Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Topic Options
#1049591 - Fri Jun 20 2014 04:37 AM What did you get into after it had finished?
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Breaking Bad.

Oh man, I love it. I bought the other half the first couple of seasons of it because it seemed liked it would be his kind of thing. I watched the first couple of episodes just for something to do while on the treadmill and I was hooked. I am down to the final season and am dreading it ending! I was watching two or even three shows a day and now that I'm toward the end I don't want it to end. I am so glad I didn't have to wait months in between seasons to see what was going to happen next!!

I've never seen Game of Thrones .. maybe that will be next?

#1049593 - Fri Jun 20 2014 05:11 AM Re: What did you get into after it had finished? [Re: Copago]
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: France
Go for GoT, copago!!! Just be prepared for the frustration at the end! The series of books hasen't been finished yet, and it's getting very long and drawn-out. However the first four seasons are good TV!

Haven't watched a single episode of Breaking Bad, I have to admit.

But I feel for you, coming to the end of the season is a bummer, big time smirk

#1049598 - Fri Jun 20 2014 05:56 AM Re: What did you get into after it had finished? [Re: Copago]
Chavs Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ireland
I'm saving breaking bad for the future. I only watched west wing quite recently and now I have just started 24! Series one, episode 7 - don't tell me what happens.

#1049967 - Sun Jun 22 2014 11:35 PM Re: What did you get into after it had finished? [Re: Copago]
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
I haven't done 24 or West Wing. The TV always seems to be on here but seldom watch many dramas. Usually have on things like the Lifestyle channel. Except for The Walking Dead. I won't miss that one. It would be good to binge watch that one, actually.

Five more episodes of Breaking Bad to go. frown

#1049977 - Mon Jun 23 2014 01:59 AM Re: What did you get into after it had finished? [Re: Copago]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Minnesota USA
Other suggestions for series' that are already over if you haven't seen them:

The Sopranos
The Wire
The Shield
Dexter (though, honestly, only the first 4 seasons are great. 5 is alright. 6-8 I was disappointed with)

But I will say, nothing holds a candle to Breaking Bad. Start to finish it's hard to argue against it being in the top 5 shows of all time and you can make a strong argument for the number 1 spot (it's number one in my book).

Edited by pyonir (Mon Jun 23 2014 02:00 AM)

#1050068 - Mon Jun 23 2014 03:44 PM Re: What did you get into after it had finished? [Re: Copago]
guitargoddess Offline

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
I for one really can't get into The Sopranos. I was gifted the complete series not last Christmas but the one before and am still halfway through season three. I really thought I would like it, I've heard nothing but good things. It's not that it's bad or anything, it's just not grabbing me and making me want to see more, and I'm usually a binge-watcher.

#1050075 - Mon Jun 23 2014 04:01 PM Re: What did you get into after it had finished? [Re: Copago]
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Minnesota USA
There were a lot of episodes I didn't like of The Sopranos, GG. So I hear ya on that. I only watched through it once, and probably never will again. It was good, but got a little ridiculous towards the end.

#1050079 - Mon Jun 23 2014 04:47 PM Re: What did you get into after it had finished? [Re: Copago]
DireWolf74 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Illinois USA
The Wire is well worth watching. Especially seasons 1, 2 and 3. Those seasons mostly deal with the Stringer Bell (played by Idris Elba) story line and it's a good one. And you can't forget about Omar, he's one of those "bad" guys that you end up rooting for at the end.

#1050081 - Mon Jun 23 2014 05:53 PM Re: What did you get into after it had finished? [Re: Copago]
supersal1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Essex UK
Not quite after it had finished, but I've only recently discovered 'Modern Family'. I just started watching it one day while channel hopping and got hooked. The premise is a bit unbelievable, but the characters are believably flawed and it's very well written. I just need to catch up on the latest series.

#1050083 - Mon Jun 23 2014 06:28 PM Re: What did you get into after it had finished? [Re: supersal1]
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
See, I never could get into the Wire. I got halfway through season 1 and realized I didn't care if I missed something while taking a bathroom break, so stopped watching.

Editor for Television Category

#1050085 - Mon Jun 23 2014 06:41 PM Re: What did you get into after it had finished? [Re: Copago]
DireWolf74 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Illinois USA
No, it's not for everyone. It was kind of hard for me to get into at first. I had to watch a few of the early episodes more than once before I really got hooked.

#1050164 - Tue Jun 24 2014 11:40 AM Re: What did you get into after it had finished? [Re: Copago]
Gil_Galad Offline
Participant

Loc: Greece
Breaking Bad was a brilliant show, but it was boring at times to watch because it was virtually humorless. Most recently I watched Episodes. Fun to watch, but very few episodes.

Moderator:  ladymacb29, SilverMoonsong