Rules: Read Me!
Admin: sue943
Legal / Conditions of Use

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#119776 - Mon Aug 05 2002 07:11 AM Re: Are You A Snob?
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Loc: California USA
We're going to have the best party here with the twenty zone! I wonder if it picked up on my Grey Poupon thing...the advert or commercial depicts someone with an extremely posh British accent sticking their hand out of the car for the Grey Poupon mustard...accentuating the Poupon..which makes it sound more like Poop on than anything else...
My hidden snobbery is that I know fully well that no Frenchman would recognize this mustard, it's not a French brand but they'd prefer Maille..one of the older brands or Amora. Anything from Dijon normally does it.
Granted I've seen people bring it to the States in their bags as they miss it. They find American brands insipid!

Anyone going to tell us who Adam Sandler is please?
I could look it up but I'm feeling tired.

#119777 - Mon Aug 05 2002 08:24 AM Re: Are You A Snob?
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: New Westminster BC Canada
Adam Sandlar is an American Comedian who got his start on Saturday Night Live! He isn't that funny! Most pre teens and teens find his humour funny! None of his movies have been that big atthe box office although he did have a hit with the Wedding Singer I think? Anyway that's who he is! Hope that helped! PF

#119778 - Mon Aug 05 2002 07:39 PM Re: Are You A Snob?
Betleguise Offline
Participant

Loc: Connecticut
Another 20 here. Who the heck thought up that first question???

Adam Sandler is awful. I don't like subtitles though either. That question would probably have given those with a low score one of zero if the other option was something more widely known and appreciated; like the Three Stooges! No contest there!

I'm guessing that given the number of people who have never heard of Sandler, they are mostly those outside the U.S. Pray that this garbage doesn't reach your shores. While it might have been somewhat amusing on SNL, one-line yuks don't cut it for a two hour movie-at least not when it's the same person.

#119779 - Tue Aug 06 2002 01:45 PM Re: Are You A Snob?
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Loc: California USA
I think I know who he is now! But I'd probably watch it just for old times sake.
Perhaps I could be a Saturday Night Live snob as I only like certain years, like wine! Once Gilda and John went to that comedy place above, I stopped enjoying it much.
But wait now, my problem is I prefer subtitles, no matter what language as I prefer to hear the real voice no matter what it is.
Maybe I should have had a few more snob points.

#119780 - Wed Aug 14 2002 05:22 PM Re: Are You A Snob?
Callybub Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Waterford Ireland      
Oh my God I scored 80. That can't be right. The questions must be open to interpretation. They called me superficial!! I'm not superficial. I'm not super anything. I've well and truly shocked myself.

#119781 - Mon Aug 19 2002 12:34 AM Re: Are You A Snob?
Moo Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: at the computer
I scored 50! Total shock and dismay! But I guess if refusing to have a quickie in a fleabag motel makes me a snob, so be it. There are worse things to prove a person is a snob than having morals and standards.
Then extract your wisdom teeth." [/color]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ren33, SilverMoonsong