Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#1110624 - Thu Oct 01 2015 06:36 PM iPhone 6s
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
So I got my iPhone 6s on Friday and am enjoying it. I upgraded from a 5 (bought three years ago).

Size: I was unsure if I would like the size, being so used to my 5. My husband has a 6 and he said he didn't notice it after a while and honestly, the 6s still feels a little big for me. For example, when I'm trying to put it to sleep, I keep hitting the volume buttons, which are directly on the other side, by accident.

Battery life: It's a step up from my old phone (which was on its second battery, to be honest). But it's fairly good. Today, I used it fairly heavily and used it as a GPS for at least an hour, and I'm down to 21%. The new battery function to see what apps are using your battery life is helpful.

Speed: This is amazing. It's SOOOO much faster than my 5 was. Definitely something I love!

Force touch: Just tried this and it's interesting. I'll have to play around with it more.

I got the rose gold and bought a case that's clear (with some silver/gold glitter in it) so it looks very pretty.

Editor for Television Category

#1110627 - Thu Oct 01 2015 09:23 PM Re: iPhone 6s
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA  
The biggest thing that is different from an iPhone 5 to the iPhone 6 (or 6s) is the power on/off button is not on top. The size of a 6 to a 6s are one and the same (both are a 4.7" screen).

One drawback (and this is with any Apple "i" product (iPhone, iPad, etc.)) is if something happens and you need someone to look at it, you have to contact an Apple store and make an appointment, otherwise they will not take you.

Which size did you get? (16, 64, or 128)

#1110753 - Fri Oct 02 2015 04:22 PM Re: iPhone 6s
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
I've never not been able to get a Genius appointment to get something fixed and there are two Apple stores convenient to home/work, so it's not that bad for me. I'd also trust the Apple people than some random guy... They do good work in a reasonable amount of time.

I got the 128gb 6S. My husband used to get the smaller sizes, but ended up upgrading last year (from 5 to 6) because he ran out of memory!

Editor for Television Category

#1110775 - Fri Oct 02 2015 08:22 PM Re: iPhone 6s
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA  
Originally Posted By: ladymacb29
I'd also trust the Apple people than some random guy...

Can't say I blame you there. Who better to know an Apple product than an Apple store rep? Some of the reps at phone stores (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, etc.) may know Apple products to a point, but they can also void warranty status if they are not careful, whereas if Apple messes it up, then it is on them. wink

Edited by dg_dave (Fri Oct 02 2015 08:22 PM)

Moderator:  flopsymopsy, ladymacb29