not like Lesnar...

Originally Posted By: deputygary
Match 5: Brock Lesnar Beat The Undertaker to end the streak

So you have a superstar and you've crafted a 21-0 WrestleMania record for him. Then rather than let him retire with the record intact you have him get beat by a guy who never actually wrestles. Brilliant story line, WWE!

Bunch of dopes.

Do either of you realize that it was Taker's decision to end the streak? His decision to have Lesnar do it? It had nothing to do with McMahon or his booking team.

#1040992 - Wed Apr 09 2014 12:54 AM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
Dalgleish Offline
Prolific

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Very sad news today with the passing of the Ultimate Warrior, Jim Hellwig. Only a couple of days after being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, Warrior collapsed and died outside of his hotel in Arizona.

RIP Ultimate Warrior.

#1040999 - Wed Apr 09 2014 01:58 AM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
wwe84 Online   content
Champion Poster

I didn't believe it at first i was on Twitter when Triple H broke the news on his Twitter account

#1041239 - Thu Apr 10 2014 12:51 PM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
nasty_liar Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Sheffield
Yorkshire UK
Another very average mania.

I have figured for the past few years that Undertaker held all the cards when it came to his streak, he really didn't have to do anything he didn't want to do. So that meant that the streak would end when he decided it was time. I also think that he does not possess the ego of some of his peers and simply loves the business, this means that he would always have wanted to put someone over to end the streak and not simply retire without it being beaten.

Not enough build up though, this deserved more story to it.

#1041250 - Thu Apr 10 2014 02:41 PM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
Anton Offline
Mainstay

Loc: California USA
Originally Posted By: nasty_liar

I have figured for the past few years that Undertaker held all the cards when it came to his streak, he really didn't have to do anything he didn't want to do. So that meant that the streak would end when he decided it was time. I also think that he does not possess the ego of some of his peers and simply loves the business, this means that he would always have wanted to put someone over to end the streak and not simply retire without it being beaten.

Undertaker, as the story goes, wanted to end the streak years ago. He wanted Orton to do it, but Randy refused. A few years ago, Taker pushed to have Lesnar do it, but Brock was still under contract with UFC. Then Shawn refused. Hunter, contrary to his reputation, refused. I'm pretty sure Cena was offered it this year and refused too. The problem with being Undertaker is too much respect. Nobody wanted to be THAT guy. But, Taker wanted the streak to end because he is old school. Like you said, he wants to put someone over before retiring. With no big names believable enough to do it, that only left Brock Lesnar, since there might not be an Undertaker next year to have a match with the rumored soon be WWE wrestler, Sting.

I get the hate for Lesnar since he obviously does not care about the business like Hunter or Cena do, but what choice was there?

#1041273 - Thu Apr 10 2014 06:45 PM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
wwe84 Online   content
Champion Poster

Originally Posted By: AntonLaVey

Undertaker, as the story goes, wanted to end the streak years ago. He wanted Orton to do it, but Randy refused. A few years ago, Taker pushed to have Lesnar do it, but Brock was still under contract with UFC. Then Shawn refused. Hunter, contrary to his reputation, refused. I'm pretty sure Cena was offered it this year and refused too. The problem with being Undertaker is too much respect. Nobody wanted to be THAT guy. But, Taker wanted the streak to end because he is old school. Like you said, he wants to put someone over before retiring. With no big names believable enough to do it, that only left Brock Lesnar, since there might not be an Undertaker next year to have a match with the rumored soon be WWE wrestler, Sting.

I get the hate for Lesnar since he obviously does not care about the business like Hunter or Cena do, but what choice was there?

It just came out today that Chad Patton the referee for the The Undertaker-Brock Lesnar wasn't told about the finish to the match before hand he was told The Undertaker was winnig he only found out when he hand went down for the 3 count

The only people knew that the streak was ending was Vince McMahon,The Undertaker,Brock Lesnar,Paul Heyman & maybe Stephanie McMahon & Triple H

As of today Sting has signed with the WWE

Edited by wwe84 (Thu Apr 10 2014 06:47 PM)

#1041274 - Thu Apr 10 2014 06:50 PM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
wwe84 Online   content
Champion Poster

I guess my WWF/WWE Pay Per View Chronology quizzes ended on last Sunday because as of today they will not be called Pay Per Views anynore they will be Special Events

#1041284 - Thu Apr 10 2014 09:09 PM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
dg_dave Online   sleepy
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA  
That doesn't mean you can't still create quizzes for them...

