#106194 - Wed Aug 13 2003 05:15 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time
Andy713 Offline
Forum Adept

He might have made a mistake there.

#106195 - Thu Aug 14 2003 10:11 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time
Free_will Offline
Explorer

Loc: Burnley, England
My previous two quizzes on music, both went online after only one correction notice, does that make my quizzes further up in the list?

Preferably could a music editor answer this, but anyone will do.

#106196 - Thu Aug 14 2003 02:09 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
No, it does not make you a better author, necessarily.

Editor for Television Category

#106197 - Thu Aug 14 2003 02:34 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time
Free_will Offline
Explorer

Loc: Burnley, England
I meant does it get me a better reputation and would editors choose my quizzes before others who have to be sent a few correction notices?

#106198 - Thu Aug 14 2003 02:54 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time
ladymacb29 Offline

Free - I said not necessarily. It could, but the ratings go throughout the entire website. And although it's fairly easy for a rating to go down, we don't raise them so quickly.

#106199 - Thu Aug 14 2003 06:23 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time
ozzz2002 Offline

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia        
Free Will,

I am an Editor (not in music), and a large proportion of the quizzes I edit go online after one (or no) correction notes.

Reading guidelines, and playing quizzes in your selected category helps both the authors and the editors.

Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#106200 - Thu Aug 14 2003 06:55 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time
DakotaNorth Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Philadelphia Pennsylvania USA
Will,

Just because you have two quizzes online in the same category, does not mean that all your quizzes site wide will immediately go online.

Each category has its own set of guidelines...and it is to your advantage to read the guidelines for the category in which you want to create quizzes.

#106201 - Thu Aug 28 2003 10:29 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time
halfbakedangi Offline
Prolific

Loc: Kolkata India                 
I am getting a bit confused in "This is not an error" button so I'll illustrate it with a example.

Suppose I get a correction message from someone who is pointing out something wrong. But I am sure that it is absolutely right. I reply and tell the sender in a nice way. Then what do I do with the correction message ? Do I click "Error corrected" or "This is not an error"?

#106202 - Thu Aug 28 2003 10:51 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time
ladymacb29 Offline

Well, if there was something wrong with your quiz that you fixed you click on corrected. But if there was nothing wrong, you click on 'not an error' as there was nothing wrong with your quiz.

#106203 - Thu Aug 28 2003 10:55 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time
halfbakedangi Offline
Prolific

Thank you, ladymacb.

#106204 - Sat Sep 20 2003 02:09 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time
halfbakedangi Offline
Prolific

Here I am, again popping up like a bad penny. But I've got another question.

Recently, in this thread, one of the editors mentioned that when they see an particular quizmaker in their quiz making queue, they know that that quizmaker has made interesting quizzes in the past and they will check his/her quiz first. I was wondering, does the editor evaluate his past quizzes on how highly they are ranked or on the editor's own experience.

#106205 - Sat Sep 20 2003 02:19 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time
achernar Offline
Prolific

Loc: Mumbai India                  
Angi, I think it's probably based on the Editor's previous experiences with that particular quiz-maker, not based on ranking (at least I hope not!). Some of the best-written quizzes I've seen have gotten awful ranks (which just shows that democracy isn't infallible!).

#106206 - Sat Sep 20 2003 02:58 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time
halfbakedangi Offline
Prolific

I was thinking that too, Harish. I just wanted an confirmation. So can an editor confirm it for me.

#106207 - Sat Sep 20 2003 03:33 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time
JuniorTheJaws Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South Philadelphia PA USA    
Angi,

Not all editors edit in the exact same manner, but if there is a quiz by a quiz creator waiting in line, that said editor has had previous experience with (i.e., well-formatted questions, ample/factual interesting information, few to no typos or grammatical errors, etc, etc.), then those quizzes are usually the first to be placed online by said editors.

But for the most part, if the quizmaker has proven in the past that he/she is ready, willing, and able to work with the editing staff, then yes, in most cases a quizmaker of that caliber will have their quizzes placed online more quickly.

