Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#822696 - Wed Sep 12 2012 11:33 AM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: skunkee]
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
Lynn, I wanted to let you know that I enjoyed Dealing With Tomorrow very much. Your characters are well written and even though it's a murder mystery, I had to laugh out loud a few times. Well done!

I am about a quarter of the way through Missing My Mark and am enjoying it just as much as the first one. I look forward to your third one as well. Let us know and keep up the good work!

#824142 - Sun Sep 16 2012 03:15 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: ClaraSue]
skunkee Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Burlington Ontario Canada  
Thanks so much - I really appreciate the feedback and am thrilled that you enjoyed/are enjoying them.

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#827447 - Thu Sep 27 2012 03:18 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: skunkee]
einsteinII Offline
Participant

Loc: Missouri USA
I will have to get a copy of that. I like murder mysteries.

#953768 - Wed Dec 05 2012 11:22 AM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: skunkee]
mpkitty Offline
Participant

Loc: Spokane Washington USA       
Congratulations, Skunkee! But I am with Postcards, and won't read a kindle.
Nothing replaces a real book, in my opinion. Good luck with your book.

#959433 - Sat Jan 05 2013 02:13 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: mpkitty]
skunkee Offline
Forum Champion

My third book, 'Twin Harvest' has been published on Kindle. For those of you who have read the first two, this is NOT part of the same series and is a much darker offering. It's more 'Silence of the Lambs' than 'Murder She Wrote'.
Please, please rate the books. You don't have to write anything, just give them a star rating out of five to encourage other people to buy them.

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#959444 - Sat Jan 05 2013 03:27 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: sue943]
Jennings Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Surrey
England UK
No disrespect meant to Sue or Skunkee but is advertising allowed on FT forums?

#959456 - Sat Jan 05 2013 06:13 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: sue943]
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Well, I don't think that "imanauthor71" with a post count of zero could come in and spruik about a similar thing but a long time member with thousands of posts who also volunteers for the site could be given a bit of leeway.

#959464 - Sat Jan 05 2013 07:57 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: sue943]
Dagny1 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Alabama USA
Plus this is a book thread and as a reader, I'm always interested to know if any of my fellow co-horts, in this case fellow quizzers, have a book published.

#959498 - Sun Jan 06 2013 08:55 AM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: sue943]
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Thanks Lynn, I got it! As soon as I'm finished with the current read, I'll get right on it.

As an aside, I understand what Jennings is saying. That's one of the things that I love so much about this site, is that there is no spamming or advertising allowed. But in this case, I agree with Copago. I'm excited that a longtime friend and member can contribute to our forums with her own books. I think almost ten years worth of posts and being a FT editor allows some privileges.

#999180 - Mon Jul 29 2013 02:25 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: ClaraSue]
Gheelnory
No longer registered

Originally Posted By: ClaraSue
I think almost ten years worth of posts and being a FT editor allows some privileges.

I have a question--as well as congratulations for Lynn. Having just gone through the 'publishing on Amazon' process myself, I have a good appreciation for what's involved (namely, many hundreds of hours of work, as well as the willingness to say "even though this COULD be improved I need to stop delaying and just SUBMIT the thing!" Lynn's feat in getting several books up and selling is admirable..^_^)

My question: I do NOT have a lot of posts on this forum. And, obviously, I'm not an editor. However, I've been an active member of FunTrivia.com for just shy of seven years. I post mainly on my team board. Does that mean I'm disqualified from mentioning my newly-published book, here?

It's my first book. I'm very excited about it. And it's on a topic that might interest people here.

But I don't want to violate the rules.

So...is it permitted?

(I do understand the "no links" rule--I just wanted to mention the name of the book, and give a little information, so that people could take a look if they are interested.)

