Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 67 of 104 < 1 2 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 103 104 >
Topic Options
#1018117 - Tue Oct 29 2013 11:52 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: salami_swami]
Happy Birthday skunkee Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Burlington Ontario Canada  
Ssabrman if you really need to ease your mind you can always give it to me! smilee

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#1018118 - Tue Oct 29 2013 11:55 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
ssabreman Online   content
Prolific

Loc: Arizona USA
Ha! You wouldn't want it. smile

#1018119 - Tue Oct 29 2013 11:59 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
For those who don't know what the criteria are, would it be possible to put them in the "You are Victrious" text--the information you get after completing a (mini-)badge.

#1018123 - Tue Oct 29 2013 01:25 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Doenutty Offline
Participant

I just wanted to add to what others have said about how good it was to have a team challenge. Although I am in a small team the regular players did get together and contribute on the message boards which was really nice as we don't tend to communicate very much. It was also refreshing to see how other peoples Funtrivia's experiences are different to mine in gameplay as we each deciphered some of the clues easily as they were familiar to us while other clues benefited from another persons perspective.

Thanks, it was fun and I hope it isn't the last!

#1018124 - Tue Oct 29 2013 01:46 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: bubblesfun]
MiraJane Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
bubblesfun,

Thank you for the suggestion. But ... Still doesn't work after d/l of Puffin.

I didn't really expect it to.

#1018126 - Tue Oct 29 2013 01:56 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: MiraJane]
bubblesfun Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
Originally Posted By: MiraJane
bubblesfun,

Thank you for the suggestion. But ... Still doesn't work after d/l of Puffin.

I didn't really expect it to.

Feel free to DM me if you have specific questions on how to use it. As I said, I have an iPad and can play all of the Flash games from Funtrivia through Puffin, including crosswords, Quiz Mode and quick quizzes.

#1018196 - Wed Oct 30 2013 12:10 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Jodisull Offline
Participant

Loc: New Jersey USA
Kudos Wes and Terry! This challenge has been great fun working with my team! I, too, hope to see more badges like this. Maybe something not too hard for a small team with only a few active members! :D-
I've got 4 of 5--so close I can taste the chocolate pumpkin!

#1018197 - Wed Oct 30 2013 12:35 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: bubblesfun]
Nammage Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Florida USA
Originally Posted By: bubblesfun
Originally Posted By: Terry
An exception was built into that part for this badge. Anyone can play it.

Is there any chance that something can be substituted for this requirement needed for the skeleton for people that use iPads and other such things?

I played it on my iPad. There are numerous apps that allow you to play Flash games on the iPad. My favorite is a browser called Puffin that has a free two week trial period.

Puffin didn't work for my Android. I have no problem with Flash; I've been on a phone for two years, and those of us who can't use Flash, we make due, at least I do. I was excited about this "team game", and I read "everyone can play it", well, that's not true. A badge/let comes up "special" and limited is exciting. I'm told, "Hope you can get to a PC"--if I could get to a PC, I wouldn't be on a phone.

I'm disappointed. My renewal is coming up and I'm actually thinking of not renewing because "we" are left out, a lot, and I don't see the point.

I know, plenty of other badges out there, some of which I will never ever obtain, like many others, and some I will obtain only when get lucky enough to beat someone on a phone that has a slight slower speed than a PC.

I shouldn't complain, I know that. Be grateful for what you have. But I am still disappointed.

I don't get excited very often.

-Nam

#1018198 - Wed Oct 30 2013 12:56 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
salami_swami Offline

Loc: Colorado USA
I thought Android supported flash?

A while back we were given the ability to play flash quizzes in game mode, and I asked about crosswords...

It's in the works. It won't be long before you can do EVERYTHING on your phone, including flash enabled aspects of the site.

What is said is true... Anyone can play it. Those of us without computer access have to make due. I was fortunate enough to get to a computer but I am hardly ever able to play the crosswords which I enjoy.

Hopefully soon flash won't be used any longer. It's in the works, so it's only a matter of time.

#1018209 - Wed Oct 30 2013 03:54 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
zippolover Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Norfolk UK
BTW, this one is pretty easy really.. I think we could do some pretty cool things with a team-sharing challenge that was pretty hard.

Feels thick now cry

#1018297 - Wed Oct 30 2013 10:08 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Nammage]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: salami_swami
I thought Android supported flash?

A while back we were given the ability to play flash quizzes in game mode, and I asked about crosswords...

It's in the works. It won't be long before you can do EVERYTHING on your phone, including flash enabled aspects of the site.

What is said is true... Anyone can play it. Those of us without computer access have to make due. I was fortunate enough to get to a computer but I am hardly ever able to play the crosswords which I enjoy.

Hopefully soon flash won't be used any longer. It's in the works, so it's only a matter of time.

The flash
Originally Posted By: Nammage
Originally Posted By: bubblesfun
An exception was built into that part for this badge. Anyone can play it.

Is there any chance that something can be substituted for this requirement needed for the skeleton for people that use iPads and other such things?

I played it on my iPad. There are numerous apps that allow you to play Flash games on the iPad. My favorite is a browser called Puffin that has a free two week trial period.

