Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 8 of 19 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#106319 - Sun Oct 05 2008 05:08 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: Rowena8482]
Nightmare Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Texas USA
Quote:

Plus, the editors are all Volunteers, they do the editing because they WANT to, not because they get paid, or get anything at all out of it, other than headaches and the satisfaction of seeing the site successful - and hopefully a word of thanks every so often....

Thanks Rowena. It is not just the editors. There are a bevy of people in here as moderators, tipping comp people, and others. We are all one. We do not get paid with any compensation, except the feelings and satisfaction that we help so many, and at times it can be pretty tough working with some people that have no clue. I pretty much blow off comments made by those that are unqualified to do so, and just throw out unjustified negativity. This particular person who caught my eye has played only 44 quizzes in almost 6 months, never attempted to author a quiz, but yet 'shakes their head'. Isn't it amazing on how people can judge others when they've been barefooted all their life? I can speak from personal experience, that every editor and moderator is more than the stereotypical 'dedicated' to this site. There are always those who don't even have a little glimpse of everything that the staff does in here, who are not qualified to make even a keystroke comment about it, but yet feel they have a qualified voice. No problem Rowena. I brush them off like dandruff. Thanks. :-)

#106320 - Sun Oct 05 2008 06:21 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: Nightmare]
jonnowales Offline
Prolific

Loc: Swansea,UK
Quote:

I brush them off like dandruff. Thanks. :-)

#106321 - Tue Oct 14 2008 04:46 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: Linda1]
funnybuni Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Florida USA
This thread is so incredibely helpful - I have only 2 quizzes online. My first one had to have a lot of corrections and my second, two or three. I hope that my next only needs one or two (I'm not going to get my hopes any higher than that!).

#106322 - Sat Oct 18 2008 07:24 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: Linda1]
jp1991 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
I would just like to know why there have not been many videogame quizzes placed online lately. Is it due to poor quality submissions, or is a specialized person needed for certain topics?

#106323 - Sun Oct 19 2008 01:59 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: jp1991]
kyleisalive Online   FT-cool
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Hi jp1991, recently I have been working at my university midterms and have not had the time to jump into either of my queues to edit. As well, because many of our younger contributors have made their way back to school over the past month, there has been a slight decrease in submissions over the past little bit of time. Rest assured, quizzes will be edited, I plan to get most of them edited today before I start an eight page paper on Rhetoric...yay. Rhetoric. My favourite.

Keep your eye on the new quizzes list; there will be some over the next little while.

#106324 - Sat Oct 25 2008 06:56 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: kyleisalive]
funnybuni Offline
Enthusiast

I just want to say;

A). The editors get through submissions surprisingly FAST. It is quite amazing, actually, that they aren't chained to their computers to get it all done! Good job, all!

B). We need to remember to thank our kind editors! Without authors, yes, the site would not exist. But without the EDITORS, the quizzes would not be worth playing!

C). This thread proves to be most helpful to my quiz making. I have had lots of success my past three quizzes, thanks to studying what advice the editors have given here!

#106325 - Sun Oct 26 2008 02:27 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: funnybuni]
kyleisalive Online   FT-cool
Forum Champion

Loc: Toronto, Canada, eh!
Ironically, I use the site as both a way to spend free time, and a way to keep my mind off the studies I should be doing. Double-edged sword, but I swear it's for the better.

#106326 - Sun Oct 26 2008 05:40 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: kyleisalive]
Nightmare Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Texas USA
You have free time? Please send me some. :-)

#106327 - Sun Oct 26 2008 06:34 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: Nightmare]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Dallas, TX USA              
Quote:

You have free time? Please send me some. :-)

Can I have half of it, Nightmare?

#106328 - Sun Oct 26 2008 08:42 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: dg_dave]
funnybuni Offline
Enthusiast

you guys can have 48% of mine, but I might want it back later.

#106329 - Wed Dec 17 2008 10:44 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: funnybuni]
jp1991 Offline
Explorer

I am sorry if this seems like pestering, but I would like to know who is the editor who covers the common bond subcategory for general so I know who I will be working with. I am sorry if I am being a bit nosy.

#106330 - Wed Dec 17 2008 05:00 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: jp1991]
crisw Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Jamul
California USA
Your quiz hasn't been assigned to an editor yet. It looks like you submitted it on the 14th and again today. Be aware than when you make changes to a quiz after it's in the queue, it "resents the clock" to the date you make the changes; thus your wait can actually be less than you think it is.

