Rules
Terms of Use

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 ... 32 33 >
Topic Options
#1061511 - Tue Aug 26 2014 10:33 PM Minor Issues
HairyBear Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Florida USA
My complaint today is too minor to warrant a whole thread to itself, and I couldn't find a thread that it seemed to fit, so I'm making a minor issues thread anyone can use.

Minor issue for today: On the Game Results page for the team, in the line for Hourly: Avg (New Player) Mixed Bag game, aka Mixed Trivia, it lists the number correct as x/15. It's only a 10 question game. See? Minor.

#1061616 - Wed Aug 27 2014 10:51 AM Re: Minor Issues [Re: HairyBear]
Terry Offline

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
A useful thread... these are the sort of things that I prefer to let queue up for a while and then clean out all at once. Much more efficient! So a thread for this sort of thing is a good idea.

#1061635 - Wed Aug 27 2014 12:10 PM Re: Minor Issues [Re: HairyBear]
gracious1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: New York USA
I got an email at 11:12 a.m. saying that I won the Emerald Knockout badgelet, but no email for the Ruby Knockout badgelet, even though the award appears on my profile page. (I am talking about the internal Notes system). A minor disappointment, but one that I hope can be fixed.

UPDATE: The email appeared. Issue resolved. Thanks!

Edited by gracious1 (Wed Aug 27 2014 12:13 PM)

#1061636 - Wed Aug 27 2014 12:11 PM Re: Minor Issues [Re: HairyBear]
rossian Offline

Loc: Merseyside UK 
The Who's the Smartest Game still says this:

Quote:
Who's the Smartest runs a Mixed Game once every hour.

although it hasn't been true for a long time.

#1061689 - Wed Aug 27 2014 02:02 PM Re: Minor Issues [Re: HairyBear]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
After playing the Daily Team Heroes game, the message at the top of the screen on which you see the correct answers and extra information reads
Quote:
Quiz Results for The Hourly heroes Game!

#1061707 - Wed Aug 27 2014 02:57 PM Re: Minor Issues [Re: HairyBear]
MiraJane Offline
Prolific

The text for Pot of Gold Wednesday badgelet says the game runs on Tuesdays.

Awarded to a player winning Pot of Gold in his/her division in the Culture category, appearing on Tuesdays The Pot of Gold daily game is a special feature for Gold Members. This is a gold member challenge

#1061805 - Wed Aug 27 2014 10:35 PM Re: Minor Issues [Re: HairyBear]
ssabreman Offline
Prolific

Loc: Ontario Canada
On the Team vs Team page,

This chartis updated once every 10 minutes.

#1061806 - Wed Aug 27 2014 11:35 PM Re: Minor Issues [Re: HairyBear]
nautilator Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Oh cool.

a) the # of quizzes has been at 110,000 for quite some time now.
b) in the Global Challenge, many of the newer specialized quiz categories show up as blanks in the results page.
c) the record stats displayed on the main Team Heroes page does not update any more.
d) under the menus, ? > Earning Badges just redirects the page, because the link needs to be updated.
e) menus, ? > Multiple Accounts & Cheating results in a page not found error.
f) menus, ? > What is Gold Membership, the Full Feature List lists Select Quiz Length as something that's possible. It apparently hasn't been for some time.
g) on the main page, for gold members, some of the items do not show the green check of completion even when they are done (can't see them any more, my membership just went out)
h) the image of the double black flag mini has the flags stacked in a reverse order, compared to all the other double flag minis (compare the pictures to see what I mean).
i) the "report an error" button is broken in the Obscurity game.
j) realistically, the Triathlon is probably not "new" any more.
k) the Reproduction and Genetics category (380) is presented with a picture of a tank.
l) the main Funtrivia page says there are "90,000" quizzes to play.
m) the Detailed Breakdown (goldstats.cfm) page has what is apparently the old way of determining quiz rank and difficultys at the bottom of the page.
n) not exactly a bug, but the World Game has a My Team results list listing teammates stats, while Pot of Gold has no such page.

I'm pretty sure there are others, but can't think of them, at the moment. Cheers smile

update: yeah, another. The Games menu when viewed while here, on these forums, does not show the Daily Challenge item. It does through the rest of the site.

Edited by nautilator (Wed Aug 27 2014 11:37 PM)

#1061822 - Thu Aug 28 2014 01:35 AM Re: Minor Issues [Re: HairyBear]
WesleyCrusher Offline

Administrator

Loc: Germany
The intro on the challenges page could use an update to add the Amethyst Dojo and Obsidian Tunnels (first and next to last, respectively) - and it should probably read "eleven halls", not seven (the eight gems, intro, prismatic and annex)

Edited to provide updated wording in one place:

Quote:

Welcome to FunTrivia's Tower of Challenges!

