Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#1158261 - Wed Feb 15 2017 12:52 AM Expert Challenge
seekernym Offline
Learning the ropes...

I had a Who's the Expert challenge yesterday and we actually wound up with a tie:

Attempts so far (max 4 per player):

seekernym: Colors: 1451

bubbatom1: Colors: 1451

Current leader: seekernym (1451)

I checked the standings in the Colors quiz and my opponent had played first and ranked *above* me in the results - so they should have gotten the win for this challenge, not me. Help?

#1158262 - Wed Feb 15 2017 01:10 AM Re: Expert Challenge [Re: seekernym]
looney_tunes Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Briar Hill Victoria Australia 
This game may well score people to one or more decimal places, which are not displayed, but which can differentiate players on the same score when they have been rounded off to be presented as integers.

I think this is the first time I have seen someone noticing this kind of anomaly who thinks they should have lost - it's usually the one who feels robbed!

#1158263 - Wed Feb 15 2017 01:46 AM Re: Expert Challenge [Re: looney_tunes]
seekernym Offline
Learning the ropes...

Thanks for the reply - turns out we were BOTH credited with the win, and I'm definitely ok with that smile.

#1158654 - Today at 04:46 AM Re: Expert Challenge [Re: seekernym]
nasty_liar Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England UK
Originally Posted By: seekernym
Thanks for the reply - turns out we were BOTH credited with the win, and I'm definitely ok with that smile.

Wow! Room for collusion there? Or would the attitude be that if two players did manage to deliberately score equally on Expert for the purposes of the challenge then hats off for managing it!?

#1158655 - Today at 05:43 AM Re: Expert Challenge [Re: seekernym]
MrNobody97 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Illinois
Whereas if you have a tie in the Nemesis Challenge, the system picks one winner at random.

On FT, the "friendly ties" solution seem to be the exception rather than the rule.

Moderator:  Terry