Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#1210958 - Sun Nov 04 2018 03:37 AM First it was Photobucket... Now it's Flickr!
sisterseagull Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Torquay, Devon UK
Just a heads up... After January 8th 2019, Flickr have decided to restrict the number of images that free account holders can post to 1,000. You can have more but will need to pay $49.99 per annum for the privilige...

How disappointing but inevitable I suppose.

#1210999 - Sun Nov 04 2018 01:17 PM Re: First it was Photobucket... Now it's Flickr!
CmdrK Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: NevadaUSA
That likely won't be a problem for me, Steve, but you may have to do some creative editing. smile

#1211005 - Sun Nov 04 2018 03:46 PM Re: First it was Photobucket... Now it's Flickr!
flopsymopsy Offline

Administrator

Loc: Northampton England UK
Well, at least they've learned that the arbitrary imposition of $400-500 fees would irritate a few people! Makes $50 seem like a bargain... and it is really, we're just not used to paying anything at all.

Photobucket, by the way, very quietly restored the embedded links to people's images a few months ago, albeit with a nasty watermark on them. If you want to get rid of the watermark they'll now charge you about $50 p.a., give or take. I suspect they lost too many customers, and far too much goodwill, to get enough people to pay them anything at all so I don't know if that will be a long-term viable option but it's there should you want it.

#1211188 - Tue Nov 06 2018 08:24 AM Re: First it was Photobucket... Now it's Flickr!
sisterseagull Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Torquay, Devon UK
CmdrK... Hahaha laugh

Flopsy... I gave it some thought and bit the bullet. I suppose fifty dollars is worth the time saved deciding which images to remove.

Moderator:  flopsymopsy