It features eleven halls with [number] challenges - some large, some small, some tough and some easy. While every player can attempt every one of the challenges, we recommend that you concentrate on those appropriate for your experience level because you may otherwise just end up frustrated.

The Intro Challenge hall is the place for beginners to familiarize themselves with the site and get some early successes. You will receive bonus points for each of those challenges and they'll quickly add up to help you earn your first few levels.

Beyond the Intro Challenges, there are, in order of ascending difficulty: Amethyst Dojo, Topaz Hall, Garnet Complex, Emerald Cave, Sapphire Caverns, the Ruby Dungeons, the Obsidian Tunnels and, the toughest of them all, the Diamond Dome.

Choose whichever you like - you don't have to complete one level before trying the next and if your very first badge is a trophy from the Diamond Dome, more power to you!

Edited by WesleyCrusher (Thu Aug 28 2014 01:36 AM)

#1061852 - Thu Aug 28 2014 07:21 AM Re: Minor Issues [Re: HairyBear]
Anton Offline
Mainstay

Loc: California USA
What about that quiz chart in profiles being able to be updated for those with a lot of quizzes played?

#1061882 - Thu Aug 28 2014 11:52 AM Re: Minor Issues [Re: HairyBear]
butters9 Offline
Participant

Loc: Mississippi USA
The Games menu on the Home page doesn't list the New Questions game. Also, when you're playing Quick Quiz, the link for Daily Challenges disappears from the Games menu. shocked

#1061889 - Thu Aug 28 2014 12:50 PM Re: Minor Issues [Re: HairyBear]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
If you click on My Stats & Ranks, then go to Detailed Breakdown, then you can find a list of quizzes at the bottom of the page--titled "Your Quizzes". There are several mistakes and since this information with accurate details can be found two other places (the profile and clicking on "My Quizzes: Edit"), it's probably just a good idea to get rid of that table.

#1062040 - Fri Aug 29 2014 01:14 PM Re: Minor Issues [Re: HairyBear]
CmdrK Offline
Prolific

Loc: Nevada USA
The 'New' designation for team quizzes on the team info section could probably be removed.

#1062045 - Fri Aug 29 2014 01:41 PM Re: Minor Issues [Re: HairyBear]
Buddy1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Arkansas USA
Same thing with the Ascension Quest.

#1062104 - Fri Aug 29 2014 05:53 PM Re: Minor Issues [Re: Anton]
nautilator Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Anton
What about that quiz chart in profiles being able to be updated for those with a lot of quizzes played?

That was updated some time ago -- you're able to do it once per day now.

===
Some of the quiz charts are off. They will show as 15 questions when there are 10, or not have a chart at all. Here are two of mine as examples:

http://www.funtrivia.com/trivia-quiz/History/Its-All-Egyptian-to-Me-362920.html
http://www.funtrivia.com/trivia-quiz/People/The-Great-Wizard-of-Oddity-364621.html

#1062106 - Fri Aug 29 2014 06:15 PM Re: Minor Issues [Re: nautilator]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
Originally Posted By: nautilator
Originally Posted By: Anton

That was updated some time ago -- you're able to do it once per day now.

Really? I just tried and got the same old message about having played too many quizzes.

#1062108 - Fri Aug 29 2014 06:28 PM Re: Minor Issues [Re: HairyBear]
nautilator Offline
Enthusiast

That's curious, as I know we had a thread at some point where it was brought up and supposedly updated so you could do that once per day. Maybe something went wrong.

#1062114 - Fri Aug 29 2014 07:10 PM Re: Minor Issues [Re: HairyBear]
maninmidohio Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Newark Ohio USA               
Terry can trigger an update of that chart. But because of the burden it places on the server it is only done periodically (usually after someone reminds Terry it has not been done in a while.)

#1062373 - Sun Aug 31 2014 12:29 PM Re: Minor Issues [Re: HairyBear]
mehaul Online   content
Forum Champion

Minor trouble; On Profile pages for people who haven't been around in quite a while, everyday their daily points show some earned points that haven't really been earned nor ever get added to their total points. This appears in the 'Level' data box (second box down when avatar shows to the left). example for a person who hasn't been around in a year: Points Today: 500, Yesterday: 0.
I know you've explained the reason this occurs in some past posting but that still leaves it as erroneous data appearing on the profile pages. When points show up on a day, has that person actually signed in or is it the error showing?

