Rules
Terms of Use

Page 11 of 19 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#106394 - Thu Feb 26 2009 02:48 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: guitargoddess]
Midget40 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Perth Western Australia       
Thats true, I was thinking of the very simple, basic ones I write which have nothing at all in common with my other quizs!

I was just frustrated recently because I submitted a brain teaser which went on line. I then submitted another quiz that took 4 weeks to get online - and no it wasn't bad (I got it online first go) but it had been changed catagories, then resaved so kept going back to the end of the queue and it was in one of the popular catagies.

During that four weeks others wrote the same type of brain teasers to mine that were very similar to ones I had written and had ready to submit so I had to scrap them all which was really annoying.

I guess this set of circumstances is not common but it just had me thinking because I couldn't see a rationale for me not being able to submit the rest of the brain teasers while I was waiting on the other quiz.

I do have some 'grammer issues' at times but this is not a problem in my brain teasers. So that where that comment originated

#106395 - Thu Feb 26 2009 11:46 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: Midget40]
crisw Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: California USA
Trust me, Brain Teasers may be different, but if anything they require a lot MORE editing than the average quiz. Plenty of people do put lots of info in them; just because you don't have to doesn't mean that no one does!

I am actually trying to formulate fair rules to reduce the number of overly simple BT quizzes submitted. For example, I've asked Drop a Letter authors to submit just one quiz every 2 weeks. Once a category starts to look easy, people flood me with the things!

Edited by crisw (Thu Feb 26 2009 11:46 AM)

#106396 - Thu Feb 26 2009 01:48 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: crisw]
jonnowales Offline
Prolific

Loc: Swansea
Wales UK
I tend to put info in my Brain Teasers quizzes and many others do too, I know that you don't have to however. I tend to rate BT quizzes with info a lot more generously than those without. If a quiz has no info - it is limited to an average rating in my system.

Cris, I think limiting the DaL quizzes to one every two weeks is a good idea. I know you weren't looking for any opinions on it but I thought I would jump in and give one anyway

#106397 - Sun Jun 14 2009 03:00 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: Linda1]
moondog83013 Offline
Participant

Loc: Harrison Michigan USA
I was pointed here to read this as I was asking about how long it takes to get a quiz online.

I have had mine in the 'submitted' mode for about 2 weeks now and was just wondering.

My quiz is in Literature/Sci-Fi

dog

#106398 - Sun Jun 14 2009 10:23 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: moondog83013]
kyleisalive Online   FT-cool
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
It's in there. The Literature category, at the moment, is quite full. You probably won't be waiting much longer though it appears that your quiz has only been in line for six days. Perhaps you've been making changes to it while it's been submitted?

#106399 - Sun Jul 12 2009 10:41 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: kyleisalive]
PDAZ Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Phoenix Arizona USA           
I'm getting the following error when checking for the current queue time estimates:

The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
Please contact the website administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.

Error Occurred While Processing Request
File not found: /qsoze.cfm

Resources:
Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)
Remote Address 68.228.233.59
Referrer http://www.funtrivia.com/ql.cfm?cat=3533
Date/Time 12-Jul-09 11:39 PM

Stack Trace (click to expand)

coldfusion.runtime.TemplateNotFoundException: File not found: /qsoze.cfm
at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:89)
at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:70)
at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)
at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:46)
at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:175)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89)
at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:86)
at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46)
at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94)
at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java:101)
at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:284)
at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)
at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:203)
at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320)
at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266)
at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

Also, is it possible to post them somewhere else? They're rather hidden (unless they're posted somewhere I don't know about...)

#106400 - Mon Jul 13 2009 01:56 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: PDAZ]
doublemm Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Lancashire England UK
I think this might be the link you're after PDAZ...

http://www.funtrivia.com/qsize.cfm

sorry but I don't know where to find it on the site.

#106401 - Mon Jul 13 2009 03:14 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: doublemm]
guitargoddess Offline

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
I don't think you can find it on the site anymore, since the 'old profile page' link has disappeared. I haven't been able to find another link, anyway. (Except perhaps if you go to FAQ or some kind of 'getting started' page referring to writing quizzes, I believe there's a 'you can click here for an estimated wait time' link).

But I find it easiest to just type in the url.

#106402 - Mon Jul 13 2009 03:32 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: guitargoddess]
jonnowales Offline
Prolific

Wales UK
If you click on the "My Quizzes" link on the bar that also says "Welcome xxx", "Logout" and "My Home" - you will see a link that says "Queue Status" - this will give you the waiting times for each category.

