Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#1019336 - Tue Nov 05 2013 05:28 PM Team Quiz feature - Question
Doenutty Offline
Participant

I have done a search but I can't find much information on the site or on the forums about team quizzes.

Hopefully someone could either link me to where the information is or answer the following questions?

- Are team quizzes eligible for badge achievements? i.e. if as a team you create 5 quizzes in different categories would you all win the appropriate badge?

- Does the quiz credit appear on all team members profile?

- Is there a limit to how many members can participate in the creation of the quiz?

- Are there any topic restrictions on team quizzes?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

#1019344 - Tue Nov 05 2013 05:59 PM Re: Team Quiz feature - Question [Re: Doenutty]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
- Are team quizzes eligible for badge achievements? i.e. if as a team you create 5 quizzes in different categories would you all win the appropriate badge?

No, only the person to whom the quiz is attached.

Quote:
- Does the quiz credit appear on all team members profile?

Likewise.

Quote:
- Is there a limit to how many members can participate in the creation of the quiz?

No. We do ask that whoever writes the question credit themselves in the info though.

Quote:
- Are there any topic restrictions on team quizzes?

Team quizzes are subject to the same restrictions and guidelines as regular quizzes.

Edited by kyleisalive (Tue Nov 05 2013 05:59 PM)

#1019346 - Tue Nov 05 2013 06:21 PM Re: Team Quiz feature - Question [Re: Doenutty]
Doenutty Offline
Participant

Thank you for the response:)

I hope you don't mind if I ask for a little more clarification? I am a member in a small team, I'm trying to encourage more participation and thought a team quiz might help. A project leader is necessary and they have to have at least 5 quizzes online, I would have volunteered to be project leader as most members wont meet that criteria however I wouldn't want to take total credit i.e. reward for it but it sounds like I would? Are there any benefits for someone who doesn't have a quiz online apart from a comment stating credit?

While I am writing this I am seeing for the first time how it could be very open to cheating i.e. sharing credit for one persons work! But I may have to veto the idea until everyone has 5 quizzes online so we can take turns in being project leader. I thought it might be a good way to introduce people to quiz-making but if they wrote the majority of questions it wouldn't seem fair for a handful of us to profit from it!

#1019349 - Tue Nov 05 2013 07:19 PM Re: Team Quiz feature - Question [Re: Doenutty]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
All created quizzes on the site have to be attached to someone's name and profile and, in the case of team quizzes, that name has to be the person who created the template. You would receive the reward for it (if any) but at the same time it would always be attributed to your team as a whole. If you check on the team quizzes on the homepage (eg. http://www.funtrivia.com/trivia-quiz/General/Why-2k--360042.html) you'll see that it links directly to your team.

Benefits otherwise? Your team gets good practice. Writing one question in a team quiz and collaborating on the effort (from initial writing to editing and, possibly, corrections) can be easier and less stressful than writing a full quiz, right off the bat, on your own. I consider team quizzes to be both a great exercise for the team and a great 'gateway quiz'. wink

The five-quizzes rule is put in place so that the rest of the team does have someone to fall back on. At that point we have a feeling for an author's capabilities in the queue and that person can very likely be trusted to open the template, edit the submission, and keep the questions/people in check so that we receive a sound quiz in the queue. While others in the team can always take on the editing role as well, it's a way for us (the editors) to have someone to refer to for notes and the like. The person who's attached to the quiz receives the corrections, for instance.

#1019356 - Tue Nov 05 2013 07:51 PM Re: Team Quiz feature - Question [Re: Doenutty]
postcards2go Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New Jersey USA
Doenutty, my team has done a few team quizzes, all of which had contributions from me. But, since I have never written a quiz on my own, I was only credited in the quizzes, themselves. That's fine! As long as your team members know the rules, it is a great way to generate discussion, as well as a sense of team-togetherness. Not every FT interaction has to result in a badge smile

#1019358 - Tue Nov 05 2013 07:57 PM Re: Team Quiz feature - Question [Re: Doenutty]
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
There are a lot of people who are afraid to write a quiz, scared of the editing process, etc. This is a low stakes way to dip a toe in that water.

If you do this, I urge you to share the editor's comments with the entire team. It's very useful for a new and worried author to see what a rejection note looks like, and how to deal with one. This is the kind of thing that is a lot less scary once you've seen how it all works.

Moderator:  agony, gtho4