Rules
Terms of Use

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#113581 - Wed May 28 2003 03:27 PM Re: If you could live anywhere on the planet....
A Member Offline
Multiloquent

Loc:  
Bertho - apart from the brewery we are in heaven! (you haven't tried real ale have you!)

#113582 - Sun Jun 01 2003 07:45 PM Re: If you could live anywhere on the planet....
rogue Offline
Mainstay

Quote:

If you could live anywhere in the world, other than where you live, where would it be and why?

Somewhere I could find a love of my own, that's not unrequited.

#113583 - Sun Jun 01 2003 11:58 PM Re: If you could live anywhere on the planet....
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
There are a number countries I would like to sample life in. These are Canada, America, Australia, Jamaica and Iceland. Not just to holiday but to live and work in for six months or so. I think only then can a true picture of a country be gained. Even then, some of those places are so vast the ways of life must vary tremendously within them.

To idealise the place I’d like to settle though:

I’d like to live somewhere that has some sunshine and warm weather (but it mustn't be too hot). Also a fair amount of rain would be desirable to keep the countryside green and in good condition. Along with that, some snow every now and again would be nice but it shouldn't hang about for long periods of time. Shops and countryside must both be within easy reach and I must have enough local hilly places to go mountain biking. I would also prefer a country with few things to grumble about because what’s life in a place without a few drawbacks to provide topics of conversation? I suppose many places in the world must fill those requirements but Hey! …do I really need to go anywhere?

#113584 - Wed Jun 18 2003 05:34 PM Re: If you could live anywhere on the planet....
Anonymous
No longer registered

I would love to live somewhere in the tropics near a beach, a rainforest, a river, a lake, tide pools, a mangrove… anywhere were there were lots of different habitats with lots of biodiversity in them. It would be the greatest!... OH… and FAR FAR away from humanity; maybe just a small town.
(There has to be SOMEWHERE like that right?)

#113585 - Wed Jun 18 2003 08:41 PM Re: If you could live anywhere on the planet....
Exit10 Offline

Loc: Brisbane Queensland Australia
It sounds like the Daintree Forest just north of Cairns is for you CHIMPS.

There is a small village as you enter the forest proper, and at one stage the road is so close to the water's edge you can get out of your car and cross from the Great Barrier Reef to the forest. A tidal river exists with mangrove banks except for some small sandy parts.

However I don't recommend getting out of your boat because there are a few crocs in the vicinity. OK there are a lot of crocs but other than that it is a beautiful place to get back to nature.

#113586 - Wed Jun 18 2003 08:41 PM Re: If you could live anywhere on the planet....
superferd Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Boca Raton
Florida USA  
If this counts for any TIME as well, I would go back and check out Atlantis in its hayday (you know, before it sunk)...
Otherwise, I would probably think the grass is always greener no matter where I live. (Just an olive shade away)

#113587 - Thu Jun 19 2003 08:17 AM Re: If you could live anywhere on the planet....
Anonymous
No longer registered

WOW! I must go visit there someday. It sounds great! I do't mind the crocs or sharks or venomous snakes.
I'll go visit sometime.

#113588 - Thu Jun 19 2003 05:55 PM Re: If you could live anywhere on the planet....
DakotaNorth Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Philadelphia Pennsylvania USA
If I could live any where on Earth, I would love to live in Africa or Australia. Those two continents have got to be the most awesome!

#113589 - Fri Jun 20 2003 08:37 AM Re: If you could live anywhere on the planet....
Anonymous
No longer registered

Why? hot, dry, where would you want to live? tropical rainforest, desert, savannas, what?

#113590 - Fri Jun 27 2003 09:11 PM Re: If you could live anywhere on the planet....
Pearldust Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Ithaca New York USA      

Anaheim
Orlando
Paris
Bermuda Triangle

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  bloomsby