#999186 - Mon Jul 29 2013 03:04 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: sue943]
paul4760 Offline
Participant

Loc: Iowa USA
Amazing achievement Lynn! smilee

#999200 - Mon Jul 29 2013 04:12 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: ]
jabb5076 Online   content
Forum Adept

Loc: Georgia USA
Gheelnory--I don't see why it would be a problem mentioning your novel. I expect those funtrivia members who are regular readers are more than happy to hear about books fellow members have written.

#999206 - Mon Jul 29 2013 04:31 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: jabb5076]
Gheelnory
No longer registered

Thanks, Jabb. I'm grateful for the response.

Even though I've been here at Fun Trivia since September 2006, I haven't been on the forum as such very often--and I know well that different message boards have different cultures. What's fine to mention one place, is frowned on elsewhere. (My book is non-fiction, and is called "Forum Finesse"--I'll gather my book-description prose and put together an informative post, post-haste...^_^)

#1015682 - Sun Oct 13 2013 07:36 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: sue943]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
I'm a real latecomer to this thread, but congratulations to you, skunkee!!

#1015697 - Sun Oct 13 2013 10:56 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: sue943]
ren33 Offline

Loc: Fanling
  Hong Kong      
As far as mentioning a book you have written , as Moderator I see no problem, although contacting the mods first might be a good idea. Gheelnory and Skunkee did actually ask us , so thanks , well done and good luck with the books. It is great to hear about the success of our members.
This will, I think , amaze you. It did me!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24399599
Seems a wonderful thing for Iceland.

#1018305 - Wed Oct 30 2013 12:22 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: ren33]
skunkee Offline
Forum Champion

Thank you gracious1.

My fourth book, Dance for Fools has just been released on Kindle.

But what is REALLY exciting is that all four books can now be ordered from Amazon.com in paperback format.

#1018310 - Wed Oct 30 2013 01:52 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: sue943]
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
Skunkee, that is fantastic.

I think Kindle publishing is such a great way for new authors to get a toehold in the marketplace - and then hard work, talent, and a little good luck get a chance to kick in.

#1018318 - Wed Oct 30 2013 02:51 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: skunkee]
Dagny1 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Alabama USA
Congratulations, Skunkee!

#1018327 - Wed Oct 30 2013 04:49 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: Dagny1]
skunkee Offline
Forum Champion

Thanks guys. It's very exciting to know that your work is being read by people other than family. Kindle really does give new writers a marvellous opportunity.

#1018474 - Thu Oct 31 2013 02:37 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: skunkee]
Gheelnory Offline
Explorer

Loc: Florida USA
Congratulations on the new ebook, and especially on having successfully navigated the CreateSpace field as well. I'm still a bit intimidated by the formatting requirements of CS, so am duly impressed that you managed it for four of your books.

Go Skunkee!

#1018510 - Thu Oct 31 2013 08:09 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: sue943]
ren33 Offline

Loc: Fanling
  Hong Kong      
Go Skunkee, indeed. So proud of you!
Now I can buy and read them. I have been waiting for the day that sense prevailed and the books became real.Yay!

#1019112 - Mon Nov 04 2013 09:47 AM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: ren33]
skunkee Offline
Forum Champion

Thanks so much. I hope you enjoy them Ren. If you do, please remember to go back and rate. The more ratings, the more likely people browsing will give them a chance!

#1039664 - Fri Mar 28 2014 02:15 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: skunkee]
skunkee Offline
Forum Champion

My eBooks are now available through a number of sources including Kobo, Barnes & Noble, Apple, Diesel, Scribd, Smashwords and Inktera. The paperback versions are still only available through Amazon.com.

#1049572 - Fri Jun 20 2014 12:59 AM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: sue943]
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

I really enjoyed your other books. I look forward to downloading the new one!

#1050280 - Wed Jun 25 2014 06:57 PM Re: A FunTrivia editor has a book published! [Re: sue943]
golfmom08 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Florida USA        
I have downloaded three of her books. I started "Dealing With Tomorrow" and I'm enjoying it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  LeoDaVinci, ren33, TabbyTom