#106403 - Mon Jul 13 2009 03:43 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: jonnowales]
guitargoddess Offline

I see 'Welcome', I see 'logout'... I don't see 'My Home' or 'My Quizzes'...

#106404 - Mon Jul 13 2009 04:10 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: guitargoddess]
jonnowales Offline
Prolific

Wales UK
Really :O

This is what I see:

Welcome jonnowales · [Logout] · My Home · My Quizzes || Main Index · Search · Who's Online · FAQ

#106405 - Mon Jul 13 2009 04:14 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: jonnowales]
demurechicky Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Leeds West Yorkshire UK       
GG, It's on the Forum header, not the main page...

#106406 - Mon Jul 13 2009 04:15 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: demurechicky]
guitargoddess Offline

OH! Thanks, chicky that clears it up. lol

#106407 - Mon Jul 13 2009 04:17 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: guitargoddess]
jonnowales Offline
Prolific

Wales UK
Oh sorry GG and thanks DC

#106408 - Mon Jul 13 2009 04:20 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: jonnowales]
demurechicky Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Leeds West Yorkshire UK       
I just swapped a quiz today, as I realised that due to some of the questions, it was in the wrong category...and the waiting time is longer! C'est la vie, patience is a virtue lol

#106409 - Mon Nov 16 2009 11:33 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: Linda1]
Englizzie Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Tulsa Oklahoma USA          
Oh where. oh where has my little quiz gone, Oh where, oh where can it be. Hobbies cat., corrected and returned 11/10. 'Tea and Sympathy ......' etc.

Asking most respectfully.

Lizzie

#106410 - Mon Nov 16 2009 03:14 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: Englizzie]
skunkee Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Burlington Ontario Canada  
It probably would be better to send a private note to the editor who worked on it with you, rather than post in a thread about it!

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#106411 - Mon Nov 16 2009 03:21 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: skunkee]
Englizzie Offline
Enthusiast

I will take your advice. I really just want to follow correct protocol here.

Thank you.

Englizzie

#106412 - Mon Nov 16 2009 09:49 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: Englizzie]
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
I can't speak for the editors in the Hobbies category.

However, for me, correct protocol would be to, first, make sure the quiz actually was resubmitted. You can do this by looking at your "my quizzes - edit" screen - it will say "submitted" if the quiz is in the queue.

Second, I'd then assume that if the quiz hasn't been gotten to yet, it would be because there were other quizzes ahead of it in line, or because the editors were busy with real life and unable to edit, or because there were issues with the quiz that needed time to deal with.

As a very general rule "Why haven't you edited my quiz yet?" is not really a very useful question to ask. As long as the quiz is in tthe queue, someone will get to it as soon as possible.

#106413 - Mon Nov 16 2009 10:19 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: agony]
Englizzie Offline
Enthusiast

I did do all the necessary things to ascertain the status of the quiz. By contacting the editor in question today, I was able to learn that there were personal issues delaying the process.

I understand that Editors must, so often, feel pressured and unnecessarily put upon, but some of us are quite big and grown up people, who like to ask questions. Everyone is fallible at some time.

Lizzie

#106414 - Tue Nov 17 2009 12:36 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: Englizzie]
shuehorn Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Lawrenceville Georgia USA     
Yes, we are all adults, but I think that some people don't realize that the editors and everyone else who posts a quiz or does something to make FT better, is a volunteer. So it's not a matter of being fallible, it's a matter of having the time to dedicate to something out of the goodness of one's heart.

#106415 - Tue Nov 17 2009 01:46 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: shuehorn]
Englizzie Offline
Enthusiast

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.

Winston Churchill

Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation’s compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain love for one another.

Erma Bombeck

#106416 - Tue Nov 17 2009 09:25 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: Englizzie]
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Orosi Costa Rica              
Hear, hear, shuehorn

Edited by MadMags (Tue Nov 17 2009 09:26 AM)

#106417 - Wed Nov 18 2009 01:30 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: MadMags]
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Loc: California USA
I wasn't quite sure what had happened as I hadn't seen it the first time I checked and then, I succumbed to what may have been the H1N1 for about a week or so and couldn't get around to much editing.

Agony is right that many times the quiz hasn't been resubmitted.

#106418 - Wed Nov 18 2009 06:40 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: Bruyere]
adawaz Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Guildford Western Australia   
Been a victim of H1N1 myself . Not much fun. 6 weeks later and still only operating at 80 percent max. I feel for you Bruyere and wish you a speedy recovery. Forget the editing and look after yourself. Love and best wishes. Alegna

Page 11 of 19 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  agony, gtho4