Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#1032349 - Thu Jan 30 2014 12:47 PM New question with "all of these" answer
bisaacs90 Offline
Participant

Loc: Illinois USA
Hi - I'm getting an error when I attempt to submit a question to the New Question game. The error says:

Quote:
Please do not write questions where your answer is "All of these", or something similar.

Whenever that is an option it is almost ALWAYS the right answer, which means that people tend to not even read your question or pay any attention to it whatsoever!

I think I understand the point - that if one of the answers is "all of these" then it's usually the right answer, and I even agree with it. The trouble is that my question does not have such an answer, and the error does not allow me to override it in any way. My question is:

Category: Sports

What links NFL coaches Jeff Fisher, Jim Harbaugh, Ron Rivera and Sean Payton together?

A. All played for the Chicago Bears
B. All attended college at a Big Ten school
C. All were born in California
D. All have coached under Bill Belichick

Any suggestions for getting around this issue?

#1032350 - Thu Jan 30 2014 01:00 PM Re: New question with "all of these" answer [Re: bisaacs90]
looney_tunes Online   content
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
Originally Posted By: bisaacs90
Hi - I'm getting an error when I attempt to submit a question to the New Question game. The error says:

Quote:
Please do not write questions where your answer is "All of these", or something similar.

Whenever that is an option it is almost ALWAYS the right answer, which means that people tend to not even read your question or pay any attention to it whatsoever!

I think I understand the point - that if one of the answers is "all of these" then it's usually the right answer, and I even agree with it. The trouble is that my question does not have such an answer, and the error does not allow me to override it in any way. My question is:

Category: Sports

What links NFL coaches Jeff Fisher, Jim Harbaugh, Ron Rivera and Sean Payton together?

A. All played for the Chicago Bears
B. All attended college at a Big Ten school
C. All were born in California
D. All have coached under Bill Belichick

Any suggestions for getting around this issue?

You could reword to ask which statement applies to all three, then say "They played for the Chicago Bears", etc. It might even be enough to make your answers start "They all" instead of "All". You are triggering an automated feature, so you have to think creatively to baffle it. smile

#1032356 - Thu Jan 30 2014 04:15 PM Re: New question with "all of these" answer [Re: bisaacs90]
bisaacs90 Offline
Participant

Loc: Illinois USA
OK, thanks. Had to take the word "all" out of each answer to get it to work, which I'm not sure I like, but it did finally get through. Thanks again!

#1032394 - Thu Jan 30 2014 10:08 PM Re: New question with "all of these" answer [Re: bisaacs90]
skunkee Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Burlington Ontario Canada  
How about 'Each one played...'

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

Moderator:  agony, gtho4