#1041498 - Sat Apr 12 2014 02:08 AM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
nasty_liar Offline
Enthusiast

Yorkshire UK
Originally Posted By: AntonLaVey

I agree, doesn't mean I like it one bit but I understand it. Like you say Lesnar not only doesn't care about the business but he is part time and isn't necessarily going to be there much longer.

A few fans that I have read comments from over the last few years always said it should be someone up and coming, but how do you saddle someone with that who is not fully established? A few guys said he should retire undefeated at Wrestlemania, well I always thought he would want to put someone over. Personally, I assumed for the last couple years that it would be Cena so that's why I was flabbergasted when it happened! I actually think it was a hell of a moment, WWE is often too predictable and this sure wasn't!

At least Brock is a) a big star, b). A legit tough guy and c) a huge heel so this heat only helps get him over even more as a monster heel so that someone is going to get a huge rub when they beat him down the line.

#1041915 - Mon Apr 14 2014 09:59 PM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
wwe84 Online   content
Champion Poster

WWE Extreme Rules May 4th 2014

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Extreme Rules Match: Daniel Bryan(c) vs Kane

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Big E(c) vs Bad News Barrett

WWE Divas Championship: Paige(c) vs Tamina Snuka

Evolution vs The Shield

Steel Cage Match: John Cena vs Bray Wyatt

Handicap Match: Alexander Rusev vs R-Truth & Xavier Woods

Triple Threat Elimination Match: Cesaro vs Rob Van Dam vs Jack Swagger

Kickoff Match weeLC Match: El Torito vs Hornswoggle

Edited by wwe84 (Mon Apr 28 2014 11:47 PM)

#1042005 - Tue Apr 15 2014 07:02 AM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
nasty_liar Offline
Enthusiast

Yorkshire UK

So Cena sets up this match by taunting Wyatt and asking him how he will manage without his cronies helping in a steel cage. Why does Cena even care? He already beat the guy even with the other two trying to interfere!

This would have made so much more sense if Wyatt had actually won the Mania match with the assistance of the other two.

I'm hoping for evolution vs the shield at extreme rules.

#1042039 - Tue Apr 15 2014 09:57 AM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
wwe84 Online   content
Champion Poster

So Cena sets up this match by taunting Wyatt and asking him how he will manage without his cronies helping in a steel cage. Why does Cena even care? He already beat the guy even with the other two trying to interfere!

This would have made so much more sense if Wyatt had actually won the Mania match with the assistance of the other two.

I'm hoping for evolution vs the shield at extreme rules.

I want War Games for Evolution vs The Shield

#1043409 - Sat Apr 26 2014 06:07 AM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
runaway_drive Offline
Participant

Loc: Greater Manchester England UK

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Daniel Bryan(c) vs Kane

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Big E(c) vs Bad News Barrett/Rob Van Dam

Evolution vs The Shield

Looks like a fantastic card. The build-up for DB vs Kane was great, making Kane look unrelentless. They need to bring blood back, even if it is just for this PPV and no others. It's 10x more extreme when one competitor has a crimson mask.

Hopefully BNB wins the finals next week and wins the IC title. I liked Big E at first, but he needs to increase the amount of moves in his arsenal for me.

Paige needs to be stop made looking weak and they need to give this match time. Maybe AJ comes back and turns on Tamina, turning babyface in the process? Who knows with the Divas division...

Evolution vs Shield will be good, but HHH and Batista have to bring their best to make it compelling. If its anything like Wyatts vs Shield, it will be awesome.

I hate Steel Cage matches. They are one of the worst gimmick matches in my opinion (along with a strap match *cringes*), because they limit what they can do in the ring. I want Wyatt to win, but SuperCena will probably put Wyatt through the canvas or something and get thousands of screams from two-year olds.

