Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#1158605 - Sun Feb 19 2017 11:57 AM Who's the Expert Championship Division Win Credit
Humanist Offline
Participant

Loc: South Hadley Massachusetts USA...
I don't post very often in these Forums, but I am becoming increasingly frustrated with how the win in the Championship Division is assigned. It seems that I am finishing behind one, two or possibly even three or more players who have won a topic as a Champion YEARS ago.

My proposal is this: If the top finisher(s) already has the win in that topic in the Championship Division, then the win should go to the next player down the list (2nd, 3rd, etc.) who has not won the Championship in that topic.

This is something that computers can do really well and quickly!

I don't have a problem with people playing a game that they like, 24 times a day, as quickly as they can for the most bonus points (Top 10). But let's face it: some of our competitors have the ANSWERS memorized and don't even have to read the questions.

I also have no problem with competition and being bested by my betters (losing). I just want to win my share of games toward the Championship Expert badges without running into the same players all day and night.

Would appreciate some feedback on my idea.

Thanx, Chevy a/k/a Humanist

#1158610 - Sun Feb 19 2017 01:14 PM Re: Who's the Expert Championship Division Win Credit
Barbarini Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Alberta Canada
Chevy, I'm sure we've all felt like that at some point or another but the challenge is in winning against the best. For those of us who have slogged away and done it the hard way, I don't expect you'll receive much support for having the game changed. Sorry mate!

#1159454 - Thu Mar 02 2017 07:21 AM Re: Who's the Expert Championship Division Win Credit
Humanist Offline
Participant

Loc: South Hadley Massachusetts USA...
Hey, thanx for your response! For you and all who may see this, I've been advised to move this discussion to another part of the Forum: "Administration - Feedback" and I have done so. Please see:

http://www.funtrivia.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1159208#Post1159208

Moderator:  ozzz2002