#106331 - Wed Dec 17 2008 05:03 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: crisw]
jp1991 Offline
Explorer

Ok thanks, I wasn't sure if it gets assigned to an editor right away or if it was whoever edits it first.

#106332 - Sun Dec 21 2008 03:41 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: Linda1]
poshprice Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Glamorgan UK
I would just like to say that all of the editors do an excellent job editing quizzes. Yes, if we are waiting for our own quiz to be put online it can feel like the longest wait in the world, but just think about the work that goes into editing. There have been occasions when I have felt really impatient, and during those time I try to think of some really exciting topics for me to create a quiz on. I now have 17 quizzes online and I have learnt from every single one them, and from the editors who have guided me. So, I would just like to say thank you to all of the editors and wish everyone a safe and happy holidays.

#106333 - Sun Dec 21 2008 03:49 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: poshprice]
Quiz_Beagle Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Gloucestershire UK
Hear, hear! Special Christmas wishes to all our hard-working Editors!

#106334 - Sun Dec 21 2008 06:43 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: Quiz_Beagle]
IcrPortugal Offline
Participant

Loc: Fort Wayne Indiana USA       
I'm not complaining, I am just wondering. When people sign up for FunTrivia are they assigned a specific editor? I like to make sports quizzes, I have 5 of them online and all of them have been put online or sent back to me by the same editor. Is it like that for a reason or is it sort of like the luck of the draw?
Thanks

#106335 - Sun Dec 21 2008 07:32 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: IcrPortugal]
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
If you look near the top of the page in the various categories, you will see a list of editors in that category. Your editor will be one of them.

Some categories save certain quizzes for certain editors - for example, I edit in the For Children category, but I only do the Kid's Lit quizzes. In other categories, it's just a case of whichever editor happens by taking the first quiz in the queue. Usually, once a quiz has been seen by one editor, that one will continue until the quiz gets online.

#106336 - Sun Dec 21 2008 07:38 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: agony]
IcrPortugal Offline
Participant

Yeah, there are usually 4 or 5 editors in each category. I am happy with the editor I have been getting, but what about the others was my question.

#106337 - Sun Dec 21 2008 07:47 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: IcrPortugal]
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
Each quiz is a new submission, and could be picked up by any editor in that category. We go by quiz, not by author.

#106338 - Sun Dec 21 2008 07:48 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: IcrPortugal]
guitargoddess Offline

Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada         
If all your quizzes are about the same aspect of sports, then it makes sense that the same editor has looked at all of them. Like, if they're all about US Sports, then that's one of Nightmare's areas of expertise, so he would be the one who would look at them.

#106339 - Sun Dec 21 2008 08:17 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: guitargoddess]
IcrPortugal Offline
Participant

Ok, thanks! Even though my quizzes are on European football and Nightmare is the editor I have been getting.

#106340 - Sun Dec 21 2008 08:40 PM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: IcrPortugal]
dg_dave Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Dallas, TX USA              
Quote:

Ok, thanks! Even though my quizzes are on European football and Nightmare is the editor I have been getting.

Nightmare's eloquent on about everything he does, and is very fair. He is extremely knowledgeable on US Sports, as GG said, but he's proficient on other sports as well.

#106341 - Sun Dec 28 2008 11:16 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: Nightmare]
EnglishJedi Offline
Participant

Loc: Southampton England UK    
I now have 50 quizzes online. Most of the time, I send them off and get a note a day or two later to say they've been posted. Sometimes I get a correction back and just occasionally we'll have a real discussion about a particular question.
Universally, though, I would like to thank every Editor for the excellent (and thankless) job that they do on this site and wish every one a Happy New Year.
Long may it continue.

Marc (EnglishJedi)

#106342 - Wed Dec 31 2008 10:38 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: EnglishJedi]
scalar Offline
Participant

Loc: California USA
There doesn't seem to be any other place or more direct way to express my disappointment that my 38th quiz is now in its 8th day waiting for approval.
There were times when I would submit a quiz in the afternoon and see it up in the morning.
This long delay makes me think there may be a glitch somewhere.

#106343 - Wed Dec 31 2008 11:06 AM Re: Quiz Queues .. waiting time [Re: scalar]
spanishliz Online   FT-cool
Star Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
Your quiz is in the appropriate queue, showing a submit date only two days ago. Each time you make even a minor change to your quiz, and resave it, it gets a new date stamp and goes to the end of the queue.

As to a "glitch", it is probably something called "Christmas holidays"

Spanishliz - Editor in Movies, Geography, Sports and Crosswords

Page 8 of 19 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  agony, gtho4