The Rusev match is destined to be shocking. Enough with the squash matches, it helps no one. Rusev will probably be in a tag team with Santino in 2-3 months.

#1043416 - Sat Apr 26 2014 08:17 AM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
nasty_liar Offline
Enthusiast

Yorkshire UK
Hope Daniel Bryan doesn't become the World Champion that never main events much like CM Punk was during 2012. Let's face it Daniel Bryan vs Kane is not going to main event this PPV. It's not even a match I want to see, WWE missed a trick with their storyline too. Having been Hell No the two should have been at odds right from after Summerslam so that their animosity could be kept in the forefront of everyone's mind and build for this future clash (which was always going to happen at some point after Hell No parted company). But no surprise these days with the poor storytelling. The other thing that this match represents is a very obvious defence for Daniel Bryan. There's simply no way Kane will be winning here, so no anticipation to watch.

I already mentioned what I hate about this feud between the wyatts and Cena. On Monday night Cena was about to beat all three members of the Wyatt family until they interfered! Ridiculous, and I almost wonder if McMahon is trolling the fans. "Ah you vote for my boy Cena to go 1 vs 3 do you? Want to see him lose eh? Ha, this is what you get for that!"

I want to see the profile of the Intercontinental belt raised now that the World title is combined. This number one contenders tournament is a start but you still have Big E doing absolutely nothing! The Intercontinental champion should be in feuds... Interesting feuds! They should get mic time! On Raw! Not just on the lesser shows. Let's hope that starts to happen again and with the US title too. Next year perhaps they can even be defended on Wrestlemania!

I'm loving Paige winning the women's title. Not sure what you mean about her looking weak, we'll see how weak she looks when we see whether she gets a pinfall victory over Tamina.

Finally, I think Shield vs Evolution is a made match no matter the in ring quality (which isn't as important as all the internet fans think - me included) you need big moments, big stories and big characters to make wrestling good. Yeah it's nice to have good workers too, but that's not the be all or end all or we'd all be watching Ring of Honor.

Edited by nasty_liar (Sat Apr 26 2014 08:18 AM)

#1043419 - Sat Apr 26 2014 08:53 AM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
wwe84 Online   content
Champion Poster

Originally Posted By: runaway_drive

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Daniel Bryan(c) vs Kane

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Big E(c) vs Bad News Barrett/Rob Van Dam

Evolution vs The Shield

Looks like a fantastic card. The build-up for DB vs Kane was great, making Kane look unrelentless. They need to bring blood back, even if it is just for this PPV and no others. It's 10x more extreme when one competitor has a crimson mask.

Hopefully BNB wins the finals next week and wins the IC title. I liked Big E at first, but he needs to increase the amount of moves in his arsenal for me.

Paige needs to be stop made looking weak and they need to give this match time. Maybe AJ comes back and turns on Tamina, turning babyface in the process? Who knows with the Divas division...

Evolution vs Shield will be good, but HHH and Batista have to bring their best to make it compelling. If its anything like Wyatts vs Shield, it will be awesome.

I hate Steel Cage matches. They are one of the worst gimmick matches in my opinion (along with a strap match *cringes*), because they limit what they can do in the ring. I want Wyatt to win, but SuperCena will probably put Wyatt through the canvas or something and get thousands of screams from two-year olds.

The Rusev match is destined to be shocking. Enough with the squash matches, it helps no one. Rusev will probably be in a tag team with Santino in 2-3 months.

I hope Bad News Barrett wins the tournament final over RVD & win the IC Title.

I want Paige vs Tamina to be good & have time on the pay per view i don't think AJ will return til maybe Payback or Money In The Bank depends on if see marries CM Punk then she won't be back for a few months

Evolution vs The Shield needs to be No Holds Barred they can't do War Games cause the arena is too small i read online if they want to do War Games they have to do it at Battleground in July casue the arena they booked is big enough for 2 rings.

They have to book Bray Wyatt over John Cena, Bray is the best thing going right now in terms of his character & his amazing promos

The best part of Rusev is Lana that is all

Edited by wwe84 (Sat Apr 26 2014 08:19 PM)

#1043481 - Sat Apr 26 2014 02:18 PM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
runaway_drive Offline
Participant

I wholeheartedly agree with your comment on Lana.

