Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#1074020 - Tue Nov 18 2014 12:51 PM Interview with Jazmee27
Pagiedamon Offline

Loc: North Carolina USA
Pagiedamon
What is your hometown of Lebanon, Pennsylvania like? And what's your favorite thing about living there?

Actually, my hometown is Reading--but I have no memory of it. Was just born there (it's a city in Berks County; my grandmother lives nearby in Womelsdorf). Mother and I moved to Cleona (a borough of Lebanon) when I was four; spent most of my young life there. Around age 20 or 21 was really when I moved to Lebanon City. Mom had just bought a two-story house in a peaceful neighborhood. And really, there's not much to do here; a mall, sure, but it's nearly empty of stores. Before I moved out, my friend and I used to shop there--or go to the movie theater behind the mall. But it was too expensive to do that anymore; got bills to pay ... and prices for food keeps going up.

Satguru
What is your education as you clearly know a lot about many things, but I don't know where the official area lies?

No official area ... I dabble in the pursuit of knowledge. Pursuing no college degree.

Satguru
You are very open about your disabilities; how much do they allow you to do in the way of travel and work?

Don't work; neither do I travel. My blindness doesn't hinder my ability for either; adaptations can and have been made. The balance issue--neuropathy---complicates matters. I could work (if I ironed out a few things, bus situation being one). Have come to believe "it's the combination that gets you. One alone can be dealt with; two or more, not so much." In other words, the blindness itself could be accommodated, worked around; same for the balance difficulties. Both together create near insurmountable challenges (and it's so complicated I can't explain better than that).

Bionic4ever
If someone came to you and said they were gradually losing their sight, what advice would you give them?

Look into local resources for the vision impaired and blind. Begin planning for the day you can't see. Make phone calls to said agencies and other resources; even centers for the blind if any are close by. See what funding sources are available. Don't wait for that day it's all gone to make a plan. Be proactive, because once it's gone is when at least a partial plan must be in place; if not, you'll just lose precious time to panic.

Bionic4ever
You are an inspiration to so many more people than you realize! I am wondering... who inspires you?

My mother. She's such a strong character, caring for me as a single mother ... and protecting me from her ex-husband. Sure, I rebelled a lot, but as I grow I'm coming to appreciate her more and more (particularly the quote "I don't negotiate when it comes to safety").

Lesley153
What's been the best thing for you about having your own flat?

I know where things are at all times, and it's all on one floor. No need to walk up or down steps. Freedom to do what I want, when I want. Nobody barging in on me unexpectedly. Hard to choose just one.

Satguru
What are your hopes for romance in the future? You have lots of friends and family around you but have never mentioned a special one?

I'm "single and proud", with no plans to change that. For one, I enjoy my freedom too much to get involved in a relationship.

Lesley153
Tell us about your existing pets. Are you ready for a new pet, and will it be a bird or are you still thinking about it?

It will be a bird, but when I'll be ready is uncertain. I do like Mom's idea of checking into breeders, but I will get another small one, because the bigger ones frighten me.

Lesley153
How is your writing going now? Are you working on one thing or many?

Inspiration comes and goes; a poem here, short story idea there. Some days I feel my creativity is blocked by grief.

Bionic4ever
Have you ever looked into (or thought about) self-publishing a collection of the pieces you've written?

No; I feel that would drain enjoyment from me.

Bionic4ever
How did you first find FunTrivia?

I was searching one day for online quizzes.

Pagiedamon
You've written several quizzes for FunTrivia. Where do you get your quiz ideas?

Mostly from literature I've read recently. A few others on topics of interest to me (logic puzzles, music, vocabulary and names). A few titles (the first few quizzes) were inspired by player/author challenges; the rest were my own brain supplying titles.

Pagiedamon
How did you become the leader of the FunTrivia team the Purple Ninjas?

I wanted to help a friend I'd met on FunTrivia who was a member of Purple Ninjas (her sister started the group). There weren't many members, and the system listed the team as abandoned because the leader hadn't been on in at least four months. So I clicked the link saying I was willing to take responsibility for the team. I thought the name was cool, so I left it as is--but dropped the "the".

Lesley153
You got a really impressive collection of quotations from famous people. Do you have famous quotations? And any favorite people-people you can always rely on to say what you want to hear?

I love a quote from "The Kite Runner" which says, "For you, a thousand times over". (I've memorized that one.) Favorite person: my friend Tiffany. She may not live as close as she once did, but I'm always in her thoughts; as she is in mine.

Bionic4ever
Is there a question you were hoping to see here that no one has asked?

Can't think of any. Thanks so much to all for the time and effort you put into this.

Thanks to all participants.

#1074066 - Tue Nov 18 2014 05:38 PM Re: Interview with Jazmee27
lesley153 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Bedford England�UK���...
There are a lot of great questions I wish I'd thought of asking!

And great answers. Thanks, J. smile

And thanks, Paige, for putting them together.
I appreciate people who are civil, whether they mean it or not. I think: Be civil. Do not cherish your opinion over my feelings. There's a vanity to candor that isn't really worth it. Be kind. ~ Richard Greenberg

#1074073 - Tue Nov 18 2014 09:29 PM Re: Interview with Jazmee27
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury LondonUK
I'm glad you volunteered for the interview, you share so much about yourself already (who does that remind me of! wink ), and that opens the door to more questions to fill in any of the spaces you leave. You have a full and sociable life, and manage to keep positive whatever seems to go on from day to day, which I find is an inspiration to follow. Thanks for your answers and glad I could be of help too!

#1074077 - Tue Nov 18 2014 10:04 PM Re: Interview with Jazmee27
trident Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Wisconsin USA
Nice to learn about our members. I rather enjoyed "The Kite Runner".

Editor: World and General

#1074115 - Wed Nov 19 2014 08:26 AM Re: Interview with Jazmee27
Pagiedamon Offline

Loc: North Carolina USA
I really enjoyed this interview!

#1074166 - Wed Nov 19 2014 04:14 PM Re: Interview with Jazmee27
bionic4ever Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Chocolate City Wisconsin�USA
Wonderful interview; thank you for sharing your insights! And a special thank you for the advice to someone losing their sight. It hasn't happened to me yet but during my exacerbation last year, it seemed that it might. (Steroids brought it back, thankfully.) But I know that it could potentially happen at any time, so I really appreciate your advice.

Edited by bionic4ever (Wed Nov 19 2014 04:14 PM)

Moderator:  Pagiedamon, rossian, sue943