Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#1025557 - Thu Dec 12 2013 01:26 AM Photo Quiz editing problem
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
I am trying to edit a photo quiz, and something weird is happening. I had to swap out some photos, remove from one question and put in another, etc. I finished all that and got the photos where I want them. I clicked on "Return to Edit Quiz" -- and my changes are not showing up. I have photos in the wrong places! Can't figure out what's going on. I clicked "Save Changes" on every question, but the Quiz Editor is not reflecting what I have done on the Manage Images page. What is going on?

This is the Quiz Editor page:
http://www.funtrivia.com/editquiz.cfm?qid=364785

And this is the Manage Images page:
http://www.funtrivia.com/quizupload.cfm?qid=364785

Notice the discrepancies between questions 6-8 in particular, in terms of the photos.

Edited by gracious1 (Thu Dec 12 2013 01:32 AM)

#1025558 - Thu Dec 12 2013 01:36 AM Re: Photo Quiz editing problem [Re: gracious1]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
This is a browser issue - the new photos have the same name on the server as the old ones when in the quiz, so your browser won't know to reload them. Use a Shift-Reload on the quiz edit page and your new photos will show up.

#1025559 - Thu Dec 12 2013 01:40 AM Re: Photo Quiz editing problem [Re: gracious1]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
That's a caching issue - scared me to pieces the first time I had it happen. I can't see the edit screen, so cannot compare the two. When it happened to me, the editor to whom I sent a worried message when I resubmitted the quiz assured me that the images looked fine to them. Now I don't worry about it, and know that what I see when I am managing the images is in fact what's there, but if you want to set your mind at ease, you could clear your cache then log on to Fun Trivia again, and open the editing screen.

#1025561 - Thu Dec 12 2013 03:51 AM Re: Photo Quiz editing problem [Re: WesleyCrusher]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Originally Posted By: WesleyCrusher
This is a browser issue - the new photos have the same name on the server as the old ones when in the quiz, so your browser won't know to reload them. Use a Shift-Reload on the quiz edit page and your new photos will show up.

Wow! That worked! Thanks! Now I can get some sleep at last!

#1025562 - Thu Dec 12 2013 03:52 AM Re: Photo Quiz editing problem [Re: looney_tunes]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Originally Posted By: looney_tunes
That's a caching issue - scared me to pieces the first time I had it happen. I can't see the edit screen, so cannot compare the two. When it happened to me, the editor to whom I sent a worried message when I resubmitted the quiz assured me that the images looked fine to them. Now I don't worry about it, and know that what I see when I am managing the images is in fact what's there, but if you want to set your mind at ease, you could clear your cache then log on to Fun Trivia again, and open the editing screen.

Thanks! I'll keep that tactic in mind, too!

#1026171 - Mon Dec 16 2013 10:13 AM Re: Photo Quiz editing problem [Re: gracious1]
Dizart Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Buckhaven Fife Scotland UK   
Had this problem too, usually if you leave it for 24 hours the "correct" photos magically appear.

Moderator:  agony, gtho4