Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#113445 - Thu Dec 06 2001 10:42 AM If you could have any artifact or item from history, what would it be?
LindaC007 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: North Carolina USA
I'd love to own the original Strand with the first Sherlock Holmes installment--and Cleopatra's journal--if I could get it translated. Among Many other Souvenirs!

#113446 - Thu Dec 06 2001 05:12 PM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from history, what would it be?
LilSpikey Offline
Mainstay

I'd want the Holy Grail.

#113447 - Thu Dec 06 2001 05:46 PM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from history, what would it be?
Charlie007 Offline
Participant

Loc: North Carolina Mts.
Just let me have Henry Morgan's treasure which was found on Old Providence Island around 1734, and I'd be a happy man! What a Treasure! It'd be enough to play with from now on!

#113448 - Thu Dec 06 2001 06:46 PM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from history, what would it be?
thejazzkickazz Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Utah USA
How about that crown of King Hiero that Archimedes was supposed to measure to ascertain its level of gold content? Tycho Brahe's gold nose? One of Shakespeare's quills? The ivory horn 'olifan' of Roland? So many more just for curiosity purposes!

#113449 - Thu Dec 06 2001 09:05 PM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from history, what would it be?
Anonymous
No longer registered

What about King Solomon's ring? The Holy Grail is in Ethiopia...it is really an old communication device left here by the Extraterrestials...

#113450 - Thu Dec 06 2001 09:27 PM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from history, what would it be?
tanzen Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Melbourne
VIC Australia
I'm going to go off on a tangent and say The Ark Of The Convenant (it has the 10 commandments in it). Just to know that it exists!

#113451 - Fri Dec 07 2001 04:51 AM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from history, what would it be?
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Loc: California USA
Tangent? I thought your name was tanzen! I guess I was pronouncing it wrong!

I would like the sword, from the Arthurian legends.
Or something along the lines of a talisman, don't we have anything not too obtrusive around?
I once got to see the Celtic exhibit in San Francisco in the late seventies and I wouldn't mind something from that show!
Just to ward off evil eyes, mind you!

#113452 - Fri Dec 07 2001 03:14 PM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from history, what would it be?
LindaC007 Offline
Multiloquent

Treasure, hum, Charlie? And Howdy to a NC Mt. Man! Then I want to find all those Spanish Galleons that sunk with the $20,000,000.00 worth of treasure aboard that Sir William Phipps Did Not Find. Let's see, translated into dollars--wow! I could just about pay off National Debt--I could, but I won't!

#113453 - Sun Dec 09 2001 05:53 PM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from history, what would it be?
tjoebigham Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Fairhaven Massachusetts USA   
Anything from the "Essex", the Nantucket whaler sunk by a sperm whale ramming her bow; it inspired the climax of "Moby Dick". Perhaps a harpoon! Handwritten manuscript by Hans Christian Andersen in the original Danish. A quill pen belonging to Poe, DeQuincy, Keats, et al. And the fishing rod of Izaak Walton! tjoeb};>

#113454 - Wed Sep 04 2002 12:15 AM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from history, what would it be?
mandelbrotset Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Riverside Chicago Illinois USA
The Palace of Knossos from Minoan Crete. I think its the most beautiful place, especially the frescoes.

#113455 - Tue Sep 17 2002 05:28 AM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from history, what would it be?
Miaow Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: East London
I'll have the Kohi-Noor diamond which is historic and real!! It's also cursed so maybe not.

Linda I'll just have to have Dr Indiana Jones whip!!

#113456 - Sun Jun 15 2003 12:46 PM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from history, what would it be?
etartherat10 Offline
Mainstay

Er . . . the Holy Grail, all of King Tut's riches, and J.R.R. Tolkien's 1st Draft for the Lord of the Rings book. Many others.

#113457 - Sun Jun 15 2003 01:13 PM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from history, what would it be?
DakotaNorth Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Philadelphia Pennsylvania USA
I would love to have the full intact case file of Jack The Ripper, before items disappeared from the file...that way I'd know without a doubt who The Ripper really was.

#113458 - Sun Jun 15 2003 01:28 PM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from history, what would it be?
etartherat10 Offline
Mainstay

One of the many mysteries of the world. Who was Jack the Ripper???

