Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#105730 - Sat Mar 04 2000 03:47 AM Quiz error problem
crisw Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: California USA
Today, my young niece was taking one of my quizzes (dogs1- " Dog Breeds in the Sporting Group" while I watched. To my surprise, I saw that one of the answers she had that was definitely incorrect (after all, I wrote the quiz!) was recorded as correct. Curious, I tried the quiz myself, making deliberate errors, including the same error that she made. The error (stating that the Irish Setter was the largest setter, instead of the correct answer of Gordon Setter) was again marked as correct, as was an incorrect answer to another question (stating that the Field Spaniel, instead of the American Cocker Spaniel, was the smallest sporting dog). What is causing this error?

------------------
Cris Waller
CrisW@ix.netcom.com

#105731 - Sat Mar 04 2000 01:43 PM Re: Quiz error problem
Terry Offline
Head Honcho

Loc: USA
The problem is that there are 2 marking algorithms.. One for MC questions, and one for fill in blank. Fill in the blank questions are marked more leniently, to allow for possible spelling mistakes and partial matching. I think right now even the MC is on partial matching, so sometimes they may be marked correctly when they are wrong. That will be fixed as soon as the challenge is done.

T

#105732 - Sat Mar 04 2000 01:56 PM Re: Quiz error problem
crisw Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: California USA
Thanks. Both of the questions that I am mentioning are multiple-choice, and both are two-word answers in which *one* of the words of the incorrect answer is correct, so I understand....

------------------
Cris Waller
CrisW@ix.netcom.com

Moderator:  agony