Puffin didn't work for my Android. I have no problem with Flash; I've been on a phone for two years, and those of us who can't use Flash, we make due, at least I do. I was excited about this "team game", and I read "everyone can play it", well, that's not true. A badge/let comes up "special" and limited is exciting. I'm told, "Hope you can get to a PC"--if I could get to a PC, I wouldn't be on a phone.

I'm disappointed. My renewal is coming up and I'm actually thinking of not renewing because "we" are left out, a lot, and I don't see the point.

I know, plenty of other badges out there, some of which I will never ever obtain, like many others, and some I will obtain only when get lucky enough to beat someone on a phone that has a slight slower speed than a PC.

I shouldn't complain, I know that. Be grateful for what you have. But I am still disappointed.

I don't get excited very often.

-Nam

The non-flash crossword app ran into some problems with the contractor building it recently going ouht of business and closing shop, right in the middle of building it. Irritating, to say the least. I'll be finding someone else to do it.

So sorry if not everything is accessible. I understand if you choose not to renew.

Maybe there's a library nearby you can pop into to complete the crossword during a lunch break or something?

#1018334 - Wed Oct 30 2013 06:04 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
Nammage Offline
Enthusiast

Terry,

The nearest library, from my house, is 18 miles away. A waste of gas. I got a note from someone stating people telling him/her the same thing; apparently there isn't a library where they live because it washed away in a flood.

I most likely will renew my membership next month but stick to quizzes, which is what I originally purchased membership to begin with (so they'd be counted), and just forego everything else.

Don't get me wrong: I like the website but just too many disadvantages for me.

-Nam

#1018340 - Wed Oct 30 2013 06:56 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
salami_swami Offline

Loc: Colorado USA
Interesting you say that, Nam.

I personally view gold membership as a way to score points for as many quizzes as you want, and that is it. The main reason for Gold Membership; everything else that is good only is merely a 'bonus' feature, nothing as a disadvantage - though the real reason for gold Is exactly what you said, that is playing quizzes. smile

#1018422 - Thu Oct 31 2013 05:43 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
lorance79 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Canberra A.C.T. Australia     
That was fun. Thanks all.

Eagerly look forward to other such treats in future. Don't complain--it's your fault for getting me hooked smile

#1018445 - Thu Oct 31 2013 07:17 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Besides the fun, I got some nice learn the new machine's ins and outs treats for Halloween. Hope you all end up on the treat side of things and have no tricks visited upon your doorsteps.
CongratBOOlations indeed!

Edited by mehaul (Thu Oct 31 2013 07:17 AM)

#1018587 - Fri Nov 01 2013 01:26 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
PDAZ Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Phoenix Arizona USA           
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but the text for the Crossword Crusher badge states that "Reward is automatically given out immediately upon completion", but it looks like it's only awarded at certain times of the day.

#1018623 - Fri Nov 01 2013 05:36 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: PDAZ]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: PDAZ
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but the text for the Crossword Crusher badge states that "Reward is automatically given out immediately upon completion", but it looks like it's only awarded at certain times of the day.

That's not the only one that says that and is only given out at certain times. I just take that text to mean that I don't have to return to the challenge page to get it, not that it is awarded as soon as I have it completed.

#1018783 - Sat Nov 02 2013 07:53 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
I found that you had to go back to the Challenges page in order to trigger receiving it; it wasn't automatic for me.

But thanks so much for so much fun! It really brought our team together. Hope to see more challenges like that one!

#1018976 - Sun Nov 03 2013 04:37 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
guitargoddess Online   FT-cool

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
Since it's close to being unattainable and I'm not gonna get it, can someone tell me what the requirements for the Halloween challenge were? I'm no good at riddles, I only figured out two of them (I think) and only attained one..

#1018988 - Sun Nov 03 2013 06:26 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
postcards2go Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York City
DM sent, GG smile

#1019002 - Sun Nov 03 2013 07:06 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
The requirements will be listed publicly as soon as I have confirmation that it's closed.

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Sun Nov 03 2013 07:06 PM)

#1019003 - Sun Nov 03 2013 08:15 PM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
portgleep Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: NYC New York USA              
Would it be possible for those who have completed the Halloween challenge to still be able to see the original riddle on the challenge page?
Its true that some of Winston Churchill's actions were praiseworthy. But personally, his treatment of India during and before WWII will always make me think of him primarily as an evil, powerhungry, racist murderer.

#1019061 - Mon Nov 04 2013 05:00 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Lottie1001 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Westmorland UK
Originally Posted By: WesleyCrusher
The requirements will be listed publicly as soon as I have confirmation that it's closed.

Presumably that won't be until after everyone who completed the final requirement at the end of the day yesterday has had a chance to come back and claim the badge. I know one of my team, who isn't a gold member, worked very hard to get enough points to complete the final requirement. But she won't be on again until later today.

#1019081 - Mon Nov 04 2013 06:48 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: Terry]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
That's correct. We'll allow enough time for those who completed a requirement yesterday to still claim.

#1019084 - Mon Nov 04 2013 07:03 AM Re: New round of badge additions! [Re: WesleyCrusher]
Lottie1001 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Westmorland UK
Thanks for clarifying that, Wes.

Page 67 of 104 < 1 2 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 103 104 >

Moderator:  Terry