Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#1093626 - Thu Apr 30 2015 08:24 AM Page not loading fully
Emaharg Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Spain
Help!!! Some pages on FT are not loading fully on my PC. Some quizzes will only load as far as Q5 others Q3. It is totally random and does not confine itself to quizzes but other pages on FT as well. Therefore, when playing a quiz I am having to refresh about 4 or 5 times before the quiz loads properly which obviously eats up time and leads to lower scores. Can anyone please suggest something I could try to stop this?

#1093629 - Thu Apr 30 2015 09:10 AM Re: Page not loading fully
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
What about other websites? Are you having similar problems?

Try clearing your browser's cache and browsing history. If you need directions on how to do so, let us know what internet browser you're using.

Editor for Television Category

#1093633 - Thu Apr 30 2015 09:26 AM Re: Page not loading fully
Emaharg Offline
Learning the ropes...

This does not happen on other websites. I am using Google Chrome and I have cleared cache and history.

#1093712 - Thu Apr 30 2015 02:05 PM Re: Page not loading fully
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
Do you have any add-ons?

Editor for Television Category

#1093714 - Thu Apr 30 2015 03:03 PM Re: Page not loading fully
Emaharg Offline
Learning the ropes...

No, not got any add-ons.

#1093725 - Thu Apr 30 2015 04:26 PM Re: Page not loading fully
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Minnesota USA
What OS are you using? Windows 8?

First, when you clear cache and history, you are clearing it from the beginning of time, not just the latest session or day, right? Double check that too.

try creating a new user: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Users > Add new user

Also, might want to make sure the pages load completely in a different browser, like Internet Explorer or Firefox. Just to make sure it's actually a Chrome issue.

#1093734 - Thu Apr 30 2015 05:31 PM Re: Page not loading fully
flopsymopsy Online   content

Administrator

Loc: Northampton England UK
And... to add to pyonir's list, when you clear your cache and history close the browser and reboot the computer so that the next time you open the browser it will force it to open a completely new session.

Essentially, if FT works in a different browser, it's a Chrome problem. If it doesn't work on Chrome, Firefox, or IE then the problem lies elsewhere, i.e. not on your computer at all. In which case I would say what web techies always say: "it's a router". By that they mean that a computer (web server) along the route from you to FT has got a problem with its cache and needs to be rebooted. You can call your ISP about this if you like but if I know ISP techies they will say "we'll look into it, leave it with us and we'll fix it" meaning that they'll do nothing, hoping that time will solve the problem. Which it probably will as more and more users try to access FT via that router the block will clear.

Moderator:  flopsymopsy, ladymacb29