Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1034800 - Sun Feb 16 2014 08:17 PM Re: 1 of the hardest challenges around.. What's yours? [Re: TriviaFan22]
TriviaFan22 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Texas USA
BY my count, I was only considering people with well over 200 or 300 expert wins total to be real viable contenders for 100 champ div wins. I didn't see anything wrong with that methodology but apparently it's faulty.

#1034801 - Sun Feb 16 2014 08:22 PM Re: 1 of the hardest challenges around.. What's yours? [Re: TriviaFan22]
TriviaFan22 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Texas USA
How much can you all attribute to having a fast running computer? My computer is fairly fast although it would freeze up for a few seconds every once in a while. For a few months now it's been a lot slower than normal because I need to replace the battery on it. Once I do that my times will improve. I know I've lost a few expert wins because of it spacing out.

Does this seem to hold true for everyone else? Probably in the mid-range of times computer speed won't help a huge degree but you can't get the blisteringly fast times without a smooth running machine.

#1035150 - Wed Feb 19 2014 02:59 PM Re: 1 of the hardest challenges around.. What's yours? [Re: TriviaFan22]
Jakeroo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Alberta Canada
I could have the fastest computer in the world and still not win piece of cake lol

Everyone has a different skill set, so of course, different games will be more difficult (or easier in cases such as Anton). The cream always rises.

I find a lot of things difficult, including getting out of bed in the morning ~~~ But I have no gripes re: FT

#1035157 - Wed Feb 19 2014 03:51 PM Re: 1 of the hardest challenges around.. What's yours? [Re: Jakeroo]
Anton Offline
Mainstay

Loc: California USA
Originally Posted By: Jakeroo

Everyone has a different skill set, so of course, different games will be more difficult (or easier in cases such as Anton). The cream always rises.

Not sure if serious, sarcastic, or jesting...

#1035269 - Thu Feb 20 2014 06:46 PM Re: 1 of the hardest challenges around.. What's yours? [Re: Anton]
Lones78 Offline
Prolific

Loc: Forrestfield Western Australia
Originally Posted By: AntonLaVey
Originally Posted By: Jakeroo

Not sure if serious, sarcastic, or jesting...

Ahhh - the beauty of the internet and online communication. With no body language or voice inflection, it's hard to tell how a person intends what they are saying to come across smile

Yay for emoticons! laugh

#1035282 - Thu Feb 20 2014 08:42 PM Re: 1 of the hardest challenges around.. What's yours? [Re: Anton]
beergirllaura Offline
Participant

Loc: Bartlett Illinois USA       
Definitely serious!

#1035347 - Fri Feb 21 2014 01:44 PM Re: 1 of the hardest challenges around.. What's yours? [Re: TriviaFan22]
eyhung Offline
Explorer

Loc: California USA
Congratulations TriviaFan22 -- I agree that the Daily Game Champ is one of the hardest badges to win. It was only recently promoted it to Diamond Dome when Wes realized that new people simply weren't winning it that often because of all the competition from veteran players.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ren33, sue943