Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#1158102 - Mon Feb 13 2017 01:07 AM Songs with an important message
ElusiveDream Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Victoria Australia
There are some songs that contain an important message. One such song is "Alyssa Lies" by Jason Michael Carroll. Shown below is a link to the video clip. It's a very sad song based on the true story of a little girl who died as a result of child abuse. The song's message is simple: if you see or know of a child who's being abused, do the right thing and tell someone. You might just save that child's life.

http://tinyurl.com/hazqnaf

Have you heard any songs that contain important messages?

#1158129 - Mon Feb 13 2017 07:48 AM Re: Songs with an important message
jabb5076 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia USA
Virtually everyone has heard numerous songs that contain social or political messages. In fact, protest songs are a well-known song genre.

#1160815 - Sat Mar 18 2017 02:20 PM Re: Songs with an important message
apathy100 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By: jabb5076
Virtually everyone has heard numerous songs that contain social or political messages. In fact, protest songs are a well-known song genre.

I think that while all songs have some kind of message, some scream out very specific ones. In fact, one that always seems to come back to me all the time is Martina McBride's Concrete Angel and the subject of child abuse as the initial post briefly mentioned. I think it would be pretty neat to create a list of songs that have important messages to us in this thread with a link. It could be social, environmental, political, etc... keeping things appropriate of course.

Martina McBride - Concrete Angel

--Nelson Mandela--

Moderator:  SilverMoonsong, Sypher