Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#1140777 - Yesterday at 11:37 AM Unpublished archive query
satguru Online   content
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
I know generally how Terry's archive works, but wondered how much is saved as opposed to removed over time, and whether it includes unpublished things such as when we logged in (which is recorded on our profiles each time).

I have trawled back to my first day here and filled in as many gaps as I can on Web Archive, and then wondered about the early days I visited without posting. I presume these are recorded in private for each of us, but are they saved and readable if we have any queries? Gtho4 is the first man to ask here as he is the king of the database.

UN IPCC

#1140779 - Yesterday at 12:40 PM Re: Unpublished archive query [Re: satguru]
Terry Online   FT-blank

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
You mean forum posts?

Generally, if you don't see old forum posts here, they have been pruned.

#1140806 - Yesterday at 08:21 PM Re: Unpublished archive query [Re: satguru]
satguru Online   content
Forum Champion

I am familiar with posts, but is there a record of when we logged in each time (as per the updates which are now on both our profiles)?

For example, I checked the rare posts I made in the first three years I was here and found most of them using those two ways (a few I remember have vanished from both), but I was curious if it was possible to check the old archives for when a member lurked but didn't post? As I've created such a comprehensive archive out of my natural interest I had just thought of another level I could add, if it was actually possible.

For example, can you look at the same timeline showing our posts to see when we logged in in between them, say for 2001, and if so how many years back can you go to do so? As it's been on our profiles for a while that was what made me think of it.

Edited by satguru (Yesterday at 08:22 PM)

UN IPCC

#1140812 - Yesterday at 09:19 PM Re: Unpublished archive query [Re: satguru]
gtho4 Offline

Administrator

Loc: Sydney oz downunder           
>> if it was possible to check the old archives
>> for when a member lurked but didn't post?

The system doesn't store that data. It stores Date of Last Post, and Date Last Online; and that's it. It can't create a timeline.

#1140832 - Today at 09:42 AM Re: Unpublished archive query [Re: satguru]
Terry Online   FT-blank

Head Honcho

Loc: USA
No, we don't keep data like that.

#1140835 - 31 minutes 55 seconds ago Re: Unpublished archive query [Re: satguru]
satguru Online   content
Forum Champion

Thanks both, I didn't know how comprehensive the records were but now know their limits.

UN IPCC

Moderator:  Terry