#1043506 - Sat Apr 26 2014 10:55 PM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
wwe84 Online   content
Champion Poster

UFC 172 Results April 26th 2014

UFC Light Heavyweight Championship: Jon Jones(c) Beat Glover Teixeira to retain the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship

Light Heavyweight Bout: Anthony Johnson Beat Phil Davis

Middleweight Bout: Luke Rockhold Beat Tim Boetsch

Lightweight Bout: Jim Miller Beat Bobby Green

Featherweight Bout: Max Holloway Beat Andre Fili

#1043507 - Sat Apr 26 2014 11:05 PM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
wwe84 Online   content
Champion Poster

UFC 173 May 24th 2014

UFC Batamweight Championship: Renan Barao(c) vs TJ Dillashaw

Light Heavyweight Bout: Dan Henderson vs Daniel Cormier

Welterweight Bout: Robbie Lawler vs Jake Ellenberger

Bantamweight Bout: Takeya Mizugaki vs Francisco Rivera

Lightweight Bout: Jamie Varner vs James Krause

#1044540 - Sun May 04 2014 09:30 PM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
wwe84 Online   content
Champion Poster

WWE Extreme Rules Results May 4th 2014

Kickoff Match weeLC Match: El Torito Beat Hornswoggle

Match 1 Triple Threat Elimination Match:Cesaro Beat Rob Van Dam & Jack Swagger

Match 2 Handicap Match:Alexander Rusev Beat R-Truth & Xavier Woods

Match 3 WWE Intercontinental Championship:Bad News Barrett Beat Big E to win the IC Title

Match 4:The Shield Beat Evolution in the match of the night

Match 5 Steel Cage Match:Bray Wyatt Beat John Cena

Match 6 WWE Divas Championship:Paige Beat Tamina Snuka to retain

Match 7 WWE World Heavyweight Championship Extreme Rules Match:Daniel Bryan Beat Kane to retain

#1044591 - Mon May 05 2014 05:13 AM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
runaway_drive Offline
Participant

Overall a good PPV (or whatever they call it now). The Shield/Evolution was match of the night, but it was so good to see a FLAMING TABLE, my favourite spot in the entire WWE. Just a shame that as soon as Kane went through it they had to get a fire extinguisher straight away.

#1044889 - Wed May 07 2014 06:34 AM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
nasty_liar Offline
Enthusiast

Yorkshire UK
Good PPV. Agreed that Shield/Evolution was match of the night. Seth Rollins reminds me a lot of Jeff Hardy sometimes and that spot where he dives from the stand onto Triple H, Orton and Ambrose was very reminiscent of some of the spots Hardy used to do. Pleased to see Batista putting over Roman Reigns who is getting the rocket ship treatment. But The Shield are so darned entertaining that I'm loving the giant push.

My only gripe is how strong Cena has to look! Not only did he win at Mania despite interference from the other two. Not only would he have won the 3 on 1 handicap match on Raw a few weeks ago without a DQ. Now he is made to look so strong that he would have defeated all 3 Wyatts in a steel cage unless the little boy turns up! Still glad Bray Wyatt got the win but he looks so weak it's absurd! No wonder half the audience boos John Cena, he's like an indestructible Heel that the baby faces try to overcome.

I also loved the flaming table spot and also the forklift truck spot, both things reminded me of the type of stuff we used to see during the Attitude era on a regular (some would say too regular) basis.

Just wonder where the Uso's match was?

#1045583 - Mon May 12 2014 09:39 PM Re: UFC/WWE PPV
wwe84 Online   content
Champion Poster

WWE Payback June 1st 2014

Kickoff Show Mask vs Hair Match: El Torito vs Hornswoggle

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Bad News Barrett(c) vs Rob Van Dam

WWE United States Championship: Sheamus(c) vs Cesaro

WWE Divas Championship: Paige(c) vs Alicia Fox

No Holds Barred Elimination Match: Evolution vs The Shield

Last Man Standing Match: John Cena vs Bray Wyatt

Big E vs Rusev

Edited by wwe84 (Tue May 27 2014 11:21 PM)

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 >

Moderator:  ozzz2002