Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#1028372 - Thu Jan 02 2014 02:54 AM Correction Notes
Christinap Offline
Prolific

Loc: Essex UK
Twice recently I have had a correction note regarding a typo in an archived quiz, and both times the note has not had the box that enables me to say if the correction is right or wrong and how I want it fixed. Both times the note has come from an Editor - different ones, not the same one

I'm not sure if the Editors correction notes never have this box, or if the system is failing to pick up they are correcting as a player rather than an Ed. putting a quiz on line. Both times I have had to reply to the person sending the note explaining that their quiz lacks this box and then also write to a Category Ed. Both quizzes were in Geography but I don't know if that is relevant or not.

I think this is possibly a bug that needs a quick look at.

#1028379 - Thu Jan 02 2014 04:14 AM Re: Correction Notes [Re: Christinap]
ozzz2002 Online   FT-cool

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia        
It sounds like a bug, as a correction note sent by an Editor would not be treated any differently than any other player.

Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#1028384 - Thu Jan 02 2014 04:46 AM Re: Correction Notes [Re: Christinap]
gtho4 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Sydney oz downunder           
check you InBox .. I've sent the same CN using my son's account; and it went through aok (with the box for your comments)

Terry fixed a bug with CNs the other week (Eds couldn't reply to them), which has created this one!

#1028390 - Thu Jan 02 2014 05:54 AM Re: Correction Notes [Re: Christinap]
Christinap Offline
Prolific

Loc: Essex UK
The one via your son's account is fine, has the normal comment box.

#1033765 - Mon Feb 10 2014 08:27 AM Re: Correction Notes [Re: Christinap]
zorba_scank Offline
Prolific

Loc: Mumbai India
I came to report that I had the same problem as Christinap. I got a correction note from an editor on an old quiz and it happened to be an incorrect one. There was no place to report whether the correction note was valid or not. There was only a box at the bottom saying 'the issues outlined above have been corrected' - the kind you get when a quiz is sent back by an editor for corrections.

Moderator:  agony, gtho4