Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#1133507 - Thu Apr 21 2016 12:37 PM RIP Prince Rogers Nelson (Known as Prince)
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Minnesota USA
Story: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-prince-idUSKCN0XI2C4

They are not sure what he died from as of yet. One of the best concerts I've ever seen...the guy was just a pure entertainer. I know he can be polarizing, but his music (especially writing) is incredible.

Edited by pyonir (Thu Apr 21 2016 01:23 PM)

#1133509 - Thu Apr 21 2016 12:50 PM Re: RIP Prince Rogers Nelson (Known as Prince)
Tryst Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Mu Mu Land
All these celebrities dying, been a bad year.

Edited by Tryst (Thu Apr 21 2016 12:51 PM)

#1133510 - Thu Apr 21 2016 01:13 PM Re: RIP Prince Rogers Nelson (Known as Prince)
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
... and the doves cry... wahoo we oo

Edited by mehaul (Thu Apr 21 2016 02:17 PM)

The ultimate activity is the Dream.

#1133511 - Thu Apr 21 2016 01:27 PM Re: RIP Prince Rogers Nelson (Known as Prince)
Deadwood003 Offline
Participant

Loc: South Dakota USA
Wow, that makes two today frown

#1133533 - Thu Apr 21 2016 03:11 PM Re: RIP Prince Rogers Nelson (Known as Prince)
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA  
Originally Posted By: pyonir
They are not sure what he died from as of yet.

I heard he had flu-like symptoms six days ago and had to emergency land in the Quad Cities. That may not be what took his life, but I'm suspecting it is definitely a contributing factor.

#1133546 - Thu Apr 21 2016 04:01 PM Re: RIP Prince Rogers Nelson (Known as Prince)
pyonir Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Minnesota USA
Originally Posted By: dg_dave
Originally Posted By: pyonir
They are not sure what he died from as of yet.

I heard he had flu-like symptoms six days ago and had to emergency land in the Quad Cities. That may not be what took his life, but I'm suspecting it is definitely a contributing factor.

Saw that too...and agreed. Really curious as to what it was...

#1133583 - Thu Apr 21 2016 09:26 PM Re: RIP Prince Rogers Nelson (Known as Prince)
mehaul Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Florida USA
it's never a good idea to take opiates on a plane flight. Pressurized cabin and turbulence that can freak out the abuser may not be part of a good trip. Turns out that the landing in Illinois was for an OD event and 'formerly known' left the hospital before his OD treatment was over, a deadly decision since the outcome of incomplete treatment is a rollercoaster ride of come and go highs for a week.

Addit: I watch a lot of the weather channel. I recall that last Friday evening the turbulent super cell systems of Tornado Alley had risen north east out of Texas, across Arkansas and over Tennessee/Kentucky. That would have meant that Prince's flight from Atlanta, Georgia to Minneapolis would have skirted or passed through the destructive weather. Is it coincidence that once past that weather system in southern Illinois, Prince's private jet began a search for an airport near a hospital to treat an OD situation?

April 28 addition:
I'm thinking (hoping) he wasn't really an abuser but was suffering great hip pain. I think on the flight Friday night/Saturday morning, after performing, he took a pain pill. As the plane crossed the turbulence that evening, he got bounced around and the hip pain increased. So, not really aware of the amount and effect of the meds on him, he took another pill and brought on the overdose event, innocently.

Edited by mehaul (Thu Apr 28 2016 09:11 PM)

The ultimate activity is the Dream.

Moderator:  SilverMoonsong, Sypher