#113459 - Sun Jun 15 2003 01:34 PM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from history, what would it be?
DakotaNorth Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Philadelphia Pennsylvania USA
Etar...Jack The Ripper is perhaps the most infamous serial killer ever. His killing spree began in August 1888 and ended in the fall of the same year. Although he's credited with killing five prostitutes, some claim he killed more than that and that his killings actually began several months earlier.

To this day, no one is entirely sure of The Ripper's identity, the only thing that anyone has is a guess as to who he really was. It's a mystery.

#113460 - Sun Jun 15 2003 01:39 PM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from history, what would it be?
etartherat10 Offline
Mainstay

I knew that. I didn't mean "Who was Jack the Ripper?" as an actual question. I meant it as in that nobody did know, and that we're still trying to find out.

#113461 - Sun Jun 15 2003 01:44 PM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from hi
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
You are taking the thread off topic, please ask that in another thread in a more appropriate forum if you wish but this one is about artifacts people would like to own.

#113462 - Sun Jun 15 2003 01:48 PM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from hi
sue943 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Jersey Channel Islands        
I would quite like the Crown Jewels, if I can't have them all I will settle for one of the crowns with whacking great diamonds, that would do nicely thank you.

#113463 - Sun Jun 15 2003 04:21 PM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from hi
SOTHC Offline

Loc: Aylesford Kent England UK    
I would like the original ticket that won the biggest roll over jackpot in the history of lotteries. ( oh and a little time machine of course)

#113464 - Sun Jun 15 2003 06:02 PM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from hi
rogue Offline
Mainstay

I'd love to have some kind of ancient Egyptian artifact, a throne of some king, perhaps. Also, a Viking ship. And
I'd like to have all the confiscated, undocumented evidence- bullet fragments,photos, videos, etc- in the JFK assassination.

#113465 - Sun Jun 15 2003 11:50 PM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from hi
damnsuicidalroos Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Sydney
NSW Australia
A large castle,any intact livable castle will do thank you.P.S Santa I have been good this year.

#113466 - Mon Jun 16 2003 04:12 AM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from history, what would it be?
Tielhard Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Blackpool UK
Jazz has opened up a rather interesting if somewhat macabre line of enquiry here with his desire to possess the golden nose of the astronomer Tycho Brahe. What other surgical appliances and prosthesis from history might be worthy of possession and collection?

The false teeth of John Warren, hand crafted by Paul Revere.
The wooden hand of Captain Danjou, the greatest hero of the legion.
The pacemaker of Krusty the Klown. He is not real? You don't say. OK, the pacemaker of Agnes Bojaxhiu (Theresa of Calcutta).
The hearing throne of John VI, king of Portugal.
Byron's built up boot.
Margaret Thatcher's nipple ring.
So many artificial legs to choose from; Frida Khalo's, W.H. Davis', with Douglas Badder you get two or how about Antonio Lopez de Santanna's, nicked by US forces more than 150 years ago and still not returned to his family.
Peter Falk's glass eye, of course we shall have to wait for the poor man to pass on.
Pamela Anderson's silicon implants.

Quite an interesting collection but I don't think I would want to keep it in the dining room.

Seriously? If I could have any artefacts from history I think I would like some momento's of the great explorers. Boy's Own stuff I know but it would make me happy.

Kupe's paddle,
Lope de Aguirre's sword,
Jeddidiah Smith's rifle,
the Prince of Navigator's sextant ,
Nan Singh's compass,
Sylvia Earle's JIM (where would I keep it?),
Don Walsh' cap,
Yuri Gagarin's helmet,
the US flag left at Tranquillity base,

and lastly and completely off my theme, the keys of Granada.

PS: The Holy Grail is in my basement. I found it in the Ariege a couple of years ago. Along with the painting Mr. Grey sold me that I have stashed in the attic and the pot of gold the little man in green gave me it is part of my retirement plan.

#113467 - Mon Jun 16 2003 10:23 PM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from history, what would it be?
achernar Offline
Prolific

Loc: Mumbai India                  
The sphinx's nose...

#113468 - Tue Jun 17 2003 06:05 AM Re: If you could have any artifact or item from history, what would it be?
ace_sodium Offline
Prolific

Loc: India
3 simple things...........

The 'lost' girlie magazines of Ayotollah Khomeini

Cleopatra

Excalibur

Moderator:  bloomsby