------------
Agnes (JTJ)

#106208 - Sat Sep 20 2003 04:01 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time
halfbakedangi Offline
Prolific

Thank you, Jtj, you have cleared a lot of my doubts. From now on, I'll really try to make good quizzes with plenty of interesting info. (I won't succeed, of course)

#106209 - Sat Sep 20 2003 04:37 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time
JuniorTheJaws Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South Philadelphia PA USA    
Angi,

Learning how to make quizzes is a slow process....the editing staff started out the same way, we had to learn and follow advice given to us by editors as well. A good quizmaker is not born overnight...it takes time.

If I see a quizmaker is willing to listen to and follow the advice given in correction notes, no doubt I bend over backwards to given them all the help possible...as do the other editors.

That is why the editing staff is here...to help make you (and everyone else) the best quizmaker that you possibly can be.

The editors know what will work and what will not work and we give quizmakers the benefit of our experience....some choose to take our advice and others do not. But, no matter what, we are here to help get the best possible product online.

------------
Agnes (JTJ)

Edited by JuniorTheJaws (Sat Sep 20 2003 04:40 AM)

#106210 - Tue Jun 12 2007 02:28 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: JuniorTheJaws]
curinfinwe Offline
Participant

Loc: Dartmouth Nova Scotia Canada
Hi! I submitted a quiz more than 2 weeks ago in the "People" category, and I still haven't recieved any reply about it. I have 3 quizzes online, one of which was accepted without a correction notice at all. I've never received a correction for spelling or grammar. And, now I'm worried that I've submitted it in the wrong category and will have to re-submit it and wait for a long time again after an editor sees it. I have other quizzes ready to submit, but I can only submit one quiz at a time.
Are there any editors from the People category who would tell me anything about the status of the quiz?
It's called "Everest Firsts"
Thanks in advance!

Edited by curinfinwe (Tue Jun 12 2007 02:30 PM)

#106211 - Tue Jun 12 2007 02:46 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: curinfinwe]
Leau Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Nijmegen/Brisbane
Hi curinfinwe, I'm not editing in the People category but I checked the queue for you. Your quiz shows as having been submitted on June 8th and there are still a few quizzes ahead in the queue of yours. Please note that - although it's perfectly fine to make changes to a quiz after it's been submitted - every time you save it, it will be put back to the end of the queue.

Leau, editor

#106212 - Tue Jun 12 2007 04:08 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: Leau]
curinfinwe Offline
Participant

Leau,
Thanks for checking the queu for me. However, I KNOW it was not submitted then. When I go to edit it, it says that I submitted it on May 27th. I haven't made any changes since then, as far as I know.
Thanks!

P.S. I like the koala avatar!

#106213 - Tue Jun 12 2007 05:01 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: Leau]
ladymacb29 Offline

It was originally submitted on the 27th of May. However, the latest date the quiz was saved was June 8th. So either you or an editor made changes, but I couldn't see a change having been made by anyone on the quiz's log. Even a quick look into the quiz edit screen to double-check things and then hitting the save button on habit 'restarts' the clock on the quiz.

#106214 - Tue Jun 12 2007 11:07 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: ladymacb29]
Leau Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Nijmegen/Brisbane
Quote:

P.S. I like the koala avatar!

Thanks!

#106215 - Wed Jun 13 2007 05:11 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: Leau]
curinfinwe Offline
Participant

Oh. Thanks!

#106216 - Sat Jul 14 2007 02:03 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: Linda1]
trevor1968 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Shearstown Newfoundland Canada
Hi,

I understand that I can only submit one quiz at a time. However, I am worried because I have 3 other quizzes waiting to be submitted. I am afraid that because of the wait time the 3 quizzes that I have ready to be submitted will be deleted because they will be there for over a month. Please can someone tell me what to do so that my quizzes that are waiting to be submitted won't be deleted.
Thank You
Trevor

#106217 - Sat Jul 14 2007 02:09 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: trevor1968]
guitargoddess Offline

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
You can put "Please don't delete" in the quiz title, if you're very concerned about it.

#106218 - Sat Jul 14 2007 02:18 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: guitargoddess]
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
Or, you can just go into the edit screen once a month or so, and then save the quiz. That "restarts the clock".

While you have one quiz waiting in the queue, that is a good time to polish your not yet submitted quizzes - do a little more research, give it one more proofing, etc.

Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  agony, gtho4