Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#1036446 - Mon Mar 03 2014 09:26 AM What key is used for "code breaker"?
Gadgetphile Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Central America
First off sorry if this is placed in the wrong category. I have a bit of trouble finding around these forums. The "code breaker" challenge gives no hints at all on what key they're using for the ciphers. Any help?
RRC++ R--- P--- TH(ALL) ME->+++ I-- CR--- Cc++Cd+Cg+++Cm---Cz+ Ec-Ed---Eg+Em---Ez---Ef---Et--- D+++ M- Zm- GH+ L! Ge+ Pc--- Pd--- Ps--- P? SSs(2) SSr(0) SSc(1/1) SStv(5) SSd(22) SSb(0) SSag(02) SSch(2) SSbk(6)

#1036449 - Mon Mar 03 2014 09:36 AM Re: What key is used for "code breaker"? [Re: Gadgetphile]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
Since this is a mini-badge challenge, the best place for it would be in the "Feedback" section.
As for your question, I don't know the answer, so I can't help you.

#1036456 - Mon Mar 03 2014 10:03 AM Re: What key is used for "code breaker"? [Re: Gadgetphile]
kaddarsgirl Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ohio USA
Originally Posted By: Gadgetphile
First off sorry if this is placed in the wrong category. I have a bit of trouble finding around these forums. The "code breaker" challenge gives no hints at all on what key they're using for the ciphers. Any help?

Sorry, but you're going to have to figure that one out yourself. All the ciphers used in the challenge are Google-able. The whole point of the mini is figuring out which ones to use to solve the puzzle. Also, I don't think anyone who has the badgelet would be willing to give away the answer. I don't remember which ciphers I used, but even if I did, I wouldn't deny anyone the fun of figuring it out for themselves.

#1036458 - Mon Mar 03 2014 10:12 AM Re: What key is used for "code breaker"? [Re: Gadgetphile]
spanishliz Online   FT-cool
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
Even if anybody was willing to help you with the ciphers, one hopes that they wouldn't post them in an open forum, spoiling the challenge for everyone who has yet to tackle it.

#1036459 - Mon Mar 03 2014 10:37 AM Re: What key is used for "code breaker"? [Re: Gadgetphile]
postcards2go Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York City
This is a thread on the Chat Boards that you may find helpful.

http://www.funtrivia.com/bb.cfm?action=details&qnid=26960&boardid=13

As has been said, no one is going to give you the answer (certainly not me, since I haven't figured it out, yet tongue)

#1036480 - Mon Mar 03 2014 01:41 PM Re: What key is used for "code breaker"? [Re: postcards2go]
Gadgetphile Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Central America
There seems to be some confusion. I'm not asking for the answer I'm asking for the encryption key. The riddle gives no clue towards it.
RRC++ R--- P--- TH(ALL) ME->+++ I-- CR--- Cc++Cd+Cg+++Cm---Cz+ Ec-Ed---Eg+Em---Ez---Ef---Et--- D+++ M- Zm- GH+ L! Ge+ Pc--- Pd--- Ps--- P? SSs(2) SSr(0) SSc(1/1) SStv(5) SSd(22) SSb(0) SSag(02) SSch(2) SSbk(6)

#1036483 - Mon Mar 03 2014 01:47 PM Re: What key is used for "code breaker"? [Re: Gadgetphile]
salami_swami Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Colorado USA
Giving the encryption key is giving the answer. That is part of the challenge... To have to figure out what encryption key is to use. smile we wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone by posting the key used. wink

Editor: Video Games, Entertainment

#1036484 - Mon Mar 03 2014 01:48 PM Re: What key is used for "code breaker"? [Re: Gadgetphile]
spanishliz Online   FT-cool
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
I don't think there is any confusion. What we are all saying is that the encryption key is part of the puzzle, and you have to figure out what it is for yourself.

#1039446 - Thu Mar 27 2014 02:19 AM Re: What key is used for "code breaker"? [Re: Gadgetphile]
paa2isback Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Durgapur West Bengal India
Turning into Indiana Jones due to this challenge. tongue

Moderator:  Terry