Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#1023365 - Wed Nov 27 2013 04:43 PM Checking on My Quizzes
ignotus999 Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: New Jersey USA
Question for anyone who might know, including the all-knowing quiz editors of course ... is there a way I can see the percentages of people answering questions correctly, without "taking" my quiz myself? Like to get a sense of which questions are reasposible for those "Tough" ratings.

#1023367 - Wed Nov 27 2013 04:51 PM Re: Checking on My Quizzes [Re: ignotus999]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
I always click edit on my quizzes to see this. It shows the percentages. Of course, I don't click on save after this, I back out. I don't think my way is really the best way... I think taking your quiz is the best and safest way to go.

#1023369 - Wed Nov 27 2013 05:57 PM Re: Checking on My Quizzes [Re: ignotus999]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
I open my quiz by clicking edit, and look at the figures. If I am really unhappy with a question, and can see a way to fix it, I then have two choices.

I can take it offline and resubmit for editor review, with a message in the box saying exactly what question I have changed, so they don't have to reedit the whole thing. I would only do this if I thought something needed a major change. And it is important to identify what you have done as precisely as you can, so the editor who fields it doesn't have to recheck the entire thing!

If you think a small tweak would be appropriate, the best way is to play the quiz then send a correction note on the question you want to change. You then fix it as you would any correction note, and an editor will review your changes after you mark it as corrected.

What you can't see, of course, and what I sometimes would dearly love to see, is the percentage choosing each incorrect option. Identifying what is attracting them to or away from a particular distractor can help with writing future quizzes of the desired level of difficulty.

Edited by looney_tunes (Wed Nov 27 2013 08:06 PM)

#1023372 - Wed Nov 27 2013 06:45 PM Re: Checking on My Quizzes [Re: looney_tunes]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
It's also important that you shouldn't usually make really significant changes to a question based on difficulty unless you do it very early in the life of a quiz. Making the change won't reset the statistics, so if you change a question that had 18% correct after several hundred plays to be much easier, that question will continue to show a very low correct percentage - possibly yielding an extremely easy question in the Obscure game!

Originally Posted By: looney_tunes
and an editor will review your changes after you mark it [censored] corrected.

Nice typo smile

#1023374 - Wed Nov 27 2013 06:51 PM Re: Checking on My Quizzes [Re: ignotus999]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Haha, I saw [censored] hte whole time, so I can only guess what was accidentally said. I can imagine though. Lol.

#1023377 - Wed Nov 27 2013 08:06 PM Re: Checking on My Quizzes [Re: ignotus999]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
I only meant to type a single s, really. Fixed now.

#1023378 - Wed Nov 27 2013 08:53 PM Re: Checking on My Quizzes [Re: ignotus999]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
I finally got it. I believe what happened was looney_tunes added an extra S causing the system to replace the word with [censored]. I thought looney_tunes added [censored] to the post to indicate using profanity not that profanity was (accidentally) used.

#1023380 - Wed Nov 27 2013 09:35 PM Re: Checking on My Quizzes [Re: looney_tunes]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: looney_tunes
What you can't see, of course, and what I sometimes would dearly love to see, is the percentage choosing each incorrect option. Identifying what is attracting them to or away from a particular distractor can help with writing future quizzes of the desired level of difficulty.

I would really love to see this as well...I always work hard coming up with 3 wrong options when writing multiple choice questions, and have wished many times that I could see how often each incorrect choice was picked by a quiz-taker.

#1023485 - Thu Nov 28 2013 01:15 PM Re: Checking on My Quizzes [Re: ignotus999]
JanIQ Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Antwerp
Belgium
It would be very interesting to see which red herring gets the most votes.

Moderator:  agony, gtho4