Edited by mehaul (Sun Aug 31 2014 12:30 PM)

The ultimate activity is the Dream.

#1062375 - Sun Aug 31 2014 12:53 PM Re: Minor Issues [Re: mehaul]
MiraJane Offline
Prolific

Originally Posted By: mehaul
Minor trouble; On Profile pages for people who haven't been around in quite a while, everyday their daily points show some earned points that haven't really been earned nor ever get added to their total points. This appears in the 'Level' data box (second box down when avatar shows to the left). example for a person who hasn't been around in a year: Points Today: 500, Yesterday: 0.
I know you've explained the reason this occurs in some past posting but that still leaves it as erroneous data appearing on the profile pages. When points show up on a day, has that person actually signed in or is it the error showing?

They might have been awarded points for getting new mini badges, such as the new Knockout ones. Since each mini badge is worth 250 points, the profile you are referring to may have gotten both the Emerald and Ruby Knockout badgelets.

#1062378 - Sun Aug 31 2014 01:24 PM Re: Minor Issues [Re: HairyBear]
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
Good idea, here's mine which was from last month which totally mystified me. I played the Lord of Obscurity for the badge in June which was also won by Kevalex34 but when I checked the annual rating for the year in July he was already on it (at the top) having played 456 games although the bold lettering showed he had only won the badge the previous month. In all the other games you only begin collecting a rating when you've become a champion so how did he get on the rating page with around a whole year's plays without it? Nothing personal or suggesting anything dubious, this is an FT system mystery not a personal one by an individual.

UN IPCC

#1062379 - Sun Aug 31 2014 01:34 PM Re: Minor Issues [Re: HairyBear]
mehaul Online   content
Forum Champion

MiraJane, did you miss the part where I said "everyday"? This is not an occasional happening like when new badges come into being. There are many high level players who haven't been around in years that show a daily pointage but whose overall point total never changes. If I recall it is a shadow of the calculations done to award Daily Class Leaders points (But don't hold me to it). Thanks for the attempt to help me understand FT but this thread I thought was to post little quirks that trouble the membership, not to come in and tell that member how they are wrong in their perceptions.

#1062381 - Sun Aug 31 2014 01:46 PM Re: Minor Issues [Re: HairyBear]
MiraJane Offline
Prolific

Sorry, oh one that knows all. By the time I waded thru your post, my brain blocked out the beginning of it.

Why are you daily checking the profiles of people that haven't been here for a while anyway?

#1062404 - Sun Aug 31 2014 04:06 PM Re: Minor Issues [Re: HairyBear]
mehaul Online   content
Forum Champion

Fair question. But not needing the consumption of space to what should be a gig list for Terry to use during fine tuning. In other words, you've strayed from the thread topic to attack my observations of where improvements might be made. Yet. I'll offer a reply. I often reflect on my point standing and rank on FT. Mostly those players ahead of me are current but often they have been absent for years. In doing so I've seen the un-added points on the profiles of players I am trailing in the ranks. I have teammates who have these phantom points showing daily on their profile page. Many times in other threads it has been mentioned to occur, not just by me. I believe a possible cause, as explained by your team leader, was that it had to do with a crossover glitch moving from one day to the next. Perhaps WC could address the point on your team message boards and provide you with more background than I can?
Really, Terry. How do you allow so blatant an insult as one member addressing another "Sorry, oh one that knows all"? I made a post that was in keeping with the spirit of the thread and have to read this attack on my person?

#1062405 - Sun Aug 31 2014 04:13 PM Re: Minor Issues [Re: HairyBear]
kyleisalive Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Quote:
Thanks for the attempt to help me understand FT but this thread I thought was to post little quirks that trouble the membership, not to come in and tell that member how they are wrong in their perceptions.

Mira's possibility is justified (at least to me), as one option for phantom points, just as yours could be. I don't even know what would be causing it, so maybe Terry or Wes or someone said something that I didn't read. As far as I knew, class bonuses were very much done away with.

Quote:
But not needing the consumption of space to what should be a gig list for Terry to use during fine tuning. In other words, you've strayed from the thread topic to attack my observations of where improvements might be made. Yet. I'll offer a reply.

If you know it's wrong, then why use this space to post it? Why not send Mira a personal message? Please (both of you, and everyone else), let's use this thread for its intended purpose.

Edited by kyleisalive (Sun Aug 31 2014 04:51 PM)
Edit Reason: Fixed last sentence.

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 ... 32 33 >

Moderator:  Terry