Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#105670 - Sat Feb 12 2000 08:18 AM How to answer a correction to a quiz
finlady Offline
Explorer

Loc: Marinette, WI. USA
I just submitted a quiz on Authors. Someone wrote and said I gave in the question the authors real name instead of like the rest the pen name. It is #7 pen name I wrote was Charlotte Bronte, then the mulitiple choices were:Action Bell, Carter Bell, Ellis Bell and one other. All the sources I've read the Bronte's real name is Bell. If I am wrong please give me a reference. I don't want to edit the question unless I am sure. Thank you

#105671 - Sat Feb 12 2000 01:32 PM Re: How to answer a correction to a quiz
CellarDoor Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Seattle
Washington USA
According to Encyclopedia Britannica 1993, Charlotte Bronte's pen name was Currer Bell. She and her sisters, who were actually Brontes, published under the Bell names because they thought that, in the early 19th century, they could not be published as the women they were -- too scandalous.
Hope this helps.

------------------

#105672 - Sat Feb 12 2000 01:32 PM Re: How to answer a correction to a quiz
Terry Online   FT-blank
Head Honcho

Loc: USA
I'm going to add a generic messaging interface, where you will be able to reply to messages or send msgs to any player. Messages will have a lifetime of 1 month (they will automatically be deleted as soon as they're 1 month old).

Terry

#105673 - Sat Feb 12 2000 04:36 PM Re: How to answer a correction to a quiz
McGruff Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Northumberland Virginia USA 
CURRER, ELLIS, AND ACTON BELL
(Charlotte, Emily and Anne Bronte) http://sailor.gutenberg.org/by-author/br11.html

#105674 - Wed Feb 16 2000 08:35 PM Re: How to answer a correction to a quiz
finlady Offline
Explorer

Loc: Marinette, WI. USA
Thank you! I had two sources that had it opposite, but then thanks to you all clarifing it for me I think my others were wrong. I looked into other references and saw that I was wrong. I will edit the question
Thanks

Moderator:  agony